Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 (1755 Views)

17 Impeached Deputy Governors Since 1999 / Dapo Abiodun, Hope Uzodimma And Soludo Are The Worst Governors - Mokwechineme / List Of 5 Worst Governors In Nigeria (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by mokwechineme: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
Its funny and interesting that these people we are discussing here are seeing these or pointed to see them because i got a shocking phonecall on one of my threads. -, we must continue this discussion because Nigeria is for all of us. No one is more Nigerian than the next person no matter the position you wielded or wielding today.

I have actively followed and participated in Nigerian politics since 1999 and i can boldly discuss the political permutations during these period in review. Nigerians have left their touchlight and focus on the federal government giving the state free hand to operate as they wish. The governors if actively engaged would have in their own capacities as chief executives of the states fill in the gaps(supplemented the federal government)for a better Nigeria but they wouldnt do that. They have hidden under the focus on the federal government to squander government resources meant for Nigeria's development.

These are/were my worst governors since 1999 - Okezie Ikpeazu, Ben Ayade, Dapo Abiodun, Godwin Obaseki, Ifeanyi Okowa, Willie Obiano, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, Uzodimma, Yahaya Bello, Diri, Adebayo Alao-Akala. However, three(3) out of these list stood out as the worst in the history of governorship and i will itemize it from bottom to the top

3 At number three is Ben Ayade - former governor Cross River state. Donald Duke set the standard under which subsequent administrations would easily thrive. Liyel Imoke tried but Ben Ayade came in and make total mockery of governance. His focus was more on white elephant projects against the people's need. At a point in the middle of his administration, he appointed 5000 aides - SAs and SSAs and it was that bad.

2 In second position is Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state. Ogun is a state that birthed some of the most prominent Nigerians but it has failed in the state leadership. The chief executives of that state since 1999 has failed the state woefully. There is no reason Ogun shiuldnt be competing with Lagos in terms of infrastructures because the industrialization in the Nigeria economic capital Lagos hugely and immensely overflowed into Ogun state. Dapo Abiodun happens to personify the ineptitude and clear failure of the Ogun state leadership

1 The first position goes to Okezie Ipkeazu, immediate past governor of Abia state. Just like Ogun state, Abia has had terrible experience when it comes to state governors. Orji Uzo Kalu failed as a governor, his successor failed as well but Okezie's failure is clearly in another different level. He supervised and saw to the complete destruction of whatever is left of developments of the past administrations. At a point he left his state and duties and was following Wike as a servant. a whole executive governor.

If u feel any governor should or shouldnt be there, please do point that out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by MDBAKP: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
I wish military can take over. Bunch of deluded polithiefians in 9ja. I dedicate my ftc to President Umaru Musa Yaradua and Sir Bobby Charlton. R.i.p legends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2023
I laugh when people include Dapo Abiodun as part of worst governor, that guy legitly have more project than 25 states governors but yet na him them dey always attack because of Sango Otta axis road.

If I tell OP now to show me his state governor and let’s go on a project to project comparison between what Dapo has done and what his state governor has done, he will run away.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by youngsahito(m): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:
I laugh when people include Dapo Abiodun as part of worst governor, that guy legitly have more project than 25 states governors but yet na him them dey always attack because of Sango Otta axis road.

If I tell OP now to show me his state governor and let’s go on a project to project comparison between what Dapo has done and what his state governor has done, he will run away.
will you shut up your stu**d mouth b4 you chop slap for that place. Name the useless projects that your eleyi of Ogun state has done. Must you always be too tribalistic on comments here on nairaland and I don't know if you are a dunce APC supporter?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
youngsahito:
will you shut up your stu**d mouth b4 you chop slap for that place. Name the useless projects that your eleyi of Ogun state has done. Must you always be too tribalistic on comments here on nairaland and I don't know if you are a dunce APC supporter?

Tell me your state name and show me what your governor has done that beat this road.

Victim mentality, where did I talk about tribalism? Abi tribalism mean another thing in you language?

Show your governor and let’s compare and contrast what he has done to that off Dapo.

