Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma (2417 Views)

Why Can’t Those Christians That Complained Go And Fight Terrorism - Buhari / DASUKI GATE: Speak Up, Nigerians Tell Jonathan / Top 5 Most Corrupt Government Agencies Siphoning Nigeria's Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2011
Now, the Goodluck Jonathan administration is deploying the same old, hackneyed, duplicitous, and mind-numbingly familiar arguments to increase fuel prices. But I think this time around the government is pushing its luck a little too far—never mind that the name of the president is “good luck.” As the English say, even a worm will turn, meaning even the meekest and most docile person will fight back if you push him so hard that he has nowhere else to escape to.

Goodluck Jonathan--may not be lucky this time

The government is about to push the masses of Nigerians to a cul-de-sac. When that happens the masses would be faced with only two options: fight back fiercely and doggedly or submit to incremental but sure death. If it is true that self-preservation is the first law of nature, I expect a sustained, single-minded, and uncompromising battle in the coming months. The time may have finally come when the fault-lines of ethnicity and religion that have historically divided Nigerians will no longer matter.

But the Nigerian people should never wait until next year when the government increases fuel prices before they strike. The “Occupy Nigeria” movement should start right away! And here is why.

While over 80 percent of Nigerians live below the breadline, our legislators at both houses of the National Assembly earn more money than any elected official in the whole world, including Barack Obama, president of the world’s most prosperous nation. Our president and his numberless coterie of useless minions pillage the national treasury daily in the name of maintaining government. Our ministers are the most expensive public officials in the world.

Now, because a numerically insignificant portion of the population that are “privileged” to work for government asked for a miserly 18,000 naira a month minimum wage, the government wants to push every Nigerian who falls outside the orbit of institutionalized stealing otherwise known as government to the brink, to the very edge of existence. The same government that is complaining of the unbearable burden of “subsidizing” fuel prizes for the masses of Nigeria has depleted our foreign reserve by $3.5 billion in 2011 alone to subsidize the unconscionably lavish opulence of its members.

In all of this, perhaps the biggest scandal is that among oil-producing countries in the world, Nigerians pay about the most for petrol. While Nigerians currently pay about $1.64 for fuel per gallon, Venezuelans pay only 18 cents per gallon (meaning a bottle of water is cheaper than a gallon of petrol in the country!), Iranians pay just 37 cents per gallon, war-ravaged Libyans 54 cents, Saudi Arabians 48 cents, Qataris 72 cents, Bahrainis 78 cents, Turkmens (citizens of Turkmenistan) 72 cents, Kuwaitis 87 cents, Omanis $1.17, Yemenis $1.32, etc. Only citizens of the United Arab Emirates pay slightly higher than us for petrol at $1.78 per gallon.

The standard of living in all of these countries is, of course, light-years higher than Nigeria’s. They have better social safety nets for their poor.

I read that government wants to raise the fuel price to 141 naira per litter at the very minimum, which adds up $3.6 per gallon! That would mean that petrol would be cheaper in America and some European countries that don’t export oil than in Nigeria! (Nigerian importers always import the lowest possible quality of fuel to the country).

Remember, too, that the federal minimum wage in the United States is $7.25 per hour. That adds up to $1,160 per month, which is equivalent to 184,000 naira per month. In the state of Washington, the minimum wage per hour is $8.67.

So by next year, a low-grade clerk with an 18,000 naira monthly salary in Nigeria will be paying more for fuel than an American laborer who receives the equivalent of 184,000 per month. And the low-grade clerk is a citizen of the world’s 8th largest exporter of oil. Where is the justice in that? Why the heck should we have cream and our faces are dry?

If Nigerians don’t wake up now and occupy Aso Rock, the National Assembly, the Federal Secretariat, the Central Bank, governor’s offices all over the federation, etc they will be “occupied.” And this “occupation” will be more suffocating than it has ever been. The choice before Nigerians is one between death and life. I hope Nigerians choose life!

