Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

People Are Going Through Bad Times. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Are Going Through Bad Times. (1957 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / US Man Going Through Divorce Crashes Dump Truck Into Wife's Home & Cars (Video) / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Nice2023(m): 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
I wonder the kind of country we are in now,people are going through hell on earth. Day before yesterday,I and my wife went to the hospital for antenatal checkup...as my wife entered to take some lectures,it didn't take long when some guys started begging for some money to take care of their needs and the worst part is that,after the fellow left I moved to another section of the hospital,a woman with her daughter whom after getting her bills still walked straight to me that she needed #1,500 to complete her bills and that she told them to reduce the cost and the cashier refused and I wondered how she would ask them to reduce the bills for her drugs just to have some balance.

After her explanation,I had to offer some help to pay
her bills.

Yesterday,I was at the mechanic to fix my wife's car,I met all the mechanic some sleeping,while some gisting about the last match. Lo and behold,after some time,one of the mechanic whispered to me that he had not eaten since morning and that was around 1pm and he started lamenting that things have gone bad and I joined him nodding my head in response. And he asked me,that hope Wike is not going to demolish their village houses,that he was very worried about it.

Today,I just parked some where around Central area here in Abuja just to wait and pick my wife up,someone met me where j parked and begged to help him to eat...I asked him how much he needed and he said, just 300 naira. I was shocked and surprised at the same time.

Additional,at around federal mininistry of finance I stopped by to buy cold drink and a woman begged me to join me to stop any where along the road and she even lamented to me how the cost of transport is affecting their finances.

I just had to open up to the woman that I am not going her way and she kept begging me,I had to ask the aboki to pls,give the madam my 300naira balance.

My people,the country and the people especially the poor are bleeding oh...help as much u can and pls,do it irrespective of tribe...all of these people weren't my tribe that I can say,but it doesn't mean my tribal people are not feeling the heat and begging some where too.

It is simply bad out there.

May God help us all.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Ashez: 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2023
Is well
Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by garriAndsugar: 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
Help them from far.. don't give anyone lift in your car, the criminal rate has increased all thanks to Master strategist that fixed Lagos

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by dangermouse(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
That is thee reality of things in Nigeria today even as some evil minded people would want to deny it, pretending all is well.

6 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by ovalrose(f): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
Sigh.
Two days ago, I used the remaining 600 naira in my hand to make a concoction okro soup that me and my babies ate... When hubby came back, he was so hungry and told me to bring the soup like that, without meat or fish, even pomo nothing inside, let him just eat, that no customer all day...
This is a man that will never eat anyhow food especially if its not garnished with all possible eatables.
I was so pained watching what this economy has reduced us to.. My business has been on standstill since July following high cost of dollar and waybill prices... No be who don chop belle full go talk of buying toy for children?

Today, as I type this, my babies have eaten only once, me I just soaked gari and drank because I don't have anyone to turn to... Everyone is complaining.

I'm just tired and unhappy.. God please help us... If anyone has foodstuffs they can share, please help us.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Tallesty1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2023
The story is same everywhere. The only thing an average APCist is enjoying from this administration is right to mock Igbos and Obi

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Nazgul: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
Tallesty1:
The story is same everywhere. The only thing an average APCist is enjoying from this administration is right to mock Igbos and Obi
The worst is that they're the ones suffering the most.

The average Igbo man is wired to adapt and survive in any condition he finds himself. But you see those scar face people, their case is something else.

Go to states like Ekiti, Oyo, Osun...etc, you'll see poverty in all its Glory and splendor. Yet Igbos are their problem.

More than 99% of those posting account details here on Nairaland to beg for money are yourbas. Yet their all mighty strategist is in power.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Tohsynetita1: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2023
It's well
Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by shortIGBOman: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Nazgul:

The average Igbo man I wired to adapt and survive in any condition he finds himself. But you see those scar face people, their case is something else.

Go to states like Ekiti, Oyo, Osun...etc, you'll see poverty in all its Glory and splendor. Yet Igbos are their problem.

