Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

The Lord God Is Truly Merciful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord God Is Truly Merciful (653 Views)

Thus Saith The LORD God;There Shall Be Another Bomb Blast In Abuja Prophet Olaye / Urgent Message From The Lord God Almight - Coming Mega Tsunami! / The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord God Is Truly Merciful by HISchild: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2011
That The Lord GOD, in The Person of our Lord JESUS CHRIST, would suffer, die and gloriously rise again in order to save even one very undeserving human being /sinner, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” - Rom 3:23   (of whom i humbly claim to be “chief”- 1 Tim 1:15), is nothing short of astounding.  GOD’s Self sacrifice, (John 10:17-18), substantively points to HIS great  and awesome Name, as well as a significant part of His nature, WONDERFUL (Isaiah 9:6, Psa 72:18, Psa 86:10,), meaning miracle and/or marvelous thing and/or surprise. (Psa 118:21-23)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16 

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” – 2 Cor 8:9 

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” – 2 Cor 5:21 

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:” - Gal 3:13 

Thus the Lord commands us to forgive one another even as HE did many (Eph 4:32);
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” – Matt 5:45 

The Lord GOD is also a just GOD, executing judgment (Psa 97:2);
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” - Jud 1:14-15 

The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.” – Num 14:18 

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” – Isaiah 55:7 

(“Not of works, lest any man should boast.” – Eph 2:9 , Gal 2:16, Gal 3:10, Bosom 3:5)

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” – Rom 9:15

===
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;” - Deu 7:9, (Deu 5:10)

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.” - 1 Chr 16:34

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” - 1 Pet 1:3

For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.” – Psalm 57:10

(1) (Reply)

The Preacher Man’s Sin / Nigerian Church Praised For Doing Charity In The Usa / Pray For Me, Jonathan Begs Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.