Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA (9796 Views)

Subsidy Removal Drags Down Petrol Consumption By 28% / NEITI To Investigate Daily Petrol Consumption Figure / NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by NwaNimo1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority, NMDPRA, says the country’s domestic consumption for petrol has significantly dropped from 66.7 million liters, before the deregulation, to 44.3 million liters per day. shocked

Farouk Ahmed, the Authority Chief Executive of NMDPRA said that the reduction represents about 33.58 per cent daily.

Mr Ahmed disclosed this in his keynote address at the opening session of the Oil Trading and Logistics, OTL, 2023 Africa Week 2023 on Monday in Lagos.

The NMDPRA boss said eight wholesale petroleum product suppliers out of 94 licensed oil marketers were issued permits to import into the country.

According to him, those licensed delivered eight cargoes of petrol totaling 251,000 MT (291,238,670.69 litres) between June and September.

Mr Ahmed said that the drop in the number of licensed importers was due to the challenge of forex illiquidity which had constrained the oil marketing companies’ ability to import the product.

He expressed optimism that the necessary efforts taken by the government to improve the stability of the harmonised forex market would support the importation of petrol by more oil marketing companies alongside the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Ltd,.

Mr Ahmed said: “Supply of petroleum products is expected to be further enhanced and secured by the coming onstream of Dangote Refinery and the rehabilitation of NNPCL refineries in the short to medium term.

“The efforts of the Nigerian government towards ensuring that the overall national energy security of the country is administered in a manner that optimises position within the complex global energy dynamics.

Mr Ahmed said that a critical pillar for pursuing a structured energy transition in Nigeria is the adoption of gas as a transition fuel and the emplacement of strategic gas development frameworks through the Decade of Gas Program (DOGP).

“The DOGP will ensure the accelerated growth of gas processing, storage, transportation, retail, and utilisation in Nigeria within the decade.

“The programme has optimal industry inclusiveness and it’s making steady progress in the implementation of all its strategic objectives, initiatives and projects,” he said.

Mr Ahmed, therefore, noted that the full deregulation of the sector had further enhanced the nation’s capacity to adopt Compressed Natural Gas (CNG ) as a more sustainable and affordable alternative automotive fuel.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has launched the Presidential initiative on CNG (PiCNG), with the focus of providing immediate and long-lasting infrastructure for modern mass transit systems.

He stated that the PiCNG had already commenced work and adequately supported with all necessary tools, including required funding to meet its aspirations.

Over 200 participants were in attendant with over 20 exhibitors

https://dailynigerian.com/nigeria-daily-petrol/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by ecolime(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hmm
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by NwaNimo1(m): 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
Dangote.......How market?

Payback timeline don increase ooh.....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Salewa97: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
When is Dangote refinery going to show?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Jenniestar: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2023
Still annoying
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by CodeTemplar: 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
A meagre 33%.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Solsix(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
No be person to tell you to park. If no be church I no dey go anywhere on weekends. Nah only work dey make me buy fuel. I dey try walk these days, after nah exercise.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by opamoses1: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
Water don dey find im level.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by MasterJayJay: 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2023
People don park their cars na.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by ImoleNaija: 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
Traffic congestion is gradually returning to Lagos. It's like many people no longer abandon their vehicles.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Lastmankc(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
According to the Mummified Ebola miscreants,this is an achievement by their urinating machine.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by meum: 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
B4? It’s supposed to reduce by 50% sef.

Subsidy saboteurs came to negotiate percentage share with those in power & they were proud to tell us they rejected it. Wow! How patriotic they are. The were not patriotic enough to get the saboteurs arrested for such level of corruption rather the masses were made to suffer it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Babtunz: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2023
I can confirm. For someone like me who cannot do without visiting filling station at least once a week, I cannot remember the last time I was there. But I'm cocksure it wasn't this month.

Almost everybody on my street now relies on solar.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Chetas81(m): 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
NONSENSE AND RIDICULOUS POST HERE AND THERE
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by isaaclech: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ok o..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by naijaboy756: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
We never knew we were in paradise under the PDP

APC is a party of evil monsters

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by foliman(m): 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2023
After increment on fuel from 185 to the unregulated price, my gen hasn't been functioning. I can't fuel car and fuel Gen at the same time. How much is the salary? My car only move on Sundays, by monday mornings I remove the battery head. No time.

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Racoon(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
The NNPC and DPR will never give a true account because they are the ones operating the fraudulent subsidy cabal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by fineboynl(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
..a good government should knows when to act when policies are not work. They should retraced their step.

There will be fuel scarcity before and after xmas. Despite the subsidy removal. Tinubu is still borrowing money. Dollar keep going high. Suffering everywhere.

The funny thing is pricing of Nigeria market is tie to dollar. If dollar goes up local product will go up as well.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Treasure17(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Na who get money dey buy petrol. Those who voted for APC Eni kure.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Basicend: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Me I have packed my car for one corner since Tinubu came in. .

I only use it once in 2 or 3 weeks. . I use company bus or vehicle. . Plus Keke and public buses. . I won't kill myself. .

We will abandon their petrol for them completely soon. . So that Tinubu and his cronies can be drinking it and swimming in it.

Useless people. .

Most multi-nationals and manufacturing companies in Lagos and nationwide are choked to the neck. . And folding up and running elsewhere. .

Shameless leaders. .

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Utanote: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by seguno2: 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
NwaNimo1:

So why is Tinubu borrowing money upandan for generations yet unborn to pay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by NewDea4: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
NwaNimo1:

Government of fools, by the fools and for the fools, i.e. Nigerian democracy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Entanglement: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
NwaNimo1:

why he no go reduce? undecided

Reduce by 33.58% while poverty rate increase by 33.58% undecided

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Shikini: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigerians wey never see food chop
go buy petrol?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Reduces By 33.58% - NMDPRA by Eriggs: 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
CUt your coat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Winning Southwest Votes: Is Anyone Doubting This? / Governor Ganduje Flees As Red Caps Take Over Kano Government House (Photo) / Food Prices Jump By 31%, Says NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.