Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,089 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? (7801 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For A Candidate To Ask Questions (s) During An Interview? / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? / 8 Reasons To Reject A Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by subcbouy: 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2023
Absolutely yeah. I have been a victim of this nonsense. The recruiter called me and said that because of my location, I should neglect the earlier email.

1 Like

Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by Meerahbel: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2023
Fab21:

Exactly.

Most job seekers can't even afford cab fare for the interviews.

It's not easy.
shocked for someone looking for a job?
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by Meerahbel: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2023
subcbouy:
Absolutely yeah. I have been a victim of this nonsense. The recruiter called me and said that because of my location, I should neglect the earlier email.
Absolute nonesense
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by Meerahbel: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2023
osazsky:
kia they dodged a bullet cuz most igbos I have met are dishonnest and cheats.thank God for the company o..just imagine
Take your tribal bigotry else where.
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by ONNYX: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2023
tugbala11:
yessooo

As an employer of Labour myself with an office in Surulere, once i saw your CV stating locations in Ipaja, Ikorodu, Abule Egba, Iyana Ipaja, Alagbado, Ajah, Akowonjo, Ojo, Ikotun, Mile 12, Ojodu Berger/Alagbole and other distant locations, you will never be called for interview because once you get started with work after the initial gragra and desperation to work, natural occurrence associated with coming and going from long distance will surely occur as we are human excpet you state that you have place(s)you can relocate or stay that would be close r to the office inside your CV or body of applications.

Most Nigerian youths dont think proactively in that line and see critical reasons why they are not getting enough or quality interview oppurtunities

What we experience as applicants/ organisational staff in this Lagos especially is Absolutely NOT ideal or normal. How can you be staying in Ipaja/Ayobo and go work everyday in Ajah? by time you do such for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years, how you expect to remain the same and not grow old prematurely? Thats absolutely insane! But some see it as normal. Some employers dont care wherever you will be coming from. Just ensure you get to work at assigned time

With me, good staff benefits, welfare and vibrancy matter in order for you to be productive

But to make, man/woman must survive!

This post exudes balance. Kudos Sir. You captured this very well. With the soaring costs in transportation you actually get better value when you live as close as possible to where you work. There is no science in the matter. The only problem we have now is that people don't do any analysis anymore. All they ask is " what is the offer?"
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by IyaTola: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2023
wink
vickydevoka:

In de UK , location is important than knowledge. Unless you are ready to relocate
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by IyaTola: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2023
JoshTim:

Yes. Even for this lagos wey we dey. Some companies on the island will not consider your application if you are staying on the mainland. Them plenty
Yet the house rent in the island 🏝️ is way over the roof.
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by Fab21: 10:25am On Oct 21, 2023
Meerahbel:
shocked for someone looking for a job?

grin grin.

It's not funny ooo.

Job searching is a job on its own...

2 Likes

Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by Meerahbel: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2023
Fab21:

grin grin.

It's not funny ooo.

Job searching is a job on its own...
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by cuffee: 10:45am On Oct 27, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
THE FIRST CRITERIAL IN HIRING A QULAIFIED STAFF IS JOB EXPEREINCE, SHEN, THE NEXT IS LOCATION.

IF YOU GET ALL REQUIREMENT AND STAY IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION, MOST ORGANIZATION WONT EVEN MIND CALLING YOU BACK. REASON WHY MOST ORGANIZATION WILL WRITE IT BOLD IN THEIR ADVERT" ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENT IN ISLAND OR MAINLAND"

I HAVE SEEN A VERY CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE LOST A VERY GOOD JOB OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE OF LOCATION. HE STAYS IN A NEARBY STATE, I ADVISED HIM TO EDIT HIS CV THEN PUT MY HOUSE ADDRESS IN SURULERE IN HIS CV AS HIS PLACE OF RESIDENCE BEFORE GOING FOR THE INTERVIEW.

WHEN HE GOT THERE, THE FIRST THING THEY SIGHTED IN HIS CV WAS, "YOU STAY OUTSIDE LAGOS" WE A CAN COPE WITH THIS JOB IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH US. BY THE T
does job experience really matter in nigeria with the way people land jobs thru connections? Go to banks and offices, some ladies and guys know nothing yet they get job easily thru hook or crook
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by IyaTola: 12:39am On Oct 29, 2023
cuffee:
does job experience really matter in nigeria with the way people land jobs thru connections? Go to banks and offices, some ladies and guys know nothing yet they get job easily thru hook or crook
Oga! Are you sure of what you saying?
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by cuffee: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
IyaTola:
Oga! Are you sure of what you saying?
see JJC
Re: Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? by IyaTola: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
undecided
cuffee:
see JJC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Nigerian Job Vacancies / Fcmb Recruiting Graduate Trainees / Federal University, Oye Ekiti Recruitment Update!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.