Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g (21318 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by KiNg0G: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2023
It's a regrettable tendency for musicians to believe they will stay at the top forever. So they do whatever they can to stay there, being selfish towards young and upcoming musicians with no ladder to trace to them. I'm capable of naming a few names, but unfortunately, that's not what we're discussing.

I have here the top 5 nigeria musicians who accepts reality that no one stays at the top forever and they try the best they can to help striving artist into the entertainment industry with little or no monetization gain unlike some of your favorite brands who are leeches in disguise of labels owner and Godfathers.

I repeat the top 5 countdown Nigerian musicians who assisted without having to sign any papers. They did the favor out of their own freewill....>>>>SELFLESSNESS

here we go!!!

5) ERIGGA

Although he has been underrated for several years, the King of the South is still doing his part in the little ways he can. Several albums and EPs have been released by him in recent years, and he has always showcased upcoming artists.

upcoming artist you've never heard before, he promotes them through his album I can see, mostly all they do is drop hooks, chorus and he does his rap and you and I know it's always about catchy choruses and you are like who this and Viola You be on google to know the name of the artist.. unlike most of this musician that focuses on ft big names only.. you send dm if you are not known your on a long thing.... he also introduced victor Ad into the mainstream I must say and I doubt if they are any signatures to this.

4) D_PRINCE

I know this might be controversial with people claiming he had rugger on paperwork but hold on let me give you some facts on while he made it and his big bro didn't. DPrince is one of those musicians who don't have that mindset, " I want to be the best" he just came to get in the spotlight with his brand and relaxed for the upcomings to carry on.

Dude is what we call a selfless helper. He is one of those who helped Wizkid early on in his career, which has led to his current status. (Kudos to wande coal too), is it also easy for someone to discover one of the hottest Afrobeat musicians claiming awards here and there internationally even though he handed it over to is brother for monetization? Dude is selfless I must say, it's not easy for a legend in the game to have good thoughts for upcomings striving and wants their greatness. DPrince has payed his dues, I mean, take a look at some of your known legends who were there before him, and list one artist success that can be traced to them. Despite this, they continue to refer to them as a legend (lol)

3) DAVIDO

apart from his several philanthropy work davido has every right to be on my list even as a record label owner. Now here are some facts you need to know: He doesn't necessarily need to sign any upcoming artist. He has a strategy that most American artists use, including Drake and others.

I am going to term it FREE PUBLICITY

This is a case where they jump on an upcoming artist's song because they see and observe that it might just be the new wave in town and as an old wave it's always necessary to remain relevant in the game no matter what. So they give the artist free promotion and introduction to the mainstream, which could be beneficial to the artist and can also lead to his downfall.

it's more like here's the ladder, can you climb up?

or

A room with candle light, and suddenly phcn brought the light on. ( Candle won't be noticed)

This is an illustration left for you to think and understand, but still this tactic has helped so many people made it to the top but some also flopped. it's all on the upcoming artist your work, concentration and inputs.

(example victor AD a deemed light)

This old waves also gain from this because it helps them to stay relevant if it becomes a
huge success.

2) OLAMIDE

The agbalagba of the nigeria music industry, if you like call him local he remains the Godfather, the true godfather who hardly signs, who hardly put pen into paper and when he does it's a hit but also wants the greatness of other's in irrespective of where you are from. badoo as he is fondly call is the definition of selflessness if it was a nigeria word.

The voice of the street, while his mate people he started with were striving and still wanting to be the number one fighting for grammies, Dude sat back, came with a plan and said you all can have it. I am not about that. no top nigeria musicians has done features, favours, with upcoming artist than olamide and most. No signatures involved. how many upcoming artist has he brought to limelight? bella shurmda, zlantan ibile, portable should I go on? dude supports all the time without necessarily expecting a reward.

that's a legend... that's the true definition of a legend, so many artist success can be traced to him and he still does more.

