Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? (184 Views)

Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? by FarmTech(m): 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
By Olorunfemi Precious Oluwadamilola

X THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN LISTENING TO WORLDLY MUSIC X

I remembered when I strongly held on to this believe that nothing is wrong with listening to or singing worldly songs.

I always have the latest hip-hop songs on my phone both the ones from Nigerian artists and outside.

Even though the lyrics are not glorifying God or promoting Godliness, I prefer listening and dancing to them. Because I thought gospel songs sulks!

This went on until God enlightened me about the negative effects of this songs. Before we even talk about the negative effects, judge within yourselves. Do you think it's reasonable to use the voice God has given you to glorify him , to glorify Satan instead?

Funny enough, many so-called christians of nowadays are on this table. Your music lists is filled with musics that promotes lust, immorality, love for money, profanity and all sorts of worldly sounds and foul words.

But yet, you still have the confidence and audacity to open your mouth waaaaaaa and ask us where it is written in the bible that we shouldn't listen to that type of songs.

Have you forgotten that friendliness with the world is enmity against God?

Besides, kindly note that I didn't use the word "secular" but "worldly" cause even though all worldly songs are secular songs but not all secular songs are worldly songs..

An example is the national anthem and happy birthday song.

So no one should start asking me questions like "what if the song doesn't promotes worldly things?". We are talking majorly about worldly songs here.

I hope that's understandable? T for thenks.

So back to what we are saying, the bible urged us to speak to ourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs....

Emphasis on "spiritual songs" 🔥 not just any songs.

This songs becomes sweet fragrance and rises up to God. They also helps to edify you and increases your yearning for God.

But worldly songs will help to corrupt your mind and draws you far away from God.

Just as the spirit of God inspires his people to write songs that will edify, the devil also do inspires his people to write songs that will corrupt the minds of youths.

I know most of you will say this songs is just for fun and to brighten your mood but how can you use something that will draw your mind away from God to brighten your mood?

As a Christian who claims to have the holy spirit, how can you even feel comfortable listening to and singing songs that glorifies Satan?

"As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: but as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation" 1 pet ch 1 vs 14-15

Just imagine!
How can you call yourself a Christian and your favorites musicians are hip-hop singers and artists that exposes their unclothedness and draws all manners of demonic images on there bodies?

Are you normal at all?

I intentionally didn't wanna mention any artist name. I believe y'all can judge that within yourselves. A word they say is enough for the wise.

May God gives us understanding. 🙏🔥

Source: https://m.facebook.com

Re: Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? by PythonTutorial2(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
There are different categories of "worldly songs". Some worldly songs aren't necessarily immoral songs.
Re: Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? by 4KNGOATS(m): 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
Useless pervertic bastardzzz what does chritenity teaches in the first place other than making useless noise around the neighborhood in the name of warship,you dumb foolz warship your mortal God as if he's a deaf man what blasphemy.you hypocrites ascribing mortality to your creator,what a fkn shame. Useless foolz. If you're so good in disturbing the neighborhood with baseless shity warship songs why won't you listen to wordly songs?? Geeky set of bastardzzz
Re: Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
My favorite musician today is Kizz Daniel:

I want to chop potatoe ~ he-he#

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Listen To Worldly Songs? by cornelboy(f): 3:36am On Oct 24, 2023
My favourite is Burnaboy among hip-hop artists cool
I like to listen Ebenezer obey's and Orlando owoh's songs mostly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Logia Or Gospel? / Dreamed Of Picking Three Snails / Disgraced Priest Alex Crow, 30, Marries 18-year-old Girl As Both Eloped To Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.