Written by Ifeoma Ojukwu.

http://www.codewit.com/africa/3622-rise-up-nigerians-and-fight-this-corrupt-government
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2011
Great columnist Ifeoma. Love her to bits. Very objective and tackles the problem
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
In all of this, perhaps the biggest scandal is that among oil-producing countries in the world, Nigerians pay about the most for petrol. While Nigerians currently pay about $1.64 for fuel per gallon, Venezuelans pay only 18 cents per gallon (meaning a bottle of water is cheaper than a gallon of petrol in the country!), Iranians pay just 37 cents per gallon, war-ravaged Libyans 54 cents, Saudi Arabians 48 cents, Qataris 72 cents, Bahrainis 78 cents, Turkmens (citizens of Turkmenistan) 72 cents, Kuwaitis 87 cents, Omanis $1.17, Yemenis $1.32, etc. Only citizens of the United Arab Emirates pay slightly higher than us for petrol at $1.78 per gallon.

The standard of living in all of these countries is, of course, light-years higher than Nigeria’s. They have better social safety nets for their poor.

I would like silly people like PointB and co to read this part and learn
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by htajz: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

true talk u are an ideeiot. WHAT HAS IGBO GOT TO DO WITH FUEL PRICE.

abeg leave if u hv nothing better

hahahah this one got to you, uptil today u still call 1966 coup igbo coup even when yorubas where involved, anyway i have made my point known they will obviously be target of looting, london riot will be like comedy compared to what will happen to them and their investments all over the country  when chaos starts, the only revolution that will make sense if it is  targeted towards dividing this country for good apart from that your on your own. and am mentioning igbo because u have already started pushing propaganda that igbos are the ones calling for occupy nigeria so that wen it goes bad you do what you do best , you can then remind we ijaws that it was the igbos that hate GEJ
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

hahahah this one got to you, uptil today u still call 1966 coup igbo coup even when yorubas where involved, anyway i have made my point known they will obviously be target of looting, london riot will be like comedy compared to what will happen to them and their investments all over the country  when chaos starts, the only revolution that will make sense if it is  targeted towards dividing this country for good apart from that your on your own. and am mentioning igbo because u have already started pushing propaganda that igbos are the ones calling for occupy nigeria so that wen it goes bad you do what you do best , you can then remind we ijaws that it was the igbos that hate GEJ

stop derailing the thread, moreover what do u mean by investment ? why would anyone steal another man's investment ?

SMH , na wa o. I think you have a big problem.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by htajz: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
it happened in 1966 when a group of soldiers tried to save nigeria from curruption , they failed and it was labeled igbo coup, we know what happened to them and we other easterners , again 1967 when ojukwu tried to finally remove the east from this evil country in the hands of currupt military generals, it failed again and till today the man and igbo people in genral have become topic of ridicule by your people , now you want to start again , never and not in your lifetime, push for nigerian to start a revolution to divide the country then we will join you. or start the revolution in your state lets see how it goes.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Yeske2(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

igbo people again , they never learn anything , when it start let them remember they will be the target of lootings by miscreants in lagos and the north.this is the kind of news nigerian media like , when all good bad it will be easy to point out igbos as the cause of it.
Are you saying what the writer noted are false and we as Nigerians can't fight for our right? This is exactly what our politicians like- divide and rule, so that we can't come together to fight for a common goal. Stop tribalising and let's fight the common enemy
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by htajz: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2011
Yeske!:

Are you saying what the writer noted are false and we as Nigerians can't fight for our right? This is exactly what our politicians like- divide and rule, so that we can't come together to fight for a common goal. Stop tribalising and let's fight the common enemy
oh pls shut up , in one thread on the front page your insulting people that tried it before and in another your calling for a revolution, you people are so deceitful.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2011
Yeske!:

thank you ooooo!!!

leaders use tribalism to hold us down while they steal. SMH @we common Nigerians

the north = ciroma

the west = Afenifere

the east = Ohaneze

the Ijaws = egbesu

the Leaders = PDP

Na wao
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

oh pls shut up , in one thread on the front page your insulting people that tried it before and in another your calling for a revolution, you people are so deceitful.

are u living in Nigeria, and if so, where ?
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by htajz: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

are u living in Nigeria, and if so, where ?

i live in portharcourt
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2011
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by htajz: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2011
i dont understand how nigerians demonize people that have fought the nigeria govt before yet your calling for another one , sorry tribalism is everything in nigeria so decision are made based on it , even nairaland feeds on tribalism.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
Nigerian you need to read this article and stop deluding urselves to think the government cares for you
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
Go and fight now, the army will have a good excuse to reduce the population grin
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2011
@alj_harem

