Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. (4100 Views)

Ondo LGA Election Updates & Results / OLD / Rivers State Lga Chairman Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by daphil: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2011
Lagos State held her LGAs election last Saturday, 22nd October, 2011. kindly give you opinion about it and how it went in your area. Who won in your area?
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by daphil: 8:13am On Oct 24, 2011
Is it tue that lagosians are loosing confidence in the ACN-led government in Lagos State as been carried by few news prinst?
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Gentlesoul1(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2011
It's only in the imagination of those printing medias writing rubbish that Lagosians are losing interest in ACN. The election results have been announced and ACN has clear lead in all the local governments
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by daphil: 11:12am On Oct 24, 2011
@ Gentle soul, thanks for the info. Of I'm awared that acn is leading but I want us to be more explicit. Which LGs have they won and what happened in your area during the election.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2011
Gentle soul:

It's only in the imagination of those printing medias writing rubbish that Lagosians are losing interest in ACN. The election results have been announced and ACN has clear lead in all the local governments

Really, The only media house confirming your claims is TV Continental. as of 3AM this morning heavily armed men stormed the ETI-OSA Council demanding to carry away the Ballot Boxes.

LASIEC have not announced any results for your kind information. Only TV Continental continues to broadcast results that have not been counted and winners declared. It is unfortunate that people live/feed/die on deception. 8 years after and all inner roads in Ikoyi have not been fixed, yet Wale Adeniji feels he must be re-elected to continue in non-performance. It is time we put aside our Party differences and tell the truth to save the masses on whose Goodwill our corrupt leaders live.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by daphil: 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
@Lagerwhenindoubt, are you serious about the info you gave above. But IRead it inside the Nation Newspaper this morning that acn is comfortably leading so far.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by daphil: 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2011
I'm in total support of lagerwhenindoubt comment above. Sincerely acn does not deserved to be voted for at council level in Lagos State. They are worse than pdp. Can you imagine that in Ikorodu, you hardly notice existence of that tier of government. It is really a shame.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Jarus(m): 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
daphil:

I'm in total support of lagerwhenindoubt comment above. Sincerely acn does not deserved to be voted for at council level in Lagos State. They are worse than pdp. Can you imagine that in Ikorodu, you hardly notice existence of that tier of government. It is really a shame.

PDP rules Ikorodu at that tier.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by DrummaBoy(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
Well can some1 give us feel of what things are on ground out there
We hear here in IB that voters turn out was poor
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Beaf: 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
People have seen through ACN and are dissapointed. Voter turnout was very poor, PDP won in some unexpected areas and ACN has been desperately trying to rig. Aregbesola and Tinubu are in full flow at the helm of ACN's rigging.
Those from Osun not convinced about the uselessness of their governor should ask where he was yesterday and where he is today.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by hannie: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
Jarus:

PDP rules Ikorodu at that tier.

who tell u that one? grin
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by daphil: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
With all what is happening, acn is not a better alternative to pdp. They are all the same.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by hercules07: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
PDP has always won in Ikorodu, though according to the results released, ACN swept the polls, the problem with those accusing the ACN is that they did not go out to vote on the day, rather, they sat in front of their keyboards protesting, I can honestly say that the ACN chairmen have not performed at the LGA level, but it is every where in the country.
@daphil

ACN is one million times better than PDP abeg, we in the SW know it, the way the LGs are constituted will not allow them to perform, they are under the dictates of the state governors.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by hannie: 12:50am On Oct 25, 2011
hercules07:

PDP has always won in Ikorodu, though according to the results released, ACN swept the polls, the problem with those accusing the ACN is that they did not go out to vote on the day, rather, they sat in front of their keyboards protesting, I can honestly say that the ACN chairmen have not performed at the LGA level, but it is every where in the country.
@daphil

ACN is one million times better than PDP abeg, we in the SW know it, the way the LGs are constituted will not allow them to perform, they are under the dictates of the state governors.

Talk of only what you know . . .

the only time PDP ever won anything in Ikorodu was an anti-party move to revolt against imposition (House of Reps 2009) . . .the 18 PDP councillors they announced as having won . . .do you really think they are PDP members?

