Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,245 members, 7,860,561 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

How To Be Respectful Of Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Be Respectful Of Islam (4362 Views)

Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by focused123(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
salaamualaykum wa rahmatullah, yaa abibi abuzola. for Allah's sake, stop responding to focused123, because of two reason. i will only about the less important reason; he has nothing worthy of your response, since you have challenged them with their Book, and has not made a single sensible response, yet except curse words.

@Olabowale :

How has Abuzola challenged me with my bible ? Abuzola have been so insulting to me. He has never written anything sensible neither have you written anything sensible.

Everything about that cult you call Islam is nothing other than utter stupidity, violence, abnormalities and backwardness. Nothing good can ever come from you since the mindset you have come from that satanic verses called Quran.

You are in US, Do you know what is going on in Nigeria ? Do you know the havoc those idiots called Boko Haram have done to the psyche of the people ?

If you say your cult is cult of peace, then I will like to see peace not al-taqiyyah (Islamic deception) and violence.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by muhsin(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
Wrong doing is a hill; everyone mounts his and descries that of another.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by drrionelli(m): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2009
OK--

I do respect and appreciate all of your input and digressions, but let's consider something. The topic is "How to Be Respectful of Islam." It should go without saying that respect is reciprocal. I have asked the question as I have simply because I have lived in an overwhelimingly non-Islamic country. As Islam continues to spread, I wish to know how to be respectful of it.

I am not on a quixotic quest to make friends with everybody in the world. Rather, I seek to expand my own embracing of diversity, if not the individual elements that said diversity involves. Surely, there are people from any number of affiliations with whom I won't get along. That's fine, for not everybody would like me, either. Those persons I can deal with by not dealing with them. But, I feel it imperative to at least attempt to understand that a belief system--any belief system--is different from my own, though not necessarily wrong.

Rather than decry what is wrong with a belief system, why not extol that which is good with it? There has been much vitriol spewed forth in this thread. And for what? No opinions were changed. Indeed, none were challenged or threatened (which makes it all the more confounding to me).

So, may we please return to the topic at hand? I'll even start a corresponding thread for other religions if that will make anybody feel better! wink
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by olabowale(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
@Focused123: « #64 on: Yesterday at 01:58:43 PM »
@Olabowale :
How has Abuzola challenged me with my bible ? Abuzola have been so insulting to me. He has never written anything sensible neither have you written anything sensible.

Everything about that cult you call Islam is nothing other than utter stupidity, violence, abnormalities and backwardness. Nothing good can ever come from you since the mindset you have come from that satanic verses called Quran.

You are in US, Do you know what is going on in Nigeria ? Do you know the havoc those idiots called Boko Haram have done to the psyche of the people ?

If you say your cult is cult of peace, then I will like to see peace not al-taqiyyah (Islamic deception) and violence.
I know what happens in Nigeria. Today alone, I called some six or seven times. My people are there and am primarily a nigerian! What are you saying? i am Olabowale, a pure yoruba name, while you are focused123. See the difference? And as to Islam being a cult; at least we know that Creator has a proper name, Allah and we say Yaa Allah, in some cases, we say some other descriptive names of His enoting His Awesomeness, while you say H(Alleh)luyyah, to praise Yahweh, Jehovah, Eloi, Elohim, Ghost/spirit or Jesus? Tell me who is confused here?
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by drrionelli(m): 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
Things seem to have cooled off, here, just a bit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video of 11-Year Old Yemeni Girl Fleeing Child Marriage Is A Hoax / Prophet Muhammad & His Grandchildren; / Alhaji Razak Gawat Is Still Missing... Nta 10 Made An Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.