Your thread always have bad and evil intentions. You are never to be taken seriously and trusted. Hypocrite.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Why government will not keep its promises, by Akinlaja (Ex-NUPENG Sec. Gen)[/size]

*Explains why subsidy is a fraud
*Says Mimiko’s second term is assured

Hon. (Comrade) Joseph Iranola Akinlaja is a member of Federal House of Representatives, representing Ondo East/West Federal Constituency. Before he delved into active politics he was a labour leader of note. He rose to the position of deputy national president of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and Secretary General of Nigerian Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG. After that, the Petroleum Tanker Drivers (PTD an affiliate of NUPENG) made him their Grand Patron/Technical Consultant. He is currently national deputy chairman of Labour Party and deputy chairman House Committee on Women Affairs, and member of other key committees.

In this interview with Sunday Vanguard, Akinlaja pooh poohed  the federal government’s proposed oil subsidy removal as a death wish, talked about challenges in the oil & gas sector, his style of representation at the assembly and about his constituency projects. About his State, Ondo, he expressed confidence in Governor Mimiko’s re_election bid, and gave insights concerning the state of the nation among other things.
Excerpts:

As ex-Deputy National President of NLC would you throw your weight behind the FG’s proposed oil subsidy removal?
Well judging from my experience it is not worth my while ordinarily to throw my weight behind government’s plans to expunge oil subsidy. Out of the three major white products which means PMS (Petrol) AGO (diesel) DPK (kerosene), two of them had been deregulated. That is, diesel and kerosene, yet all the promises the government made have not been redeemed, promise of Eldorado that once the products are deregulated prices will fall and commodity prices will stabilise all these promises had become a mirage, contrary to their postulations that market forces will drive down price, market price are  skyrocketing by the day.

The on_going price of diesel had made transportation, industry and domestic use of the products to attract severe hardship, factory and industry closure and reduction in the purchasing power of the ordinary Nigerians, because now the masses have to pay more for fuel, pay more for transportation, you have to pay more for food because once prices of transportation go up food prices will also be hiked correspondingly.

So, if you look at this situation, which is real, one will never think of supporting government in their argument that removal of fuel subsidy will lead to infrastructural development. They have said these times without number over and over again it has not happened. Nevertheless I am in a different setting now, what I have said is my personal opinion on the matter but I am sure that the National Executive Council of Labour Party which is my party will take a position on it and whatever decision my party takes as a democrat I will comply accordingly.

During your days as a labour activist, how do you normally approach the issue of deregulation of the upstream and downstream sectors and local content

Whenever the issue of deregulation or removal of oil subsidy comes up usually we call a meeting either of central working committee or national executive council of the Nigeria Labour Congress in collaboration with our trade union congress counterpart, we sit, debate and take a position. And most of the time our decision was to disagree with the government and take decisive decision to dialogue, and eventually confront if dialogue fails to persuade the government to drop the idea. That’s how we have always handled deregulation.

On local content we usually engage the authorities especially manpower development and manpower utilisation, we insisted in the industry on the use of manpower from the catchment area where such industry or companies are located, we insisted on the enforcement of the law on local content. In the oil industry where I practised unionism for about thirty-five years, we were able to achieve some commendable results of local content, especially in the upstream and downstream sector.

Would you agree with the government that all its promised palliatives for the removal of oil subsidy would be effected? In your own view can the government be trusted?

Well I will not agree that the promised palliatives after the removal of oil subsidy would be effected. And my reasons are these; at the wake of the introduction of government policy on deregulation and removal of oil subsidy they promised so many things including the fact that the refineries will work, energy will improve, the money saved from wastage, (they call oil subsidy wastage) which we call opportunity cost they said if they can mop up this money they will use it in providing infrastructures that refineries would work,  more employment would be created and as at that time they set up Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Committee (PPPRC). It was later changed to Petroleum Products Price Regulatory Agency (PPPRA). The second major attempt again they said there would be palliatives.

That was when labour agreed they should deregulate the price of diesel, they said they were going to buy buses for mass transit as one of the palliatives.  The question today is where are those vehicles? Are they bought or not or they ended up with the same people that made promises who cannot fulfill it? Now when they say refineries will work and it never worked, when they say employment would be generated and it was never so, unemployment is rising.

