Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors (24853 Views)

Imo: NLC Vows To Go Ahead With Strike, Despite Court Order / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by dre11(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has cautioned resident doctors in Abuja against threatening to embark on industrial action.

Wike said he would not pay doctors who embark on strike while he’s a minister, adding that he’s ready to contend with them in court.

Addressing resident doctors, Wike said he would make more money when they embark on industrial action.

Make your recommendations, and we will see the ones we can do and those we can’t do. Don’t threaten me with a strike because I don’t like it. When you go on strike, I save money; even if you come back, I won’t pay; we will determine it in court.

“It’s not about promises but the reality on ground, I don’t believe in theory,” Wike said.

Recently, the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors, NARD, have been on-and-off industrial actions due to the Federal Government’s failure to meet its demands.

The doctors’ demands, among many others, include the immediate payment of the 2023 Medical Residency Training Fund (MRTF), tangible steps on the “upward review” of the Consolidated Medical Salary Structure (CONMESS), and payment of all salary arrears owed its members since 2015.

The doctors also want the immediate massive recruitment of clinical staff in the hospitals and the abolishment of the bureaucratic limitations to the immediate replacement of doctors and nurses who leave the system.

They also want the immediate review of hazard allowance by all the state governments as well as private tertiary health institutions where any form of residency training is done.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/19/dont-threaten-me-with-strike-i-wont-pay-when-you-resume-wike-warns-doctors/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by LeoDeKing: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wike doing his things his own way regardless of the social media noise by handle mops.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by culeca: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
This man seff

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Ikaeniyan0: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Table your grievances, all the past strikes didn't make our government organizations function properly. A lot of people who work in public organizations in Nigeria love going on strike and most of them don't even work diligently.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by sholikay(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wike the indaboski...the liquid metal....the fight..😃😃😂😂😂

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by GanagiBitrus: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Doctors will be like...
Don't threaten us with No Work, no Pay.

12 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by ogmask: 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Day never break yet for where wike dey. He think say Na everybody he fit bully. E go do dis gragra reach where dem go change am for am Na that time he go know say khaki nor be leather.
Strike or industrial action is a fundamental part of employee and employer relationships all over the world. To do otherwise is called suppression and coercion. A good leader negotiates while a bad leader instills fear through threats and in some cases, witchhunts union leaders.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Pakute: 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
This Government will never tolerate strike from any quarters. God bless the day Wike was born.
God bless the Government of Jagaban.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by fkelly(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
All these at the expense of common man. It is on record that when two elephants are fighting it is the grass that suffers most, when he refuses to pay and the doctors refuse to work who is going to suffer most is it not the patient in the hospital.

dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/19/dont-threaten-me-with-strike-i-wont-pay-when-you-resume-wike-warns-doctors/

Nlfpmod

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Isobug: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
Overdoing will land this man in a very big problem he will seek for common men help. Always claiming rugged.
The issues of Medical Doctors are handled with desperate equanimity because of the sensitivity of the kind of job they do, you don't misyan when dealing with issues that pertains to human life

32 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Kyase(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
Isobug:
Overdoing will land this man in a very big problem he will seek for common men help. Always claiming rugged.
The issues of Medical Doctors are handled with desperate equanimity because of the sensitivity of the kind of job they do, you don't misyan when dealing with issues that pertains to human life

Over doing what..
Let them go on strike, let's see how it ends

ASUU members are seriously regretting it now

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Ikaeniyan0: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
ogmask:
Day never break yet for where wike dey. He think say Na everybody he fit bully. E go do dis gragra reach where dem go change am for am Na that time he go know say khaki nor be leather.
Strike or industrial action is a fundamental part of employee and employer relationships all over the world. To do otherwise is called suppression and coercion. A good leader negotiates while a bad leader instills fear through threats and in some cases, witchhunts union leaders.
Let them table their grievances before Wike, they should all look at ways they can work things out instead of going on strike. If they go on strike, they won't be paid like ASUU, and heaven won't fall.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by kokoA(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
Like him or hate him the man is always honest and practical in handling issues. We can see how he handled FCT civil servants union, he said they kept writing letters to him when he assumed office to meet with him but he deliberately refused to grant them audience because he knows their demands already, he took his time went to the villa and tabled the issue before Mr. President and the big man graciously granted their wish to have an FCT civil service commission. In his words "is it coming to see my face that you want or you want results?". Mind you this is an issue they've had countless meetings with past ministers in the past.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by gebest: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2023
Is Wike normal at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Gajagojo: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kyase:

Over doing what..
Let them go on strike, let's see how it ends

ASUU members are seriously regretting it now
Doctors ultimately go on Japa

Wike is making all this noise because his family do not use hospitals in Nigeria
doctors have a choice they can leave and they are leaving
not only doctors but nurses
The problem is what that means is only the low quality ones stay and those that they train are of even lower quality doing surgery the way it was done in the 1960s
In any given class of 100 medical graduates in Nigeria , within 10 years less than 70% are left in the country. most are leaving
So those left cannot be of good quality
What we have are those who return after training in places like Ukraine and Azerbaijan
That is why someone as rich as Mohbad cannot access a quality doctor what then for ordinary Nigerians

Doctors matter is not gragra

This started under Buhari as military Head of state in 1984 he sent soldiers to evict doctors by force from official quarters

Since that time Nigerian doctors know they will not practice in Nigeria. They are just getting cheap training

Who is the winner

17 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by DMerciful(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
You go mumu tey
LeoDeKing:
Wike doing his things his own way regardless of the social media noise by handle mops.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Waqes900: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sell the country, share the money to everyone
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by RingRoadMafia: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
grin Wike go reach everybody, make agbado miscreants no worry grin
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by spy24(m): 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
You see Wike ?

That man is a blessing and an asset to Nigeria at this present time.....

If half of our leaders from army to police to the presidency are like him, I give you 3 years Nigeria go better by fire by force

The man is fearless in the right way

Not them yahaya bello kind of fearlessness. Always straight to the point

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Adjovi: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
What do you expect. How many of them use hospital's in Nigeria? Despite the huge budgets for the Aso villa hospital, still Buhari was traveling out of the country for ordinary ear pain and Mr druginus is doing the same. So the strike won't work, it is only the poor that will suffer it as usual.

Daily reminder. If you voted for Buhari for his 2 terms and then you also voted for Tinubu or you're supporting Tinubu, ko ni yeee lagbara Olorun.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by gasparpisciotta: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sometimes you cure madness with madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by BOSSkesh(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
The slayer of ipob
Wike the wicked

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Angelfrost(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Well, he does make some sense up there...!

The minister just resumed work, have a sit down with him and find ways to iron out your demands before singing the strike song.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Johncida857: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Good Day guys

No playing If you don’t love free money then skip this, but if you need urgent money for bills not much then read below

Screenshot below no playing

Even if some of you have received the money and still did not send me my share I won’t stop helping and I appreciate those that reach out and send me part of the money, if I have any more updates I will let you know

For those that have not yet heard about it or don’t know how to receive their own read below

Palmpay Nigeria Support Fund Campaign Just Started and they are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user l can benefit too by using another phone number to register as a new user and collect the reward too,.

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

When you receive the 20,000 you will send me 5k out of it for showing you this update so when I find another one I will be happy to post it here

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot…. Once you receive the money and you want to send me my own share as appreciation then send it to this account

OPay 8.1.8.1.5.5.3.4.7

Click below Facebook post link

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid02SKgGwPD7zdqqUCmgLHewBAgDzQB7K8znJT9hwdQpybBDsS5aajLjMUE38EL2wysHl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Leeok5: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
lol
Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by izubext007: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Why I like wike be say him get mind of his own.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by adecz: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
All these politicians and appointees
don't give a fkuc about doctor's strikes
or closing down hospital services for the
public.

They & family shamelessly fly abroad for
ordinary malaria treatment and are prepared
to ignore doctors for 2 years strike while
citizens die off.

ASUU went on strike for almost One
year and Buhari and the dwarf Ngige
were just watching them. During the
same period, Ngige attended his daughter's
convocation in England🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

1 Like

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Menclothing: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
He is just a practical man
We need leaders like this most workers are greedy you won’t to go on strike and get paid for work not done how

Table what you want let the state pay what the purse can afford if you done like it then you contend. In court and change ur leader in next election

Strike don’t bring anything meaningful In Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by Nolevel666: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
sholikay:
Wike the indaboski...the liquid metal....the fight..😃😃😂😂😂

Who is laughing with this one

Come to the hospital where i work and see how scarce doctors are

But anyways, what do i know

Mediocrity is the richest nutrient in your daily diet

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Threaten Me With Strike, I Won’t Pay When You Resume – Wike Warns Doctors by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2023
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#wakawakabuhari Trending On Twitter (tweets) / Aliyu Akwe-Doma Is Dead / Women Block Jos-abuja Federal Highway To Protest Over Killings In Their Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.