Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? (3621 Views)

Poll: I'll Be Supporting . . .

Mali: 3% (2 votes)
Guinea Conakry: 0% (0 votes)
Zambia: 3% (2 votes)
Libya: 6% (4 votes)
Morocco: 0% (0 votes)
Senegal: 4% (3 votes)
Burkina Faso: 0% (0 votes)
Niger: 3% (2 votes)
Ivory Coast: 34% (22 votes)
Ghana: 44% (28 votes)
Sudan: 0% (0 votes)
Angola: 0% (0 votes)
Botswana: 0% (0 votes)
Tunisia: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

AFCON 2015: Which Country Will You Support? / What Country Would You Be Supporting Now At The Ongoing FIFA 2014 World Cup / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Jarus(m): 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
Since Naija is not going, I will support CIV. They have done enough to win this tournament. They parade the most intimidating array of stars in Africa but they have been under-achieving since their resurgence some 6 years ago after their football experienced a lull for 10 years. They had been the favourites in the last 3 editions but disappointingly crashed out in Final, semi and Q/F in the 2006, 2008 and 2010 editions. If they don't win this one, maybe they still have another opportunity in 2013, after which they can forget about it, as they are currently in their peak.

Their players are also committed to their NT despite being bigger boys than our lack lustre boys. I will fully support the Elephants.

As for Ghana, I see them being another strong contender, but I will never support them for obvious reason.

Viva elephants!!!
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by bingbagbo(m): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
n what are the reasons?
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Jarus(m): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2011
bin gbagbo:

n what are the reasons?

They are too anti-Nigeria. Ivorians, despite being Francophone, are more respectful and friendly to Nigeria.
Moreso, I have sympathy for CIV NT, they are very committed to their country despite being stars. Drogba and co are always taking in peace initiatives for the war-torn nation. Winning ANC will be a good way to cap their efforts.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by bingbagbo(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
but nigerians are also anti ghana?
but hey, the ivorians v always flattered 2 deceive, watchout 4 senegal!
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by freecocoa(f): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2011
I will support morocco,they have fine boys in their team,but if any of you know a team with finer boys,let me know,maybe I'll shift base. wink
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by success4(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2011
[size=18pt]G[/size] [size=18pt]H[/size][size=18pt] A[/size] [size=18pt]N A[/size]
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Syenite(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2011
AFCON without Nigeria.cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Well, maybe I'll support NIGER 'cos it is the closest name to NIGERIA undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2011
Why, Guinea of course. wink
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2011
I think I'll go with Libya!!

Winning the Cup would help speed up their recovery and foster unity and peace in that country,
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by soladisc: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2011
Nigeria
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by mallorca(m): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2011
Ghana because i dey Bleep one Kumasi babe currently
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Bash92(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2011
I wil go for Ivory coast over ghana any day any time cos ghana hate us.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by RickyRoss1(m): 11:44am On Oct 26, 2011
I have no choice than to support Ghana even though they hate us with passion and they laugh at us each time we loose any match. When our junior boys lost the junior world cup Ghanaians celebrated it but during the last world cup i know most Nigerians rooted for Ghana. I was in Ghana when they beat USA during the last world cup in South Africa, i witnessed how Nigerian owned drinking spots, bars & restaurants opened their doors for people to eat and drink freely to celebrate Ghanas win.

I am supporting Ghana bc of my wife. I wish them the best of luck.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by RickyRoss1(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2011
mallorca:

Ghana because i dey Bleep one Kumasi babe currently

Wow good for you.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by okooloyun1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
Jarus:

They are too anti-Nigeria. Ivorians, despite being Francophone, are more respectful and friendly to Nigeria.
Moreso, I have sympathy for CIV NT, they are very committed to their country despite being stars. Drogba and co are always taking in peace initiatives for the war-torn nation. Winning ANC will be a good way to cap their efforts.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by nokia3310: 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
Jarus:

I don't think Ghanians are Anti-Nigeria, rather football rivalries have been existing between the Eagles and the Black stars. At some point during the 2010 edition of those Nations cup, i was in Accra, Kumasi and even Navrongo; though we didn't discuss football much with the people around me, but they showed me so much love. So as far as i'm concerned, when i look at a Ghanian i see a cousin. So the Black stars have my full support undecided
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by otumfour(m): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
Jarus:

Since Naija is not going, I will support CIV.

good for u

Jarus:

They have done enough to win this tournament.  

really! what have they really done tht is so great apart from living on hype hype hype and more hype huh? for the past 3 or so years CIV have been tipped as favourites yet, they end up in the 4th or whateva postion below the best 3, whom are we kidding

Now, Ghana on the other hand were in 3rd position in the 2008 AFCON CUP
                                                              2nd postion in the 2010 AFCON CUP
                                                              QUARTER FINALISTS & AND THE ONLY AFRICAN REP (small GHANA literally carried Africa at our backs) IN THE ALMIGHTY WORLD CUP and wud have made it to the SEMIS if it wasn't for tht rabbit teeth Luiz Suarez and our own fat head Asamoah Gyan
grin

