Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? (23518 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Theweekend: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Flavour nd odumodu black kwack dem
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Georgejeez: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Where is Shallipopy and Odumodu Black ?

Erigga should have been in these kind of list , but his inability to adapt to more acceptable brands of music made him stuck and stagnant.
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Theweekend: 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2023
Even ellupee
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by RPG2020(m): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
xihari:
That edo yahoo boy when dey sing off key

Calm down 👇👎 grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Allisgud: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
KiNg0G:
REMA

I think much can't be said about remmyboy, I mean he hasn't sold 02arena but the stats are there.. baby calm down stats are there. Being on billboards overseas and getting rushed by hollywood musicians just to taste the african sauce.. the stats are there....no grammie's yet, but the stats are there...Yesterday, my guys and I had an argument and I told them bluntly..In the history of Nigeria's entertainment industry, no one has received much international recognition like Rema. Let's forget about the inferiority complex and talk about facts. Is it psquare? Yea they did it... Is it dbanj yes he did it....is it the BIG 3 ?....yea they did it...but we talking about HUGE WAVE.... BLOWING.. WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION within a short period of time.

The most annoying thing is when you start to speak the fact you will be assumed to be a kid being called gen z and the rest, bro I am in my 30s what are you talking about?

I feel so much joy when I get on tiktok, instagram, facebook and see people from different racial ethnicity using that soundtrack I am like we are there!. AFRICA IS THERE.

Selena gomez called the label and said I want to be on this remix...not the other way round.. not paid features or agbeg please accept my feature!.... but hey the kid still has a long way to go and I believe he is going to achieve alot.
true. but don't say he blew within a short time,he started in 2019,I understand what u mean Sha the extra ordinary blowing,the 1billion stream American greatest are praying for
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Usmanovic95(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
hatakekakashi:

That Bnxn is criminally underrated, the guy's lyrics are always fire. All what he says makes sense, he doesn't mix his lyrics with jargon like Rema.
I'm not taking anything away from Rema though, he has his fans.

Underrated is an understatement blood!
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
Portable suprised me most. I thought by now his career would have been over just like Konga, Terry G and that other guy wey sing trash. But Portable is getting stranger, kudos to him and his madness
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by declansteady: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2023
Tayorshd87:
Why is olamide not on the list ?
Excuse me...OLA WHO? grin
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by aremubabs: 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
I am not into Rema.

I barely know Oma Lay or whatever they call him.

I like Asake.

But my favourite musician is Johnny Drille. Very talented but underappreciated.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by victorazyvictor(m): 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
Lungdick:
That asake picture funny abeg grin grin grin

Like say he pocketed AK-47 grin
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by mayor1814: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
Fela, 1

King Sunny Ade, 2

Tuface, 3

Dbanj, 4
P Square, 4

Davido, 6

Wizkid, 7

Burna boy, 8

And now, Rema, then asake is gradually making headway on d global scene.

All the artists I listed above gained imternational prominence in their prime.

However, I have few out of them that are globally recognized in my opinion.

FELA, WIZKID AND REMA.

FELA can sit on a table with the Michael Jackson's of this world, Bob Marley's of this world, Elvis Presley of this world, The Beatles of this world and many more.

WIZKID won a Grammy with Beyonce, Beyonce featured him. Essence ft tems had a global impact. And the Grammy wizkid won wasn't in any world album category that feature artists from Africa and other parts apart from USA and UK.

REMA, Calm down was a massive song surprisingly. Selena Gomez jumped into that song and the two had mad chemistry. Right now, it's still one of the biggest songs worldwide
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by jojothaiv(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
daniwise:

U don scatter everything,mc oluomo ko,mc olu baba ni...msheeew
Na there you loose guard, na same Ekelebe Stunner dish out that MC Oluomo track...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by stankezzy: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
All these saying without acknowledgement of d guy that made oma and rema, donjazzy - is wrong, forming and directing music no be easy thing , all d people that think so and left him like debanj and others , where are they now, so cudos will be given to him , he has a magic touch
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by ukaface(f): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
Odumodublack
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Menclothing: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Only Asake among them
You can listen to his full album you won’t skip song the rest have only few hit songs

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by daniwise(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
jojothaiv:

Na there you loose guard, na same Ekelebe Stunner dish out that MC Oluomo track...

Make I wire am bro,omisolo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by damiloladuke: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
All doing well
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Yinksy09(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
For me it is Rema and I love his music.
Discover the enchanting magic of sound with oraimo SpacePods

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by phemmyfour: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
KiNg0G:
So ladies and gentlemen you have it, feel free to click the like button on the musician you think surprised you the most.

LETS DO A POLL

They don't have staying power like the musicians of old. Give them five yrs, only few of them will still be in limelight
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Caleb15(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
Asake top 10 on nigeria playlist for 3weeks, that guy dey do jazz
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by ericmor: 12:06am On Oct 26, 2023
KiNg0G:
REMA

I think much can't be said about remmyboy, I mean he hasn't sold 02arena but the stats are there.. baby calm down stats are there. Being on billboards overseas and getting rushed by hollywood musicians just to taste the african sauce.. the stats are there....no grammie's yet, but the stats are there...Yesterday, my guys and I had an argument and I told them bluntly..In the history of Nigeria's entertainment industry, no one has received much international recognition like Rema. Let's forget about the inferiority complex and talk about facts. Is it psquare? Yea they did it... Is it dbanj yes he did it....is it the BIG 3 ?....yea they did it...but we talking about HUGE WAVE.... BLOWING.. WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION within a short period of time.

The most annoying thing is when you start to speak the fact you will be assumed to be a kid being called gen z and the rest, bro I am in my 30s what are you talking about?

I feel so much joy when I get on tiktok, instagram, facebook and see people from different racial ethnicity using that soundtrack I am like we are there!. AFRICA IS THERE.

Selena gomez called the label and said I want to be on this remix...not the other way round.. not paid features or agbeg please accept my feature!.... but hey the kid still has a long way to go and I believe he is going to achieve alot.

Wizkid success brought the idea of rema to Don baba J, He saw what wizzy did and he thought he could do better if he have a wizkid, so he went in search and God gave him rema which he started producing and promoting with the believe he will archive more than what wizzy achieved because he got all it takes to make the wizzy style go father than it is.i am sure some of the white folks still think rema songs is wizzy when they hear his song why some latter discovered it is a different person entirely. Kudos to Don baba J for that

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by ericmor: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2023
Caleb15:
Asake top 10 on nigeria playlist for 3weeks, that guy dey do jazz

no competition, his songs just sound unique and different kind of, he made use of that south Africa beat they have been using pretty well that some people even thinks he evented the beat

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:03am On Oct 26, 2023
ukaface:
Odumodublack
Good morning! E be like say work don choke u..
Abeg give us update 4 daayari.
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by ukaface(f): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Good morning!
E be like say work don choke u..

Abeg give us update 4 daayari.
Good morning o
E choke no be small
I keep postponing my updates😭

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Radio Shows In Lagos/Nigeria? / Demmie Vee - "Figure 8" (Audio) / Bobrisky Gate Man Jacob Hyped On Mc Galaxy New Song - "Jacurb Dance" (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.