PDP has never been a force to reckon with in Ikorodu . . .
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2011
To Eko_ile, Gbawe, seant - putting asides our political affiliations and perceived or proven bad character of political leaders. I want to ask you a few questions.
1: Did you participate actively or passively in the recent LGA Elections
2: What is your honest (non-biased) opinion of the performance of LASIEC Officials at the polling center you voted
3: ETI-OSA LG results are yet to be counted - LASIEC Officials walked out and have not collated the results till-date, yet Wale Adeniji has been declared the winner with poll results to boot. What is your view on this

I have never been passionately involved in any election than the recent LG elections in my entire political life. I am a card-carrying member of the PDP representing WARD L2. From Saturday till last night I have been returning each day to the Council offices to protect ballot papers that unidentified armed men purportedly from the SSS have tried to take away. Youths from Lagos Island arrived yesterday with machetes and guns, Senator Obanikoro was shot at and injured in the leg (lucky for him), fingers of a PDP member were cut and a representative of the Hausa Community was beaten to unconsciousness.

These events do not fit the picture you passionately paint online (and offline I assume), I was there first hand and the only reason I am grateful this morning is that I made it out alive.

I recognize that you are a long-standing member on NL whose political discussions indicate that you are a man of intellect and passion. I will also wish to implore you and fellow NL members who are active ACN party supporters/members to look at the matter of elections in new light. Positive performance is the most important value an Elected Public Official is Obligated to deliver to the people who voted him into power. I have lived in Ikoyi since 1995, I walked with Tai Solarin, Rioted with Sowore and Malcom Fabiyi in our Aluta days, and Pelted the Police with stones and kerosine-filled bottles trying to unseat Abacha. I was passionate about the NADECO Agenda and Tinubu was my hero-in-exile. It saddens me greatly that we have turned the opportunity to recover a great deal of years stolen by Military Dictatorship and Corrupt leadership. The LG Elections is the Grassroots Empowerment Engine, the real connection between the People and their Leaders at the State Level. I cannot speak for the performance of recently announced Chairmen and Councillor results, but I can say this for Ikoyi/Obalende Constituency, PDP won all Council seats and the Chairmanship fair and scare. I now understand the heart-ache that the cheated feel when injustice is dealt to them. Even if PDP were to go to court, the Lagos State Chief Justice will seemingly forget that ETI-OSA votes for which results were announced by the LASIEC Chairman are still yet to be collated.

Is this the future of elections in Lagos?
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Larrey(f): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2011
I support wat herculeso7 said people sat down at home claiming dat did nt like their chairman instead of dem 2 vote dem out,it happens at bariga cos my church member worked 4 inec nd she said people did nt come out nd d few people dat came out voted 4 Acn.2 say d truth Acn rigged very wel bt i wil talk abt d areas dat i knw of: shomolu,ebutemeta,ikoyi.I like Acn becos of Fashola nt becos of tinubu nd tinubu is spoiling Acn nd lagos 4 fashola,i voted 4 pdp dis time ard becos i did nt lik d Acn councilorship candidate dy gav us in our area nd we did nt allow dem 2 rig wen we heard dat dy were thumbprinting inside 1room,we really corporated in our area nd pdp won d councilorship election in our area.dy also used inside unilag 2 rig wen dy heard dat people were voting 4 pdp councilor at abule oja bt it seems dy slacked in dat area nd acn won.dat does mean dat we lik pdp in our area nd in most places in lagos,we jt voted 4 personality bt tinubu shud watch out so dat pdp wil nt win in nxt election if he's stil imposing candidates.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by lightwall: 11:06am On Oct 25, 2011
Lagos council polls, it was a challenge between Tinubu, other ACN leaders Versus the Lagos Masses. they unilaterally selected those who were there 4 3yrs and did nothing or so little for the people to appreciate. It is very obvious that in their minds they know ACN is finished here, just because they decided to impose Candidate against the wish of the people. Ignoring the LASIEC announced result, ACN rigged everywhere, they all know all the manipulations they made. Most of the ACN candidates were well beaten in their own wards (home). i heard PDP win win Badagry local govt, with evidence, the returning officer announced and signed the green copy, yet LASIEC announced ACN winner, I see Tinubu's case like Gadhafis' they both built a nation they themselves want to destry. ACN may lose Lagos in 2015 Guber election
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by member479760: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2011
Indiana man, 87, nabbed with 228 pounds of cocaine, police say

Sharp was charged with conspiracy and possession with intent to distribute cocaine. If convicted, he faces at least 10 years in prison for 228 pounds.