7 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
youngsahito:

If you no be coward, mention your state governor and let’s compare road done by dapo to your useless governor.

6 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2023
youngsahito:

Below is Arepo estate road Dapo did. Show us the one by your godforsaken Governor.

We know Ogun state is still lacking some roads especially in tbt Otta axis, but that dosen’t mean Dapo is the worst governor. Imagine Zamfara governor getting more rep than Dapo or that useless Obaseki.

8 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Antoeni(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2023
The List is Useless if That's Bello is Not There

1 Like

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
This is Dapo constructing a cargo airport. Yet people from states like Edo and Zamfara, Abia who are celebrating JB logo and streetlight will be condemning him.

8 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
Below is Pansheke Adigbe road he finished in 2022.

If your own governors build road like this you’ll be celebrating them but yet daily be including Dapo as worst governor.

7 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Iceberg3: 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:
This is Dapo constructing a cargo airport. Yet people from states like Edo and Zamfara, Abia who are celebrating JB logo and streetlight will be condemning him.
You better get Edo off that your mouth before eboh hit you there?

Kindly go and look for Igbos and their business in Indonesia/Cambodia/thailand
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
youngsahito:

If e sure for you, mention your state governor and let’s do a thread on his projects and Dapo project and if yours win, I will apologize.

Na everything be tribalism to the mob.

7 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Iceberg3:

You better get Edo off that your mouth before eboh hit you there?

Kindly go and look for Igbos and their business in Indonesia/Cambodia/thailand

I don’t understand your comment.

6 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Kentursky(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2023
He has taken to his heels.
Salewa97:

If e sure for you, mention your state governor and let’s do a thread on his projects and Dapo project and if yours win, I will apologize.

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:

I no go lie, uncle Dapo did lot of projects in his first term and still doing.

Let us not forget, it was against Covic 19 and endsars yet he still try.

Now that he has taken over Sango Ota expressway, he will replicate what he did at Ijebu Ode to Lekki expressway.

2 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
Kentursky:
He has taken to his heels.

Don’t mind them. Because Ogun state people want more from their governor and desist from being praise singers online does not justify someone from a state where we don’t even know their Governor impact to always come online daily and say Dapo is the worst governor in Nigeria.

As in among 36 governor where most of them are useless. Some can’t even point to 5 good road they’ve built since they’ve been in power nor can they point to any good socioeconomic statistics.

Just few days ago, Ogun state got nice socio-economic metrics from the Statisense data released. If it were to be another Governor, his state people will milk it dry singing their praises.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
forgiveness:

I no go lie, uncle Dapo did lot of projects in his first term and still doing.

Let us nit forget, it was against Covic 19 and endsars. He still try.

Now that he has taken over Sango Ota expressway, he will replicate what he did at Ijebu Ode to Lekki expressway.

Yes, Sango Otta is the major reason why people condemn Dapo and people have the right to condemn him for that because I also always mock him for that road and other road in that senatorial district.

But that does not mean he is not working on other roads. That guy built lot of roads in his first time but yet na everyday we dey hear say na him be worst governor.

5 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by forgiveness: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:

Yes, Sango Otta is the major reason why people condemn Dapo and people have the right to condemn him for that because I also always mock him for that road and other road in that senatorial district.

But that does not mean he is not working on other roads. That guy built lot of roads in his first time but yet na everyday we dey hear say na him be worst governor.

Exactly! Hope he works on that particular road.

Perhaps, he will concentrate after his case in court.

1 Like

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by mrvitalis(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
mokwechineme:
Its funny and interesting that these people we are discussing here are seeing these or pointed to see them because i got a shocking phone call on one of my threads. -, we must continue this discussion because Nigeria is for all of us. No one is more Nigerian than the next person no matter the position you wielded or wielding today.

I have actively followed and participated in Nigerian politics since 1999 and i can boldly discuss the political permutations during these period in review. Nigerians have left their touchlight and focus on the federal government giving the state free hand to operate as they wish. The governors if actively engaged would have in their own capacities as chief executives of the states fill in the gaps(supplemented the federal government)for a better Nigeria but they wouldnt do that. They have hidden under the focus on the federal government to squander government resources meant for Nigeria's development.

