Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure (198 Views)

FFK Dumps Yoruba Nation, IPOB, Says "I'm Committed To The Unity Of Nigeria" / Voice From South-south: A Disastrous End To Northern Lies / Amotekun: Wike, Dickson Quarrel Disturbing Unity Of South South Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by gidgiddy: 7:32am On Oct 25, 2023
I never did understand some people and their "one Nigeria" mentality. The white man brought you together, therefore you must die together? Laughable

What has your union, or unity achieved? Biggest black nation on earth? Na that one I go chop? Will it pay my children's School fees? Of what use is that title?

The unity of Nigeria has produced

1. The country with the most extreme poverty rate and poor people

2. A country in the list of top 10 most insecure and terrorised on earth

3. A country that is more divided now than before it fought a civil war that claimed millions of souls

4. A country where political fighting has become the basis of unity, rather than nation building

5. A country where things only steadily got worse since October 1960 to this day

6. A country where integration has never happened

7. A country where ethnic, religious and ideological flags are more important that the flag of the country its self.

The unity of Nigeria has been a disaster from start to finish, and like all bad unions, the option of divorce must be highly considered

2 Likes

Re: The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by BOSSkesh(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2023
Keep wailing
Your eye will soon burst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 7:44am On Oct 25, 2023
Tell the lazy Yoruba people to learn to stay on their own, Hausa fulanis has no problem with separation of the country, any day the lazy yorubas support the Igbos in breaking up of this country by campaigning for their own country, that will be the end of Nigeria. But those lazy full can never last a month without the great Igbos. But we go cut that Gum that gum them with other regions one day by force. Na the Yoruba Christians I dey pity. Their Muhammad followers go sell them to the fulanis

1 Like

Re: The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by aswani(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

The unity of Nigeria has been a disaster from start to finish, and like all bad unions, the option of divorce must be highly considered

Ahmadu Bello and Pa Awolowo didn't agree on much but they both wanted a secession clause.

Igbo people wanting Nigeria to disband because Peter Obi lost an election should be careful what they wish for.

"Unfavourable" trade laws to foreigners, which I suspect will be enacted in what is left of Nigeria, as practised by Ghana will harm Igbo people the most.

Right now, an Igbo person can borrow money, head of to Lagos, Ibadan, Kano or Kaduna to hire a shop, trade in anything at all and do well out of it. Also go back home to take their junior siblings or relatives when the business is doing well and expanding. This is what God has blessed the Igbo people with for the most part. That is also a wonderful thing.

When Nigeria breaks up and that conduit that has worked so well for Ndi'gbo is tightened, there might be cause for regret. Igbo traders in Accra for example are not flourishing as much as their counterparts in Nigeria.

Let's all be careful what we wish for because of an election loss.

2 Likes

Re: The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by Jostoman: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2023
Yes. You are correct, it is injustice that is killing nigeria unity.

1 Like

Re: The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by Ikaeniyan0: 9:06am On Oct 25, 2023
gidgiddy:
I never did understand some people and their "one Nigeria" mentality. The white man brought you together, therefore you must die together? Laughable

What has your union, or unity achieved? Biggest black nation on earth? Na that one I go chop? Will it pay my children's School fees? Of what use is that title?

The unity of Nigeria has produced

1. The country with the most extreme poverty rate and poor people

2. A country in the list of top 10 most insecure and terrorised on earth

3. A country that is more divided now than before it fought a civil war that claimed millions of souls

4. A country where political fighting has become the basis of unity, rather than nation building

5. A country where things only steadily got worse since October 1960 to this day

6. A country where integration has never happened

7. A country where ethnic, religious and ideological flags are more important that the flag of the country its self.

Instead of you and your people to vote ibos who will ask for independent from Nigeria, you people will be voting people like Obi and Otti, then you will come to social media and start disturbing our peace with Biafra talk

1 Like

Re: The Unity Of Nigeria Has Been A Disastrous Failure by gidgiddy: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Instead of you and your people to vote ibos who will ask for independent from Nigeria, you people will be voting people like Obi and Otti, then you will come to social media and start disturbing our peace with Biafra talk

Voting has not helped anybody in Nigeria, the unity of Nigeria has done nobody any good

(1) (Reply)

AYCF Holds President Tinubu In High Esteem - Shettima / My Observation About Particular Set Of People / Dear Tinubu Supporter's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.