More than 99% of those posting account details here on Nairaland to beg for money are yourbas. Yet their all mighty strategist is in power.

Na Lie. Every Region of this Country are feeling the heat. I have many Igbo friends who complain more. Go to the East and see how people are suffering. Do you know how much is a Cup of Rice in the EAST?

The cost of living is higher in the East than any part of this Country. Are you saying all Igbo in the EAST are rich?

Most of the beggers on Nairaland are Igbos. Whenever they drop their account numbers without account name, check the account number via any bank app and you will see one Chinedu, Emeka or Ogonna..

Country hard and na all of us dey feel am. No come here dey brag and maybe you never chop food since yesterday sef.

18 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
This is a terrible time to lose one's health. embarassed

These days i don't ignore any message or call for help because I know things are tight and we can only depend on one another to survive cry cry . May God continue to help me to help others

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by HUSTLER001: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yesterday,a friend of mine called to tell me he wanted to sell the POS machine he was using for business. When i went to see him he looked hagard. He'd used up his capital. In short,he told me he hadn't eaten since morning. Men,it's real out there.

6 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by HUSTLER001: 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
As for me,i trekked from ijesha to ojuelegba today. You can guess the reason. I don't even know how i would do tomorrow because my legs are aching already. well,let me stop here. words cannot tell how i'm feeling right now.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:06am On Oct 28, 2023
I dont even know what to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by DawsonCole: 5:54am On Oct 28, 2023
ovalrose:
Sigh.
Two days ago, I used the remaining 600 naira in my hand to make a concoction okro soup that me and my babies ate... When hubby came back, he was so hungry and told me to bring the soup like that, without meat or fish, even pomo nothing inside, let him just eat, that no customer all day...
This is a man that will never eat anyhow food especially if its not garnished with all possible eatables.
I was so pained watching what this economy has reduced us to.. My business has been on standstill since July following high cost of dollar and waybill prices... No be who don chop belle full go talk of buying toy for children?

Today, as I type this, my babies have eaten only once, me I just soaked gari and drank because I don't have anyone to turn to... Everyone is complaining.

I'm just tired and unhappy.. God please help us... If anyone has foodstuffs they can share, please help us.

If you are me, and you want to do a giveaway to "you", how much will you genuinely give "yourself" based on your need?

And I see you said your business is at a standstill, do you have any idea of any "sustainable" business that you can do?

2 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by dahmie2013: 7:47am On Oct 28, 2023
The way you handled the situation with the woman needing transport is the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by cococandy(f): 9:08am On Oct 28, 2023
Just disheartening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Acidosis(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2023
cococandy:
Just disheartening

Extremely embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by doggedfighter(f): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2023
Nazgul:

The average Igbo man I wired to adapt and survive in any condition he finds himself. But you see those scar face people, their case is something else.

Nazgul don vex grin grin grin
Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Nazgul: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2023
doggedfighter:
Nazgul don vex grin grin grin
🥴

1 Like

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by doggedfighter(f): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2023
Never been this bad.

People looking confused.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by jaksmillioniar: 11:21am On Oct 28, 2023
Persephone1:
This is a terrible time to lose one's health. embarassed

These days i don't ignore any message or call for help because I know things are tight and we can only depend on one another to survive cry cry . May God continue to help me to help others
it is well dear

2 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by jaksmillioniar: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2023
Nazgul:

we are all in pains why talk bad about Yoruba u barstard ibo

5 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by lavylilly: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2023
These are the following jobs in Nigeria today
Yahoo
POS
Hookup
Begging
Betting

I haven't begged before but yestti had to beg just to get to Lekki

4 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by lavylilly: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2023
Ashez:
Is well
Even in the well, it's well. I dey owe data, airtime and even rent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by BItt: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2023
lavylilly:

No one wants to be seen as a begger but life happens.
This too shall pass

6 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by UnfairLife7(m): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
Omo the hardship no be here o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by ovalrose(f): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
DawsonCole:

If you are me, and you want to do a giveaway to "you", how much will you genuinely give "yourself" based on your need?