These are/were my worst governors since 1999 - Okezie Ikpeazu, Ben Ayade, Dapo Abiodun, Godwin Obaseki, Ifeanyi Okowa, Willie Obiano, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, Uzodimma, Yahaya Bello, Diri, Adebayo Alao-Akala. However, three(3) out of these list stood out as the worst in the history of governorship and i will itemize it from bottom to the top

3 At number three is Ben Ayade - former governor Cross River state. Donald Duke set the standard under which subsequent administrations would easily thrive. Liyel Imoke tried but Ben Ayade came in and make total mockery of governance. His focus was more on white elephant projects against the people's need. At a point in the middle of his administration, he appointed 5000 aides - SAs and SSAs and it was that bad.

2 In second position is Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state. Ogun is a state that birthed some of the most prominent Nigerians but it has failed in the state leadership. The chief executives of that state since 1999 has failed the state woefully. There is no reason Ogun shiuldnt be competing with Lagos in terms of infrastructures because the industrialization in the Nigeria economic capital Lahos hugely and immencely overflowed into Ogun state. Dapo Abiodun happens to personify the ineptitude and clear failure of the Ogun state leadership

1 The first position goes to Okezie Ipkeazu, immediate past governor of Abia state. Just like Ogun state, Abia has had terrible experience when it comes to state governors. Orji Uzo Kalu failed as a governor, his successor failed as well but Okezie's failure is clearly in another different level. He supervised and saw to the complete destruction of whatever is left of developments of the past administrations. At a point he left his state and duties and was following Wike as a servant. a whole executive governor.

For every project you post of the last 3 osun and Ekiti governors combined I post 2 of ikpeazu

How can you compare ikpeazu to fayemi or fayose or even the present governor..

All past 3 Oyo governors combined no reach ikpeazu... I dare you take up the challenge

Some of you because igbos call out our governors based on our standards you think they don't work?
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by dododawa1: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
Abiodun of Ogun State Nigeria and ikepzu of Abia State and past ENUGU governor

Bird of same feathers
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by DonNeon: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
mokwechineme:
Its funny and interesting that these people we are discussing here are seeing these or pointed to see them because i got a shocking phone call on one of my threads. -, we must continue this discussion because Nigeria is for all of us. No one is more Nigerian than the next person no matter the position you wielded or wielding today.

2 In second position is Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state. Ogun is a state that birthed some of the most prominent Nigerians but it has failed in the state leadership. The chief executives of that state since 1999 has failed the state woefully. There is no reason Ogun shiuldnt be competing with Lagos in terms of infrastructures because the industrialization in the Nigeria economic capital Lahos hugely and immencely overflowed into Ogun state. Dapo Abiodun happens to personify the ineptitude and clear failure of the Ogun state leadership

Lol, Godwin Obaseki doesn't deserve to be there; The mainstream media seems to be against him, for him to fall into the same category with Ikpeazu, Ayade, Yahaya bello and co.
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by MadamExcellency: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
What do you know about Dr Okezie Ikpeazu's administration and what indices were your judgment based on? Can you itemize them for us to compare and contrast?

I do not have time but I will be here to offer an intellectual debate to prove you not only wrong but biased and ignoramus
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
MadamExcellency:
What do you know about Dr Okezie Ikpeazu and what indices were your judgment based on. Can you itemize them for us to compare and contrast?

I do not have time but I will be here to offer an intellectual debate to prove you not only wrong but bias and ignoramus

It is social media. I don’t know much about Abia to speak on it.

On social media, Nigerians always target specific governors for mockery. It’s a bandwagon effect and 90% of people regurgitating it don’t have fact. If you ask them to justify their assertions, they start attacking you and calling you a bigot.

Before now, Makinde used to be their best governor after salad, his boys will come online praising him while unsuspecting public retweet it. Now Makinde is off the radar and little is being heard of Oyo.

