Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair (31457 Views)

Make Sure Another G5 Emerges For APC To Win In 2027, Akpabio Tells Wike (Video) / 2019 Budget: You’re Minority, Resign Now, Akpabio Tells Saraki, Dogara / 'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by dre11(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2023

There was laughter in the Senate on Wednesday when the Senate President Godswill Akpabio told acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr Ola Olukoyede, not to use him a[/b]s an example in anti-corruption fight.

Olukoyede, who appeared before the Senate for screening on Wednesday, had cited Akpabio’s name as an example in his presentation on investigating a graft case but suddenly stopped when he realised the mood of lawmakers in the Chamber.
[b]
“If we are investigating the Senate President for example…” Olukoyede said, prompting lawmakers to burst into laughter.

The laughter became louder when Akpabio told the EFCC nominee not to cite his name as an example in the investigation of a corruption case.

Akpabio said, “I’m very glad that the nominee wants to use the Senate President as an example. But Mr nominee, leave the Senate President for now, look at this direction (pointing at the seats of opposition lawmakers).”

Mr Olukoyede, after the loud laughter, continued his speech without mentioning anyone’s name, saying “If you are fighting corruption, you become the enemy of everybody.”

Akpabio has a N108.1 billion alleged theft of funds case before the anti-graft agency.

The commission commenced investigation of the former Akwa Ibom governor after a petition by an Abuja-based lawyer and activist, Leo Ekpenyong.

The EFCC had detained Akpabio over alleged fraud, but he has consistently maintained innocence.

https://dailytrust.com/anti-corruption-fight-dont-use-me-as-example-akpabio-tells-efcc-chair/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Taylor92: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
Who should they now use

Me?

Did I forfeit $460k in Chicago vault?

226 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by TemplarLandry: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by insidelife22(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2023
Imagine a woman stole three bunches of plantain to be able to feed her family,they flogged her publicly.

Akpabio stole billions In dollars,they made
him Senate President.

239 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Rayban26: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
Akpabio just keeps blowing his nyash open what kind of foolish statements is he making these days?

Nigerians una trouble just dey start oo

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by SoNature(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
Well, now that someone from the South West is heading the EFCC let's see what he has to offer. The former chairmen from the North just reduced it to a commission that chases after Yahoo boys up and down while politicians loot the real money.

16 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Racoon(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
Corruption laughing @ anti - corruption because they are all in the same bed of romance.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by christejames(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
They are all in the same clique undecided

Trying to exonerate himself from the murky waters.

8 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by wittywriter: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
Nigeria is been led by fantastically corrupt politicians.

Racoon:
Corruption laughing @ anti - corruption because they are all in the same bed of romance.

insidelife22:
Imagine a woman stole three bunches of plantain to be able to feed her family,they flogged her publicly.

him Senate President.

Wittyness.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by KillIgbohoN0W: 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
Tinubu is just threatening and reminding him of what will happen if he doesn't rubber stamp.

This man will not complete his full tenure.

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Ladiesdream: 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
Rayban26:
Akpabio just keeps blowing his nyash open what kind of foolish statements is he making these days?

Nigerians una trouble just dey start oo
This fools never get over Akpabios emergence if the thing still vex you , you're free to commit suicide

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by MadamExcellency: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
Godswill Akpabio is the most jovial politician in Nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by mariovito(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
The young Africans them get two ears for head
Them get two eyes too
*Yeah!*
Them dey see the thing wey dey happen
Them dey hear am too
*Yeah!*
Few people dey fat with big money
And the rest dey hungry
*Yeah!*
Me Fela, I challenge Akpabio
Na wayo him dey all the time
*Yeah!*
Make him carry me go any court
I go open book for am
*Yeah!*
Na wayo government we dey o
E gba mi o
Na weak government we dey o
Ye paripa o
Na paddy paddy government we dey
E gba mi o

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by 4tomandchi: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Nigeria na cruise!!!

"They don't really care about us" MJ 😭

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by wiseone28: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
He should use Tinubu and Shetima first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by damble: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
This Akpabio is not matured at all...

5 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Austineva(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Zoo Republic 😂😂😂
Zoo is an irredeemable criminal co.untry
Everybody inside are criminals and certificate forgers😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by tesppidd: 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
Only in Nigeria,, would people find such a disturbing disgraceful incident funny.

105 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by magabounce(m): 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
Baba don de sound warning grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by potent5(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
Corrupt politicians hiding in the senate.
Off your mic honorable minister... Let me explain... she... she. grin

5 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by ShenTeh(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
Taylor92:
Who should they now use

Me?

Don't worry, it wasn't you, it was your account.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by socialmediaman: 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
Taylor92:
Who should they now use

Me?

Lol, the wittiness in your comments

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Foodhub2023: 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
insidelife22:

him Senate President.
I was moved to tears when i saw it yesterday. It is the reality of things people are going through.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by Way4orward: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
Interesting
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by bonnyhope: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
Until i see the video, I will not believe
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair by BigYash: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
insidelife22:

him Senate President.
Inside life o... Na your name sef grin

Criminals are leaders in Nigeria..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wives Of APC Governors At National Women Conference (photos) / Muslims Who Shout ‘Allahu Akbar’ Before Killing Innocent Are Insane - Osinbajo / Sanwo-Olu: As A Father & Brother, I Am Touched By Your Infirmities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.