Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,168 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant (12932 Views)

Customs Lists Conditions For Reopening Land Borders To Vehicles, Rice, Others / Ongoing Rally By Lagos Waste Managers For Tinubu/Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by seandurse(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2023
No more respect for the law
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by NewDea4: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2023
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by EdiskyHarry: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2023
DesChyko:
To meddle in this, one needs to also know the reasons they were shut down and the conditions given for them to reopen. For them to reopen without seeing everything through is undermining the agency responsible for the initial shutdown. This is the official and professional view of what happened.

Let me share the story of a rainmakers in a village. Ahead of a ceremony, one rainmaker was paid to settle the other rainmakers so rain will not fall on the day of the ceremony. But the rainmaker settled only few of them and left out the others. The celebrants knew nothing about this and went ahead with the ceremony. But the other rainmakers were angry and brought down rain on that day of the ceremony.

**Drops mic**
Tell the rainmaker to send a rain in Abuja or nassarawa during December time
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by 3ice9ce: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2023
opalu:
These Lagos state officials appear like agents of poverty lately. They keep on closing markets, closing businesses etc on flimsy excuses.
The way Nigeria is now, they are supposed to be using huge funds to inject into small businesses to multiply and strengthen them. Instead they are shutting them down. They are now moving from one eatery to supermarkets and locking the tyres of their customers packed in front of their premises! Who does that?
This is pure wickedness of the highest order against businesses

The painful part is that you are a married man with children. Chai.

Carry stupidity for head like afro.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by YourKarma: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2023
sweetjohn:
Nothing last forever. One day the oppressors will become oppressed. No evil targeted on the loved tribe from the east shall last longer neither will it prosper.
Stop trying to make this tribal. What's your problem? They contravened the law and should be punished. Besides, where in the article was it mentioned that the owners are from the east? Na waa to una
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2023
He is providing strong head
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by phemmyfour: 7:50am On Oct 24, 2023
PythonTutorial2:
Wow! What an AUDACITY !😲 😳

Meanwhile, check below 👇
What do you expect, when the government disobeys the law of the land
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by joseph1832(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2023
Lanrelagboi:

https://punchng.com/lagos-to-prosecute-managers-for-reopening-sealed-restaurant/?amp
Why did the LASG seal KingFisher? If they sealed KingFisher, why didn't they seal Marcopolo? KimgFisher is at the back of Marcopolo, so I wonder which environmental law did they break that Marcopolo didn't break?

Cc: Naptu2.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by juman(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2023
Lagos government is business friendly.
If your business violate any law of the state, go and resolve it.

The government is readily ready to help you back on feet.
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by Rhozabeth(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2023
sweetjohn:
Nothing last forever. One day the oppressors will become oppressed. No evil targeted on the loved tribe from the east shall last longer neither will it prosper.
Sound of a tribal bigot!
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by mabea: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2023
Yankiss:
Well, they believe in their connections and oga at the top syndrome. I do not think that the managers on their own broke the seal. I don't think they have that gut. There's someone giving contradictory order from somewhere. Anyway, it's Sanwo-Olu's duty to place effective deterrent and make these fat cats know that he meant business. This arraignment should not be audio.
What if the government is not sincere

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by aswani(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2023
joseph1832:
Why did the LASG seal KingFisher? If they sealed KingFisher, why didn't they seal Marcopolo? KimgFisher is at the back of Marcopolo, so I wonder which environmental law did they break that Marcopolo didn't break?

Cc: Naptu2.

You do realise environmental could be because of things like unhealthy disposal of waste and maybe even loud music.

I am not sure but poor facilities like non functional toilets or running water or kitchen hygiene might also fall into the category.

If Marcopolo are nearby and spend extra money to do the right things, why should Kingfisher's issue affect them.

Anyway, I don't go to all these places so I am only speculating too.

However it suggests an element of selfishness and lawlessness to open an establishment that has been officially sealed by the governing authorities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by nedekid: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2023
accordadoga27:
Hehehehe

Good one from the LASG.

We know people wey dey carry agidi for head like one fan.

We are sure na these people still dey challenge LASG go dey reopen sealed place because they feel they are not cowards and can always challenge anybody including God.

Anyone not ready to comply with the government should be sent to jail or back to his Godforsaken barren land.

This is SW, we won't tolerate any form of ill-manners, arrogance or cannibalism
That place is owned by mide adegbite.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by joseph1832(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2023
aswani:

You do realise environmental could be because of things like unhealthy disposal of waste and maybe even loud music.

I am not sure but poor facilities like non functional toilets or running water or kitchen hygiene might also fall into the category.

If Marcopolo are nearby and spend extra money to do the right things, why should Kingfisher's issue affect them.

Anyway, I don't go to all these places so I am only speculating too.