Also when they said that energy will improve and energy is almost nonexistent now. How can there be employment when factories and industries are closing due to high cost of energy? With all these ugly antecedent of deception and insincerity, how can they now convince Nigerians again that when you deregulate the final one which is petrol (PMS) that the money will be used for those palliatives they have promised?  It’s like a broken record, a motion without movement, that is what the situation looks like to me; worn out promises, they have said it one time too many, no difference, no confidence, people don’t have confidence in them anymore.

This is the same government that negotiated with ASUU and signed agreements years after they fail to implement it.  And it is not only ASUU, most agreements that government entered into voluntarily, they renege at the point of implementation, that is their culture.

They have made the people to lose trust in them in their ability to deliver on their promises. So I don’t believe and don’t trust them. I want the government to point at something that will convince the members of the public that yes they made promise on x project or programme and they delivered. Even the annual budget, how much of the budget they voluntarily presented to the national assembly for approval and approved has been implemented before the end of every fiscal year? Provisions for Ministries, Departments, and Agencies are usually not adequate yet at the end of the year they would still find it convenient to say we refund unspent budget.  Look at the irony, the money is usually inadequate.  Besides they still have the pleasure to return it as unspent funds.

It is being said that it won’t be easy for Governor Mimiko to win the guber race in Ondo State come 2012 going by the attendant distractions, harsh and vituperative criticisms coming from the opposition camps particularly ACN?
Let me assure you that His Excellency Governor Olusegun Mimiko will record landslide victory in the coming guber election, because the people are strongly behind him _ the elites, the artisans, students, sports men and women, people at the grassroots, market women etc. This is evident because Mimiko has touched many lives through creation of enabling environment capable of adding value to their private personal lives, businesses and investments.

The current administration in Ondo State has embarked on urban renewal programmes and it has recorded huge successes, the master plan of that will help to absorb the renewal of six major urban centres of Akure, Ondo, Ikare, Owo, Okitipupa, and Ore to start with. These six urban centres have been redesigned, upgraded, and urban renewal would be perfectly implemented _ that is the new spirit in our state for new paradigm shift. Also to his credit is the provision of world class diagnostic and health centre in the country. The projects include the Gani Fawehinmi Diagnostic Centre, the ‘Abiye’ health programme, and the ‘Mother and Child Hospital’ with free medical services.

Apart from this, the world class neighbourhood markets which have removed trading from the streets were also built; market women now experience pleasure and not pain in doing their business; they no longer wear rain booths to market.  The market is now solar powered and things are functioning in their maximum capacity in the interest of all. Another milestone is the road construction through the use of competent construction contractors and they have been delivering on time.

For the avoidance of doubt the Oba Adesida, Owo, Ondo dualisation and so many others are the proofs of these facts and when completed will be the best thing to happen to road networking in the history of the state.  There is no community in Ondo State that has not felt the presence of Governor Mimiko within his two_year stay in office in terms of people oriented developments. I only told you few things he had achieved within that short period. So tell me why wont he win? With the support of the people through the grace of God Mimiko’s second term bid is already a done deal.

Mimiko cannot be distracted; he is unrepentant in concentrating on delivering on his promises to the good people of Ondo State that is his mandate and that is our philosophy as a party, politics is not run on the pages of newspapers by way of propaganda or mudslinging; politics is run on the field through the support of the people at the grassroots especially when the people feel the dividends of democracy through genuine means.
What is the single most disturbing factor in all of these?

There are many now. Because the ripple effects of oil subsidy removal will definitely lead to joblessness, high cost of living, low purchasing power, run-away inflation, increase in crime rate and increase in prostitution, to mention but a few.

Should Nigerians trust Jonathan of PDP?
He is a member of the PDP and it is so disturbing that the people around President Jonathan may not allow him to offer the best he intended; they have entangled him with deceptive and suffocating structure. There is an adage in Yorubaland which says “Agbara ojo koni ohun onile wo, onile nio ni gba fun” the literary meaning of that is ”the force of the torrent is capable of destroying the building, it is the property owner that won’t give it the chance”. The same set of people that have been ruling Nigeria since the early 60s are still the same at the corridor of power; those that are dead succeeded in putting their children, they keep recycling themselves day in day out They only change the name of the political party from time to time.

