Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion (1963 Views)

Ooni Asks Atiku, Obi Supporters To Embrace Tinubu's Government. / South-East Should Align With Tinubu’s Government For Largesse- Chimaroke Nnamani / Man Destroying Buhari's Campaign Posters Arrested In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by CodeTemplar: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

You really don't want to know how Buhari and Emefiele were managing the crashing naira value.

Most of the time, it was by BORROWING. cheesy. Now we are reaping the borrowing effect.

Does not make Tinubu better though. He helped bring Buhari. cheesy

You want a strong naira on the back of an economy that exports one thing and one thing alone? Tell me another story. cheesy
@last paragraph, who says currency cannot be strong if one major export is embraced. It was before and can be again, but we are better off diversifying.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
How can we get naira back to 700 that Buhari left it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Kukutente23: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

You really don't want to know how Buhari and Emefiele were managing the crashing naira value.

Most of the time, it was by BORROWING. cheesy. Now we are reaping the borrowing effect.

Does not make Tinubu better though. He helped bring Buhari. cheesy

You want a strong naira on the back of an economy that exports one thing and one thing alone? Tell me another story. cheesy
Saudi exports only oil and still has a strong currency
Oh I forgot, they produce more oil and have less population. My bad wink
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Kukutente23: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, because Nigerian economy is reliant on JUST OIL...and when the oil price crashes, we borrow to stay up, and when it rises, we pay off our loans, and then borrow more to replace the revenue iused to pay off the loans we borrowed cheesy

Every Nigerian leader has done it. That is why since I was born, our economy has always been in crisis.

Want to be free of the crisis? It involves hard choices that if I mention it here, people will abuse me, so make them enjoy APCPDP. Power for change! cheesy

Tinubu or is it Thivbu is borrowing because the alternatives are total removal of subsidy, and fuel selling above N1200 and extreme tax measures, and removal of subsidy on power, with the DISCOS setting price, and massive floating of the naira, so much so that naira reaches N2000 per dollar...but he wants to do partial, and partial because the full thing means...HARDSHIP

Every Nigerian leader has known the above...but they all wanted to be elected.... cheesy
So..... according to your textbook of economics which you've read since the 90s, the only way to improve the economy is through hardship.
That really sounds smart
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kukutente23:

Our large population yet senate is Sharing prayers in their email
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hakeem66:
Don't mind his daft supporters. With the amount of money Lagos is generating from revenue, a governor who's half corrupt would have transformed Lagos to Joburg.
True

But he didn't build Lagos
Fadhola did
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Sangoamadioha1: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice2023:
If truly Buhari has a legacy to be guarded and guided then, we have with us the worst president ever in our history.

I dey laugh una.

Buahri has no educational background...he became a general by a quota system...that is according to Elrufai.
That is Buhari was the only general in Nigeria history without [/b]military insignia.[b]

For Emilokan,we are sure his academic qualifications are at variance with expectations in the society. Therefore,these two figure heads can't and would never better the economy.

It takes a man or woman of education to address the economy and not these two conk heads.

Finally,the only achievement expected of this new president is to take Nigeria back to where Buhari left us because everything has dabaru

Which one be military insignia again
Talk wetin you know and stop embarrassing yourself😒
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Kukutente23: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Dear OP, what are you producing to help bring in the forex or help reduce the outflow of the forex? That's the question we need to ask each of ourselves.

Asiwaju Tinubu will not use borrowed or hard earned money to defend the naira against the us dollar that unpatriotic people are speculating on to store inside their mattresses. If you join them to keep overvaluing the us dollars, you will get burnt severely las las. Check my signature for free stuffs!
You what are you producing apart from your moribund free stuffs that's more of a scam
Try to practice what you preach

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
All that "built Lagos" was wash wash

Abi cement don finish
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Kukutente23: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

Kuwait has 6 million people, Jordan has about 11 million, Oman has about 4 million, UAE has 13 million people

Nigeria has....220 million people.

Apart from corruption, where is the money we go invest for tomorrow? All the above nations produce more oil than we do.

The money we earn is not enough. At the end, we have to borrow.

And even now, oil is still 80% of government revenues (70% accroding to World Bank).

Yes, and we are even still recovering the Abacha loot up till now.

BUT even if we got back all the loot.....it would equal to our GDP . It might help...till the money runs out.

Nigeria has to DIVERSIFY ITS ECONOMY. Oil is not a good source of revenue for us. The price dey jump up and down.

Just to show you how broke we are...Nigeria saved 60 billion dollars in its reserve as at 2010, Saudi had 70 times that in its reserve in 2014. Saudi has 40 million and produces ten times more crude than we do. More money to save.
Only that there are countries who don't have a major forex earner and they are doing well.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
This drastic yet continous Naira fall is embarrassing embarassed
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
When is his daughter going to address Nigeria on this dollar issue?
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Naira heading to 5k per dollar at the ongoing rate of fall - Nl boss warns
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by FreeStuffsNG: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kukutente23:

You what are you producing apart from your moribund free stuffs that's more of a scam
Try to practice what you preach
You know I don't reply cyberbullies and criminal defamers like you. I just report you to mods and help you create enough digital footprints to help those doing discreet background checks on you know that you are a cyberbully who cowardly hide behind monikers to criminally defame innocent people online.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by RingRoadMafia: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Dear OP, what are you producing to help bring in the forex or help reduce the outflow of the forex? That's the question we need to ask each of ourselves.