Jarus:

They parade the most intimidating array of stars in Africa.

crap crap crap, as if intimidating players dey win games, if so like laryea kingston never go fit dribble taye taiwo wit his intimidating face and features  grin grin grin as a matter of fact if so then the Ghana Blackstars never go fit win the Nigerian Super Eagles cuz the Nigerian players are always taller and thicker bodywise and ficially cheesy than my likkle Blackstars grin grin yet these likkle Blackstars always dey bully dem for football field grin grin (ask taye taio how he dey fear dem likkle black tins) grin grin grin inti ko midate ni  grin grin

Jarus:

Their players are also committed to their NT despite being bigger boys than our lack lustre boys. I will fully support the Elephants.

Now this I agree wit 100% wink

Jarus:

As for Ghana, I see them being another strong contender, but I will never support them for obvious reason.

Jarus:

for a sec there I actually thought your reason wud be limited to the Ghana-Naija football rivalry, then your answer came in ; how tha furk do u expect the Ivorians to see u in any other way huh they'r french for dayz sake, LOL! thts like a Ghanaian praising yoruba people in the midst of Igbo's grin  or vice versa, am sure either party wud go like this fool no correct at all. gerrit grin grin grin

BTW! U COULD HAVE JUST SELECTED C.I.V BUT U JUST HAD TO MENTION GHANA ABI

GHANA FOR THE WIN THO
VIVA GHANA BLACK STARS!!!!!!
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by otumfour(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
nokia3310:

I don't think Ghanians are Anti-Nigeria, rather football rivalries have been existing between the Eagles and the Black stars. At some point during the 2010 edition of those Nations cup, i was in Accra, Kumasi and even Navrongo; though we didn't discuss football much with the people around me, but they showed me so much love. So as far as i'm concerned, when i look at a Ghanian i see a cousin. So the Black stars have my full support undecided

TELL DEM OOOOO, ITS AMAZING HOW SOME NIGERIANS THINK GHANAIAN'S HATE THEM, OF COURSE U'LL GET SOME KNUCKLE HEADS ON BOTH ENDS BUT IN THE END WE PLAY UR MUSIC, WATCH UR MOVIES AND EVEN SOME OF US SAVE WIT UR BANKS NOW TELL ME HOW THE FURK WE HATE NIGERIANS
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Princek12(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2011
So Libya, despite their players taking time off from fighting Gadhafi forces to play, qualified for the Nations Cup. But Naija could not qualify.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Basics007: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
freecocoa:

I will support morocco,they have fine boys in their team,but if any of you know a team with finer boys,let me know,maybe I'll shift base. wink
Lol. You are right. That Adel Taraabt is a fine dude. Looks so much like Drake. As for me it's Senegal all the way. A new generation of superb talent is coming thru with. Moreover they are done with that nutcase Diouf,everything is looking up
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by dinah777: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hmmn any country winning.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by blackmale(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
ghana all the way, i see them as our neighbour,,,,,
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Gbenge77(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
i decline to support any country.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by kabna(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
Jarus:

Since Naija is not going, I will support CIV. They have done enough to win this tournament. They parade the most intimidating array of stars in Africa but they have been under-achieving since their resurgence some 6 years ago after their football experienced a lull for 10 years. They had been the favourites in the last 3 editions but disappointingly crashed out in Final, semi and Q/F in the 2006, 2008 and 2010 editions. If they don't win this one, maybe they still have another opportunity in 2013, after which they can forget about it, as they are currently in their peak.

Viva elephants!!!

Did you know that around 45% of ivorians are Akans? Am sure you know Akans are the majority of Ghanaians
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Limaoscar: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
I;ll support Libya, for the following reasons:

1. so we don't keep giving excuses for not qualifying when we had all the support.

2. So Ghaddafi and sons can find some entertainment on the otherside after all that trouble hiding in a culvet in sirte wink
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by ElmA1(f): 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2011
ghana smiley
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by marutimon: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2011
I would like Ghana or Cote d'Ivoire to win.They both deserve to finally have some silverware.

I hope Morocco,Tunisia and Libya all horribly fail.
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by sley4life(m): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
i'l go for C'ivoire
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Jarus(m): 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2011
marutimon:

I would like Ghana or Cote d'Ivoire to win.They both deserve to finally have some silverware.

I hope Morocco,Tunisia and Libya all horribly fail.
Watch out for Senegal
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by Horus(m): 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
Ghana
Re: Can 2012: Which Country Will You Be Supporting? by dominique(f): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
won't be watching tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi Invites 30 Players For Liberia Friendly / World Cup: Ghana We Salute You / You Won’t Believe What These 2 LINES On Ronaldo’s Head Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.