Today people are now toeing the line of making violent change inevitable in the polity since peaceful change had been truncated and that is really dangerous for us as a country. The reaction is now manifest in different forms, people now react through their ethnic militias or religious sect. We now have OPC, Bakassi, Egbesu, MEND, and now it is Boko Haram. Instead of thinking of how to curb the problem they are only addressing the effects and that cannot yield any positive result. As a legislator in the House of Reps, I have proposed social security scheme for unemployed Nigerians and the aged through local government. This can equally put a check on those who pride themselves in embezzling money because this scheme can help foster budget discipline as wells as accountability, people would want to know how their money would be spent and on what programme, scheme or budget.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/why-government-will-not-keep-its-promises-by-akinlaja-ex-nupeng-sec-gen/
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by htajz: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
frosbel:

Go and fight  now, the army will have a good excuse to reduce the population  grin

na true oo 200million is just too much we need to reduce it to at least 100 million
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
Olodostein:

@alj_harem

Your thread always have bad and evil intentions. You are never to be taken seriously and trusted. Hypocrite.

smdh

look i don't really care about u and htza now. all i care about is the living condition in nigeria.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
frustrated citizen open letter to Mr president

Dear Mr President,

It is me again, I have been quiet on this issue of fuel subsidy until I actually understood fully how this would affect my life in the present climate within the country. Having anaylsed the effect the removal of fuel subsidy would have on my life I am forced to speak out.
I want you to just take a minute to visualise the plight of an average Nigerian through my eyes. I wake up most mornings and when I flick my light switch on, there is no electricity, so I am forced to put on my small generator, to be able to iron my shirt to go to work, believe it or not my generator runs on fuel and at present I am barely able to afford running it at the present price of fuel.
Then on my way to work, I have to get on a bike, popularly known as 'Okada', which runs on fuel and is the only quick and cheap transportation I can afford. The fact that I pray fervently just to get to my destination in one piece is neither here nor there.
Then when I get into my office, my boss is looking miserable again because he has to run the office on generator power every day which is costing him hundreds of thousands every month at the present cost of fuel. I keep praying that the next day I still have a job because at the rate we are going it is not sustainable for any business at these costs.
During my lunch break, I go to my local food joint and ask for my customary eba and egusi soup and every day I notice that that the portions are getting smaller, when I ask the owner why, she just responds that it is due to the cost of getting her items, which includes transportation costs.
In the evening, just to chill out I go to my drinking joint and the noise of a generator can be heard over the music being played, yes you guessed it, the owner of the joint is forced to run her small business on generator power, which uses fuel.
When I get home, there is still no electricity, so I am forced to put on my generator set just to do little chores before I go to bed.
That is my life on a daily basis, and if you were observant Mr president you'd notice the common theme in my daily life is fuel. On my minimum wage I am barely able to exist at the present price of fuel. Now just imagine what would happen if that subsidy was removed, what impact it would have on my life.
I have heard your reasons for why you want to remove the subsidy but to be frank those reasons are weak under the present dispensation, if there is a cartel that is siphoning the subsidy then it is down to you to fish them out and punish them, but to punish the majority for the selfish actions of a few is diabolical.
I have always been a passive Nigerian, always living by the slogan 'it go better', but enough is enough and there is a limit to human endurance. Right now I am at the breaking point, and the removal of the subsidy would be my last straw.
If you remove the subsidy I know that I wont have a job, neither would I be able to put a single meal on my table, so I would be left no other choice.
So Mr President, take a good look around you and see what is happening around the world, people pushed to the edge are fighting back which has led to drastic changes in the political and economic landscape in North Africa, the middle East and even in Europe and America, Nigeria is not an island and is not immune.
I will be first on the revolt line if you go ahead with your plan to remove fuel subsidy so keep an eye out for me, I will be the one with the very large placard saying 'Enough is Enough, step down Mr Jonathan, you are not fit to be my President'.

Enough is Enough.

Yours Sincerely

Frustrated Citizen

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/subsidy-removal-the-thickening-conspiracy/
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
smdh

look i don't really care about u and htza now. all i care about is the living condition in nigeria.

