Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time (55770 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / Married At 13, Mother Of 8 At 27: How Enugu Teenager Finally Escaped A Hell. / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
My friend is currently going through a divorce in the UK and having a hell of a time. His wife mounted as many allegations on him as possible during separation - domestic violence, marital rape, child abuse, drugs and alcohol use, adultery, forgery just to name a few. He had to leave the house. He has moved to a room in a shared house and now even struggling to pay the rent. He does not see his kids anymore (not by choice). He is very broke and in debt because of all that is going on. He can no longer afford a lawyer. He feels so powerless, helpless and hopeless that he cannot fight most of what his wife is putting him through in court. He represents himself these days.

He has stopped looking after himself and is always looking sad . He also lost his job due to his arrest and all the drama. He was arrested because he tried to go see his kids at his former home and his wife called the police that she was afraid of him and that he had come to harass her. Police arrested him even without any traces of any harassment. Note that he moved out of the family house voluntarily thinking that the period of separation would ease tension between him and his wife.

I always feel sad seeing him in this state and just wish that he could recover and bounce back. He is considering moving back to Nigeria.

Have you gone through divorce in the UK or do you know anyone who has? What was the experience and what advice would you give someone going through this?

Thank you.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Herbiodun09: 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2023
Is the wife Nigerian?

235 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by olabrinks(f): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
Because he is your friend, you have painted him to be the victim. Are these allegations or did he actually commit all these things listed? What exactly pushed the wife to divorce him and are there any ways they can reconcile, because it’s going to be a very very long battle for him starting afresh.

197 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by xavuv: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
Eehhya, pele oo bros. Suck it up and move on. Your kids will find you. These days, your favorite person can turn to a monster in no time

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by mployer(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2023
olabrinks:
Because he is your friend, you have painted him to be the victim. Are these allegations or did he actually commit all these things listed? What exactly pushed the wife to divorce him and are there any ways they can reconcile, because it’s going to be a very very long battle for him starting afresh.

You women has no iota of sympathy in you.

You are wicked down to every fiber of your being, reason I don't loose guard when dealing with women. I always prepare for the worst and stay one step ahead in the game.

Hakimi remains a hero.

1146 Likes 103 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2023
This is part of japa effect he should be strong and all are temporary challenge which he going to overcome. Tell him to brace up are look for another work

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by ahnie: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2023
Things are happening o.
Semi docile in naija,powerful in the abroad.
Their 6tem really favours my gender.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
LIES LIES LIES ! Don't believe this t. wat, this story has already been run, check travel section, the OP copied and past a thread of 2021 as a new thread only to garner attention, this is an attention seeking mofo on rampage
Check this link, the original thread by Asunder

https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/6448238/how-did-survive-divorce-uk?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfoLUqCm8o_0mNio

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? - Travel - Nairaland By ASUNDER

@IyaTola change course, Thread is dead 💀 on arrival! THREAD CLOSED!

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
Heathrow44:
LIES LIES LIES ! Don't believe this t. wat, this story has already been run, check travel section, the OP copied and past a thread of 2021 as a new thread only to garner attention, this is an attention seeking mofo on rampage

https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/6448238/how-did-survive-divorce-uk?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfoLUqCm8o_0mNio

You are Nigeria with no power supply
Oppressed by Police
You suffering unemployment and you want to ban me in Australia,
Go ahead ban me!!!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
IyaTola:
Oppressed by Police
Go ahead ban me!!!

shameless of u, taking someone else's story and posing as ur own, the least u could av done was quote the original writer of the story @ASUNDER, this story is not ur own but of course u are too shameless, u take someone's story. edit it, remove things and add urs and post it as brand new story from you, how low can u be, the same character is what u re in real life, a backstabbing, reap where I did not sow, reap other people's labour, a thief of intellectual property and a pirate, a con man , u re nothing but a thief without the gun 🔫

@Mynd44 Rule No 6, 8, and most especially no 14 broken

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by olabrinks(f): 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2023
mployer:

You are wicked down to every fiber of your being. Reason I don't loose guard when dealing with women, I always prepare for the wost and stay one step ahead in the game.