Baba mero should go big.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2011
i think d summation of d results wasnt really geniune,

but since its all to pdp's disadvantage, then i'm okay with it

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Funkymallam(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
Where r d Eko political gladiators?
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by labiola: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
It is high time we stopped this politically propaganda , honestly ACN has not been perfoming in the Local govt council, the truth is that we dont have party that can contest with them. PDP is not an option in Lagos, for me no member of my household will vote for PDP. The system of non performing by LG is a constitutional problem, where the allocation of LG is being paid to the same account with the state government, whatever the state gives to LG is what they will spend. That is why you see a lot of LG that are non performing because the state goverment is not given then what is due to them. Please note that it is not Lagos state that this evil act is praticable, is all over the country. until our legislature wake up from thier slumbers and seperate LG fund from states govt, there will never be an improvement in our LG.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by iykak47: 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2011
PDP,ACN,LP,DJ,ICC,CPC,APGA,JJC,KFC They are all the same, thats  what the chinese call same same. I expected ACN that claim to be progressive to play by the rule of the game, why must tv continental (owned by Tinubu]announce result that was different from what the returning officer in Badagry Mrs Tokumbo Fatoyinbo announced. This time Lai Muhammed and Joe Igbokwe  wont  be shouting on tv, because their party has done what they always accuse PDP of doing. Any  Naija politician that has the chance to rig wont wont hesitate to seize such opportunity, again i say all political  parties are SAME SAME.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by anonimi: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
labiola:

The system of non performing by LG is a constitutional problem, where the allocation of LG is being paid to the same account with the state government, whatever the state gives to LG is what they will spend. That is why you see a lot of LG that are non performing because the state goverment is not given then what is due to them.

hercules07:

the way the LGs are constituted will not allow them to perform, they are under the dictates of the state governors.

And the governor of Lagos state is not ACN, the neo-progressives
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by anonimi: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2011
The election results, which the LASIEC Chairman, Justice Abdulfatai Adeyinka, (rtd), made public at the Yaba head office of the commission, showed the ACN, the state’s ruling party, won all the 57 chairmanship positions in all LGAs and LCDAs across the state. .

Of the 376 councillorship positions, ACN won 355 seats; People's Democratic Party (PDP) had 18 seats; Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) got 2 and the result of one of the wards was inconclusive, due to a situation, which the chairman said, could not be clearly resolved without a re-run.

from ThisDay
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by feelamong(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
MY TAKE ON THE ELECTIONS,

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by mikeapollo: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2011
We cant just put the blame on the LGAs.

It is a known fact the state governments have hijacked the allocations of the LGAs and they only give to the LGA funds that are justr enough to pay salaries. As a rssult, the Local Govts are incapacitated and their relevance has been usurped by the States.

Therefore, it has become very necessary and also important for the State Govts to now marshall plans and collaboratie with the LGAs to implement programmes and policies that would impact positively on the people at the grassroots, i.e LGAs, this is where the Fashola Govt is a failure. His government has been embarking on elitist projects/programmes to the detriment of the grassroots.
We keep hearing  about roads in highbrow/elitist areas, but the people living in the local/rural areas are totally neglected. Add that to the wanton destruction of poor people's businesses/markets at the slightest opportunity by govt agencies.

It is this disconnect between the State govt and the LGA that is casuing this poor performance and the apparent anger against the ACN in Lagos
During his inauguaration/opening of some housing units a few weeks ago, I heard Fashola criticising those who blame hos govt for not having any housing scheme for the low-level income earners in the society. His response was that his govt would only provide hosuing to the MIDDLE and UPPER strata in the society where is a clear market for hosuing. This a clear indication that his government does not have sympathy for the poor. It is this lack of government presence/ impact in the lives of the rural poor that has led to the present situation. Fashola's govt must have a rethink and touch the lives of the poor, otherwise there would be more disenchantment. The govt has failed to do anything meaningful for the victims of the floods in Ikorodu and other places in recent times

Afterall. we saw how Jakande(and Tinubu to a less extent) impacted people's lives through low cost housing and other masses-friendly policies that benefitted the poor
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by nogames: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2011
ACN should give us just one reason why people of AGBADO OKE ODO LCD should re _elect KENNY. only about 2 or 3 streets were tarred in the whole local government, It is a shame. I stand to be corrected
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by EkoIle1: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
mikeapollo:

It is a known fact the state governments have hijacked the allocations of the LGAs and they only give to the LGA funds that are justr enough to pay salaries. As a rssult, the Local Govts are incapacitated and their relevance has been usurped by the States.

Therefore, it has become very necessary and also important for the State Govts to now marshall plans and collaboratie with the LGAs to implement programmes and policies that would impact positively on the people at the grassroots, i.e LGAs, this is where the Fashola Govt is a failure. His government has been embarking on elitist projects/programmes to the detriment of the grassroots.
We keep hearing  about roads in highbrow/elitist areas, but the people living in the local/rural areas are totally neglected. Add that to the wanton destruction of poor people's businesses/markets at the slightest opportunity by govt agencies.