Hahaha, living conditions my assssss. I will trust Serpent over you Chameloen. Just come out and say who you are and where you stand.Coward

Have you finished advocating for Almajiri's to join the military for the sole purpose of war against their follow citizens and to initiate jihad?
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by grafikii: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2011
its about time we told ourselves the truth, we need to stand up and do something, what would we tell our children in future, that we sat down, watched and prayed. i hope this thread makes d front page since mine didn't (would u join a nigerian revolution)
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2011
Olodostein:

Hahaha, living conditions my assssss. I will trust Serpent over you Chameloen. Just come out and say who you are and where you stand.Coward

Have you finished advocating for Almajiri's to join the military for the sole purpose of war against their follow citizens and to initiate jihad?

come to this thread, I opened up here and here are my stance. Read Ybutterfly discussion with me. please do not derail this thread as it would affect u and even ur extended family as well

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-775562.256.html
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
grafikii:

its about time we told ourselves the truth, we need to stand up and do something, what would we tell our children in future, that we sat down, watched and prayed. i hope this thread makes d front page since mine didn't (would u join a nigerian revolution)

Thank you, at this rate, Nigeria will not survive.

the level of crime would jump up
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2011
@alj_harem

Haha, you be one silly dude. I still want know where you stand ooo. Anyways sha i get your point.

If not for Buhari's desperation and complacency in that post- election riot, I would have put much thought in supporting him. He seems like a tough,independent minded man like my Brother Leader.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Relax101(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2011
I wont be suprised if the OP starts to insult Ifeoma in two months time.
Alh Harem, You are demonic.
I need to see you in real life.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Rgp92: 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
Nigerians elected GEJ, now shut the fvck up and enjoy "your" democrazy.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Yeske2(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
htajz:

It is so obvious that as far as we have people like you around exactly what our corrupt leaders want, we are moving nowhere. Dont worry we all are this cesspit together, my only prayer is that people like you are in absolute minority and who are the 'you' you were reffering to on a topic on the front page? BTW, cant you express yourself without being insultive?
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
Relax101:

I wont be suprised if the OP starts to insult Ifeoma in two months time.
Alh Harem, You are demonic.
I need to see you in real life.

Yes I would insult her if in 2 months time, she says rubbish.

In tomorrow she says GEJ is right with the fuel subsidy removal, I WOULD INSULT HER. Make no mistake about that.

How does that make me a demon ? lol grin grin iska grin grin grin
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by aljharem3: 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2011
Olodostein:

@alj_harem

Haha, you be one silly dude. I still want know where you stand ooo. Anyways sha i get your point.

If not for Buhari's desperation and complacency in that post- election riot, I would have put much thought in supporting him. He seems like a tough,independent minded man like my Brother Leader.

as for you,

Every action deserves a reaction. All I did was react to what you of ur brother/sisters did. Teah it is silly and childish but again every action has a reaction. If you equate that to dislike for u or ur people, heck there is nothing I can do about it. My hands are tied u see.

It hurts people like u when others open topic about ur people but when ur people open topics about others, it is ok abi !!

heck, every action has a reaction
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by Relax101(m): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

as for you,

Every action deserves a reaction. All I did was react to what you of your brother/sisters did. Teah it is silly and childish but again every action has a reaction. If you equate that to dislike for u or your people, heck there is nothing I can do about it. My hands are tied u see.

It hurts people like u when others open topic about your people but when your people open topics about others, it is ok abi !!

heck, every action has a reaction

I have seen your numerous IDs.
You are such a crook.
Re: Rise Up Nigerians And Fight This Corrupt Government - Ifeoma by doctokwus: 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2011
@poster,deliberately or inadvertently,u got d maths way wrong& in this objective u want to achieve,u must b seen to b forthright& honest,less no one will distinguish u frm d govt u want them to oppose who are perceived to b full of deceit,corrupt& chief 'concorter' of figures to suit its aims.
1st,a price of litre of fuel in nigeria is N65=45cents,not $1.64;secondly d govt plans to raise it to N150=95cents,not $3.6.
Am fully against subsidy removal simply bc it wud still line d pockets of d same clique of corrupt people,but u must not distort figures in order to achieve your purpose,it doesn't thus differentiate u frm d people u accuse of being corrupt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update 4-nigeria Unions Suspend Strikes In Fuel Dispute / List Of Suspected Christian Boko Haram Bombers / Eko Atlantic City: A Mammoth New Development On The Coastline Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.