However it suggests an element of selfishness and lawlessness to open an establishment that has been officially sealed by the governing authorities.
Bro, KibgFisher is at the back of Marcopolo. They are in the same compound. So I find it ridiculous that the LASG can seal KingFisher and not seal Marcopolo also.
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by naptu2: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2023
joseph1832:
Bro, KibgFisher is at the back of Marcopolo. They are in the same compound. So I find it ridiculous that the LASG can seal KingFisher and not seal Marcopolo also.

The issue is why was Kingfisher sealed? Nobody has provided an answer to that.

Of course KingFisher can be sealed and Marcopolo won't be sealed if KingFisher breaks the law and Marcopolo doesn't. It doesn't matter if they are in the same compound.

If KingFisher makes loud noise (that makes residents complain) and Marcopolo doesn't, then KingFisher will be sealed and Marcopolo won't. Why should Marcopolo suffer because of something that it didn't do? Similarly, if KingFisher disposes of its waste improperly and Marcopolo doesn't, then Kingfisher will be sealed and Marcopolo won't be sealed.

Remember, Marcopolo can sue the government if they are wrongly sealed.

So it doesn't matter if they are in the same compound.

But all these are just speculations. We need to know why Kingfisher was sealed before we can make any conclusions. I prefer to deal with facts, not speculations.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by SonOfDSoil01: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2023
sweetjohn:
since you feel you are being targeted, why not return back to Alaibo where no one will target you,Abi na curse? You cry and wail everyday over the same things and whereby u were not force to leave your cursed land to Yoruba land, why will you continue to allow yourself to be oppressed? Honestly you dolt are the real slave grin
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by yorke1: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2023
Kill their businesses and people will clap for you.
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by Originalsly: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2023
joseph1832:

If you live in a two house compound and Police take away your neighbour and charge him to court .... should they also take you away? If no... why? ... after all ... you're in the front house and he's in the back.

@ topic .... some people are just used to breaking the law without consequences. I just hope this one is made an example and the law had been upgraded to make him pay a heavy fine or he's sent to prison. There is much money to be made by the city if it enforces the rules and regulations. They need to first increase the fines to make them serve as a deterrent in these times. Maybe the present fine for breaking the seal is a whopping N10K .... set when the Naira was 50 to 1USD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by joseph1832(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2023
naptu2:

The issue is why was Kingfisher sealed? Nobody has provided an answer to that.

Of course KingFisher can be sealed and Marcopolo won't be sealed if KingFisher breaks the law and Marcopolo doesn't. It doesn't matter if they are in the same compound.

If KingFisher makes loud noise (that makes residents complain) and Marcopolo doesn't, then KingFisher will be sealed and Marcopolo won't. Why should Marcopolo suffer because of something that it didn't do? Similarly, if KingFisher disposes of its waste improperly and Marcopolo doesn't, then Kingfisher will be sealed and Marcopolo won't be sealed.

Remember, Marcopolo can sue the government if they are wrongly sealed.

So it doesn't matter if they are in the same compound.

But all these are just speculations. We need to know why Kingfisher was sealed before we can make any conclusions. I prefer to deal with facts, not speculations.
Alright, I understand you. But from the secular posted, they said it was due to environmental reason, that's why I'm baffled because Kingfisher, like I said, is at the back of Marcopolo and as far as I know, the environment is clean and tidy. Nobody dumps any waste in the water at the back of Kingfisher. So I guess it is for LASG to intimate us which enviromental law Kingfisher broke.
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by naptu2: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2023
joseph1832:
Alright, I understand you. But from the secular posted, they said it was due to environmental reason, that's why I'm baffled because Kingfisher, like I said, is at the back of Marcopolo and as far as I know, the environment is clean and tidy. Nobody dumps any waste in the water at the back of Kingfisher. So I guess it is for LASG to intimate us which enviromental law Kingfisher broke.

OK, let me break it down.

Environmental reasons could mean a lot of things, not just cleanliness. The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), which shut down Kingfisher, has shut down more places for things like noise pollution and air pollution than for issues of cleanliness.

The environment encompasses things like air quality, sound (noise pollution), water quality, discharge of harmful chemicals, etc.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by joseph1832(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2023
naptu2:

OK, let me break it down.

Environmental reasons could mean a lot of things, not just cleanliness. The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), which shut down Kingfisher, has shut down more places for things like noise pollution and air pollution than for issues of cleanliness.

The environment encompasses things like air quality, sound (noise pollution), water quality, discharge of harmful chemicals, etc.
Alright Snr Bro. I get you. The last time I was there was like 3 weeks ago, the music wasn't loud though, the air was cool... but as I've come to know, Island standard is way different from Mainland standard. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by SalamRushdie: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2023
Why would you shut down Circa and Kingfisher if not yoruba extortion at work ?
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Managers For Reopening Sealed Restaurant by ufotunang: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2023
Instead of creating a conducive environment for bussinesses to thrive...they are closing it... increasing the rate of unemployment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari 100 Days: Nothing To Celebrate – Labour Party, Afenifere / INEC Responsible For Underage Voting In Kano – PDP / Investors Laud Abiodun On Reconstruction Of Agbara-Lusada-Atan Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.