Me I know more about SW. in this SW wey we dey, after we remove Lagos, na Ogun state governor be the guy with the most projects that is visible. Yet in the SW, na Ogun state governor everybody go talk say na him be the worst governor because social media says so.

5 Likes

Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:

It is social media. I don’t know much about Abia to speak on it.

On social media, Nigerians always target specific governors for mockery. It’s a bandwagon effect and 90% of people regurgitating it don’t have fact. If you ask them to justify their assertions, they start attacking you and calling you a bigot.

Before now, Makinde used to be their best governor after salad, his boys will come online praising him while unsuspecting public retweet it. Now Makinde is off the radar and little is being heard of Oyo.

Me I know more about SW. in this SW wey we dey, after we remove Lagos, na Ogun state governor be the guy with the most projects that is visible. Yet in the SW, na Ogun state governor everybody go talk say na him be the worst governor because social media says so.
Spot on 💯!
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by youngsahito(m): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:

you can only show one project after wasting 4 years. Is Ota not part of Ogun state or why has he abandon the place? I'm from Osun state so your Dapo is a criminal and useless.
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Salewa97: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
youngsahito:
you can only show one project after wasting 4 years. Is Ota not part of Ogun state or why has he abandon the place? I'm from Osun state so your Dapo is a criminal and useless.

Lol 😂

Osun state is obviously the one with the worst governor in the SW. Wetin Adeleke don do for Osun?

Even Adeleke boys can’t keep up with their propaganda again now. Imagine someone with Adeleke as governor calling Dapo the worst governor.
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Segzy19: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
What kind of gutter article is this?

Are you from Ogun state?
Do you currently live and reside in Ogun state or all the other states you have mentioned their governors?

Please find something better and worthy to do with your time...
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Ola9ja23: 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
I'm from Ogun state and I support this article

Dapo should be number 1

He is the worst among them.
Daru Dapo is a cursed governor imposed on people of Ogun state
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by youngsahito(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Salewa97:

Lol 😂

Osun state is obviously the one with the worst governor in the SW. Wetin Adeleke don do for Osun?

Even Adeleke boys can’t keep up with their propaganda again now. Imagine someone with Adeleke as governor calling Dapo the worst governor.
your Dapo is worst and can never merit as one of the performing governor in Nigeria. I can never be surprised at Dapo failure cos somebody like you never believe in success. Continuing support your half baked governor.
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Unbiased1: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
mokwechineme:
Its funny and interesting that these people we are discussing here are seeing these or pointed to see them because i got a shocking phonecall on one of my threads. -, we must continue this discussion because Nigeria is for all of us. No one is more Nigerian than the next person no matter the position you wielded or wielding today.

2 In second position is Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state. Ogun is a state that birthed some of the most prominent Nigerians but it has failed in the state leadership. The chief executives of that state since 1999 has failed the state woefully. There is no reason Ogun shiuldnt be competing with Lagos in terms of infrastructures because the industrialization in the Nigeria economic capital Lagos hugely and immensely overflowed into Ogun state. Dapo Abiodun happens to personify the ineptitude and clear failure of the Ogun state leadership

It's clear you are just a clout chaser. How on earth is Obiano is this stupid list of yours? And you placed Ikpeazu as number 1? Where are the governors of Ekiti in this list? How is Fayose who spent his time as governor doing stomach infrastructure not number 1 in this list? Ikpeazu alone has more projects than the last 2 governors of Ekiti combined. And only a clown will place Dapo Abiodun as being worse than Ben Ayade and Yahaya Bello.
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Linus199(m): 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yahaya Bello is the worst governor in the whole universe.
Re: These Are/were The Three(3)worst Governors Since 1999 by Eteka1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ayade should be the worst Governor in the history of Nigeria. Scam, fake, invisible projects. 8 years wasted. Nothing to show for the Billions looted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Start Relocating’ – Ohanaeze On Demolition Of Igbo-populated Markets In Lagos / Fubara On His Way To APC After He Was Stripped Of The Party Structure / Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.