And I see you said your business is at a standstill, do you have any idea of any "sustainable" business that you can do?

To your first question, my answer is this:
Hmm... If I were to do giveaway to myself based on my needs, I'd say 70k. It definitely won't cover everything, but it will go soooo far to get us foodstuffs and medicated glasses and drugs for my mom.

To your second question, my answer is this:
Foodstuff sales. Basic necessities like rice, beans, red oil, onions, crayfish, corn and gari.

These particular foodstuffs are used in different ways in making at least one meal or another every blessed day in 100 percent of Nigerian homes.
And people eat every day. Even if its 500 naira sales in one day, its something. I sell children toys and kitchen appliances but it's who has food in their stomach first will talk of buying airfryer or set of glass plates, right?

But the gari I sip at least once a day? Now that's a necessity! How many more like me are taking it the way I am, if 10 people buy 50 gari from me in a day, that's 500! That's sustainable! It's a forever need! Then other foodstuffs as well. Its worth starting, if I had the means to.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by invinzible1: 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
lavylilly:
These are the following jobs in Nigeria today
Yahoo
POS
Hookup
Begging
Betting

Just be lying that you begged
Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by 234GT(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Nice2023:
I wonder the kind of country we are in now,people are going through hell on earth. Day before yesterday,I and my wife went to the hospital for antenatal checkup...as my wife entered to take some lectures,it didn't take long when some guys started begging for some money to take care of their needs and the worst part is that,after the fellow left I moved to another section of the hospital,a woman with her daughter whom after getting her bills still walked straight to me that she needed #1,500 to complete her bills and that she told them to reduce the cost and the cashier refused and I wondered how she would ask them to reduce the bills for her drugs just to have some balance.

After her explanation,I had to offer some help to pay
her bills.

Yesterday,I was at the mechanic to fix my wife's car,I met all the mechanic some sleeping,while some gisting about the last match. Lo and behold,after some time,one of the mechanic whispered to me that he had not eaten since morning and that was around 1pm and he started lamenting that things have gone bad and I joined him nodding my head in response. And he asked me,that hope Wike is not going to demolish their village houses,that he was very worried about it.

Today,I just parked some where around Central area here in Abuja just to wait and pick my wife up,someone met me where j parked and begged to help him to eat...I asked him how much he needed and he said, just 300 naira. I was shocked and surprised at the same time.

Additional,at around federal mininistry of finance I stopped by to buy cold drink and a woman begged me to join me to stop any where along the road and she even lamented to me how the cost of transport is affecting their finances.

I just had to open up to the woman that I am not going her way and she kept begging me,I had to ask the aboki to pls,give the madam my 300naira balance.

My people,the country and the people especially the poor are bleeding oh...help as much u can and pls,do it irrespective of tribe...all of these people weren't my tribe that I can say,but it doesn't mean my tribal people are not feeling the heat and begging some where too.

It is simply bad out there.

May God help us all.

Nobody is suffering in Nigeria. Everybody is enjoying their lives. There is money everywhere. Anybody complaining is not an APC member. APC members are enjoying and cashing out big time
Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by DyingFetus: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
A lot of people don't want to let go

They prefer to keep suffering for nothing, in the end you're gonna be a goner with nothing

Nothing matters here

If you have the chance , you should kys

2 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by spencekat(m): 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
Na so one of our neighbours carry moni wey we be give am for estimated bill make him go pay,go treat e mama wey no well.

6 Likes

Re: People Are Going Through Bad Times. by Nice2023(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
spencekat:
Na so one of our neighbours carry moni wey we be give am for estimated bill make him go pay,go treat e mama wey no well.

This one bad gan....kai Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Ok? / Mother Vs Wife / (photo) Oni Of Ife New Queen, Friends Exposed Are Dirty Runz Via An Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.