1) TIMAYA

The egberipapa one of Bayelsa has every right to be on the number one spot. It's not easy to be in the game close to 2 decades and still have upcoming in your heart. TIMAYA is an artist who does his thing, respect him self and help voluntarily without coming out to tell the public this is what I did...(no need for town crier)

I watched a video of runtown yesterday, an old video I believed first time seeing it and he said TIMAYA put him on the spotlight, tutored him at the early stage of his career. without TIMAYA he won't have been what he is today. he stayed and record at TIMAYA house for more than a year.. now tell me if that's an easy thing to do? to have an A list give you accolades, something majority of people don't even know about... same thing SKALES also said when he left eme, he was depressed but TIMAYA took him in for some time before he was able to stand on his feet again.

TIMAYA made my top one because he didn't have to give them deals, he didn't have to feed from them, he just did those good deeds selflessly with no one knowing. So many A list artist today can be traced to him with likes of Pato ranking and the rest. Respect egbon.

Note: If your favourite isn't here please don't blame me..the world watches and this are my personal opinions. Your fav could be in my top 50 or might not be there at all.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by KiNg0G: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by PYTHONTUTOR1(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2023
Okay
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by nowaysconfig: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by christejames(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2023
Somewhat correct, can't agree less...

Although Portable should have made the list.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by wunmi590(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2023

Where is Portable and youngi duuu on the list? shocked tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by gentposh: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2023
Where is Charlie boy

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Jestin: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2023
Davido should top the list then followed by Olamide

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Sermwell(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2023
Remove Timaya from that list now!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Nairalander248: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2023
I don't know musician
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by NwaliE01: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2023
Can we flip the table please? 5 most selfish musicians in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by KnowledgePower7: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2023
Ok
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by benuejosh: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2023
2baba remains the most selfless.

Argue with your keypad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by aikyg(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2023
Okay.
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Pidginwhisper: 10:26am On Oct 20, 2023
Because dem dey do am for Camera? There are some that are selfless that just don’t deem it exciting to be open about it, because they didn’t see it as big deal

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by geoworldedu: 10:26am On Oct 20, 2023
This is incomplete without my name on the list. Is it because I am not popular?
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by BankyGee(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2023
christejames:
Somewhat correct, can't agree less...

Although Portable should have made the list.

Dunno if you're being sarcastic, but it's true.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by flexyrule(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2023
Davido... Should be number 1.

As much as the guy too dey sing crap, con use publicity force albums and songs on us, when it comes to giving... That bro is a cheerful, happy and open-handed giver.
His heart is white like his teeth.
And he gives effortlessly.

Shout out of OBO!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by TelAvivour: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2023
Great list up there.
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by bahdpersona(m): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2023
Life in Nigeria is now worse. Like play like play, our currency is becoming useless. Naira depreciates daily, bills increases everyday but our salary remains the same. Let's years back, I could buy food and be satisfied with #200, not anymore. And the worst part is, there are still some people who keeps defending and rationalising the mistakes of this government. A pity, it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Gentleswift(m): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2023
Olamide should top this.

19 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by omoredia: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2023
What about you?
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Eaglernorwich(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2023
Add Dbull on these

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by osuofia2(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2023
smiley
DAVIDO SHOULD OCCUPY POSITION 1 TO 3 LIKE
1. DAVIDO
2.DAVIDO
3. DAVIDO
THEN OLAMIDE.
David is a great guy.

10 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Wealthyonos(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2023
I concur
Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2023
DBull on this one ...If that list doesn't include highlife musicians that have to carry more than 20 people along including drummer ,piano man,guitar man,even shekere man dey go Europe tour..

Legends

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by Solofresh2: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2023
Where is Wizkid.Is it because he no dey loud him selflessness?
Portable too should be there

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by robinfemi: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2023
Olamide should be the 1st on that list... After you hailed him. Agbalagba cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g by wittywriter: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2023
Nice outline...

Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido - Skelewu (directed By Moe Musa) / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? / Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.