Asiwaju Tinubu will not use borrowed or hard earned money to defend the naira against the us dollar that unpatriotic people are speculating on to store inside their mattresses. If you join them to keep overvaluing the us dollars, you will get burnt severely las las. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Haha! Sukanmi Vaughan, you go explain taya, nor worry. You go explain this economics to men face to face.

The explanation doesn't make sense
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by RingRoadMafia: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
kk2027:

The explanation doesn't make sense

Leave am, e go turn teacher.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
And senate dey share prayer inside email
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Leave am, e go turn teacher.

The explanation tie wrapper come wear gele join yet making no sense whatsoever cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
Who did Nigeria offend like this?
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Bintabisiriyu2: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
kk2027:
Someone that can go to business center to print certificate is who you're expecting to turn your life around

I dey laugh

Bros no kee me abeg
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by kk2027: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bring back Buhari
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by RingRoadMafia: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
my.nd44 nlfpm.od

You have nothing to fear, bro. I don comot am, you seff comot am.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Kukutente23: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You know I don't reply cyberbullies and criminal defamers like you. I just report you to mods and help you create enough digital footprints to help those doing discreet background checks on you know that you are a cyberbully who cowardly hide behind monikers to criminally defame innocent people online.
Lol. What a wuss
Silly empty threats
Just say what you're producing
Nobody wants to hear your boring, empty sermon
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Ttalk: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kukutente23:

So..... according to your textbook of economics which you've read since the 90s, the only way to improve the economy is through hardship.
That really sounds smart

Don't just jump to discussion listen and read through so you won't sound daft
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Nice2023(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

Kuwait has 6 million people, Jordan has about 11 million, Oman has about 4 million, UAE has 13 million people

Nigeria has....220 million people.

Apart from corruption, where is the money we go invest for tomorrow? All the above nations produce more oil than we do.

The money we earn is not enough. At the end, we have to borrow.

And even now, oil is still 80% of government revenues (70% accroding to World Bank).

Yes, and we are even still recovering the Abacha loot up till now.

BUT even if we got back all the loot.....it would equal to our GDP . It might help...till the money runs out.

Nigeria has to DIVERSIFY ITS ECONOMY. Oil is not a good source of revenue for us. The price dey jump up and down.

Just to show you how broke we are...Nigeria saved 60 billion dollars in its reserve as at 2010, Saudi had 70 times that in its reserve in 2014. Saudi has 40 million and produces ten times more crude than we do. More money to save.

It is not about the population. After all equatorial has a population of less than 2million with huge oil Wells and still very poor,if not among the poorest in Africa.

Soa Tome and principe has one of the tiniest population in Africa with less than a million people,yet they are seriously poor.

Solution is,invest the proceed of ur oil and u will take ur population out of poverty just like Norway has done.

Norway invested so much billions in their sovereign wealth fund which no country on earth has ever done since the nineties. Currently,Norway sovereign wealth fund has gained just 149billion dollars just in one year.

That is the power of investing ur proceeds from what u produce.

Additionally,if Norway was to share the money in its investments abroad,each citizen would get 250,000 dollars as their share.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by nairalanda1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
CodeTemplar:
@last paragraph, who says currency cannot be strong if one major export is embraced. It was before and can be again, but we are better off diversifying.

We are better off diversifying.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Nice2023(m): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

U know go school like ur emilokan...how would u understand.

The problem with u Illiterate Nigerians is that,u guys will never do a research or search out something yet,u will condemn what u don't know.

Keep fooling yourself. I still read and learn from people here.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice2023:

It is not about the population. After all equatorial has a population of less than 2million with huge oil Wells and still very poor,if not among the poorest in Africa.

Soa Tome and principe has one of the tiniest population in Africa with less than a million people,yet they are seriously poor.

Solution is,invest the proceed of ur oil and u will take ur population out of poverty just like Norway has done.

Norway invested so much billions in their sovereign wealth fund which no country on earth has ever done since the nineties. Currently,Norway sovereign wealth fund has gained just 149billion dollars just in one year.

That is the power of investing ur proceeds from what u produce.

Additionally,if Norway was to share the money in its investments abroad,each citizen would get 250,000 dollars as their share.

The thing is we don't have enough money to invest in nada.

Only way forward is diversification and industrialization.
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by OneCandleAway(f): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kukutente23:

We also produce more oil than claimed but its stolen. If not we should earn more than we do. All the stolen oil news we hear about, ship full of crude stolen. Even mineral resources stolen. Honestly we probably need a strong caucasian of Asian race to rule us because greed will not let the black African get it right
Re: Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion by Nice2023(m): 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bank Debtors Ban From Travelling / Qaddafi Is A Mad Man - Sen. David Mark / The Unofficial Black History Month Thread (Incorporating Facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.