It is this disconnect between the State govt and the LGA that is casuing this poor performance and the apparent anger against the ACN.
During his inauguaration/opening of some housing units a few weeks ago, I heard Fashola criticising those who blame hos govt for not having any housing scheme for the low-level income earners in the society. His response was that his govt would only provide hosuing to the MIDDLE and UPPER strata in the society where is a clear market for hosuing. This a clear indication that his government does not have sympathy for the poor. It is this lack of government presence/ impact in the lives of the rural poor that has led to the present situation. Fashola's govt must have a rethink and touch the lives of the poor, otherwise there would be more disenchantment.

Afteall. we saw how Jakande(and Tinubu to a less extent) impacted people's lives through low cost housing and other masses-friendly policies that benefitted the poor

Def' a lie and and misrepresentation. Below is what the governor said.

We have come this far because of our clear understanding that there are entrepreneurs in our society who have what we want and that we have what they want.

They want to do legitimate business by building houses to be sold to the middle and upper income strata of our society where there is clear market demand.

We have thus engaged with them to create a partnership where they offered to take credit from banks to finance construction and we offered to provide land, and share the profits from the sale of the houses to be built.

The 72 units of 3 bedroom flats, built on 1.9 hectares of land that we gather to commission today are the visible results of that partnership that all of you can see.

The other results and achievements that are not visible are:

a. The profits made by banks who saw the opportunity for business and lent to the project thereby earning income for their shareholders and keeping their employees at work when other banks were laying off staff;

b. The profit to our partner; Messrs Cortex Limited which enables them to keep 25 (Twenty Five) permanent employees at work and pay their salaries;

c. The sub-contractors who supplied the building materials, the 1,500 (One Thousand Five Hundred) men and women who worked on this site to build these houses and the vendors who sold food, water and many other things here during the construction period of 30 months, to earn a living to put food on the family table.

d. The profit that your Government will make from this partnership that will be invested in the lagos Homs Project to fund the construction of social housing programme.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2011/10/13/20111013N01A.html

He said there is a housing market for middle and upper income strata of our society which is true, there are rich people in Lagos state too and all he's saying is, let's get get in there and make some money for the state too and redirect the state's profits to what he said in (d) about social services.

Lying is evil.
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by nogames: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
So what is our business with that, if those so called Chairmen are dumb folded and pretend as if all is well with the party's policies. then Fashola will continuing to be hero while they will remain objects of redicle and unpopular among their people fools
mikeapollo:

We keep hearing about roads in highbrow/elitist areas, but the people living in the local/rural areas are totally neglected. Add that to the wanton destruction of poor people's businesses/markets at the slightest opportunity by govt agencies.

It is this disconnect between the State govt and the LGA that is casuing this poor performance and the apparent anger against the ACN in Lagos
During his inauguaration/opening of some housing units a few weeks ago, I heard Fashola criticising those who blame hos govt for not having any housing scheme for the low-level income earners in the society. His response was that his govt would only provide hosuing to the MIDDLE and UPPER strata in the society where is a clear market for hosuing. This a clear indication that his government does not have sympathy for the poor. It is this lack of government presence/ impact in the lives of the rural poor that has led to the present situation. Fashola's govt must have a rethink and touch the lives of the poor, otherwise there would be more disenchantment. The govt has failed to do anything meaningful for the victims of the floods in Ikorodu and other places in recent times

Afterall. we saw how Jakande(and Tinubu to a less extent) impacted people's lives through low cost housing and other masses-friendly policies that benefitted the poor
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by ngozianu(m): 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
It is nothing but a jamboree for hand-picked and selected pack of incompetent and impotent morons and bootlickers of Asiwaju
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by Xfactoria: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
fraud! fraud!! fraud!!!
Re: What Is Your Take About Last Lagos State Lga Election. by anonimi: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Def' a lie and and misrepresentation. Below is what the governor said.

He said there is a housing market for middle and upper income strata of our society which is true, there are rich people in Lagos state too and all he's saying is, let's get get in there and make some money for the state too and redirect the state's profits to what he said in (d) about social services.

Lying is evil.

So how many housing projects for the middle and uppper class and how many for the lower class and at what cost in each case?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes Lagos A Model City - Newyork Times / The Horrendous PTF Fraud: How N25 Billion Was Stolen Under Buhari. / BREAKING NEWS: APC Files A Suit Against Mayweather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.