Hakimi remains a hero.
if he has committed adultery, physically violent, drug addict.. you don’t think that’s enough to divorce?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2023
IyaTola:
Oppressed by Police
Go ahead ban me!!!

u re in Australia, u should know better!

14 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Rubyjade: 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
Na wa o
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by seanwilliam(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
olabrinks:
I like you very much. You no Dey even shame to show the world how wicked you are.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by seanwilliam(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
olabrinks:
if he has committed adultery, physically violent, drug addict.. you don’t think that’s enough to divorce?
gbenu e soun joor, ozizo.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2023
In situations like this, the account of only only one party is nothing close to sufficient. That it's coming from you sef and not him means it's a biased, third-party account, which is obvious throughout your post. The woman must have her own side of the story and could perhaps be the victim in all of these. In these cases, it's always best to hear from both parties and do your due diligence in determining the truth before taking sides.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by sisisioge: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

Pls paste the links again, I want to go read the outcome of the divorce. This is not working as is. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by McStoic(m): 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2023
olabrinks:

Why do most of you women support your fellow women when
any marital issues comes up? Everyone knows how bad and unfair Western laws are meant to favour women even when they're at fault

This kind of story has been told several times and most times the women use their advantage unfairly. Say the truth, if your own blood brother is kicked out of a home he sweated for or made not to see his kids just like that, will you support it?

It's the same UK that a man can be jailed and punished simply because a woman raised an unverified allegation against him. The West need to look into these things sha...

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
sisisioge:

Pls paste the links again, I want to go read the outcome of the divorce. This is not working as is. Thanks.

Search ASUNDER on your page

or Search How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? - Travel - Nairaland

In the travel section

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by olabrinks(f): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
McStoic:

Why do most of you women support your fellow women when
any marital issues comes up? Everyone knows how bad and unfair Western laws are meant to favour women even when they're at fault

This kind of story has been told several times and most times the women use their advantage unfairly. Say the truth, if your own blood brother is kicked out of a home he sweated for or made not to see his kids just like that, will you support it?

It's the same UK that a man can be jailed and punished simply because a woman raised an unverified allegation against him. The West need to look into these things sha...
I understand what you’re saying but in 90% of cases, women don’t just react like this for no reason. A woman can never kick out a man just because she feels like it. Is he a chronic cheat? Is he physically/ emotionally abusive? Is he a drug addict? Is he lazy and financially incompetent? A lot of women cannot stand the trauma that come with these things. Peace and sanity is underrated. There’s a pattern with a lot of divorcee men, check them well and you will see where the problem lies.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
i will always say that they deserve everything they gt from that "supposed" animal. many people out there are too focussed on staying married even when its clear that their partner is an evil toxic animal....now that person shows you pepper, and you are here playing confused person!

here is a simple solution: DIVORCE THE ANIMAL AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE (ALIVE AND WELL)!

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by JovialJune(f): 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

In the travel section

Thank you jare, very nonsense Op.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by sisisioge: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

In the travel section

Ok...thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by efficiencie(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
IyaTola:
It's good that he suffering this. He will become wise. Never in his life will be stupid again and submit his life to an olosho in the name of marriage. Who no wise must pay school fees. Who no get sense go register for university of sense. The mouth of a strange woman is a deep pit and the abhorred of the LORD falleth therein. He that has a brain let him have sense.

25 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by efficiencie(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
olabrinks:
I understand what you’re saying but in 90% of cases, women don’t just react like this for no reason. A woman can never kick out a man just because she feels like it. Is he a chronic cheat? Is he physically/ emotionally abusive? Is he a drug addict? Is he lazy and financially incompetent? A lot of women cannot stand the trauma that come with these things. Peace and sanity is underrated. There’s a pattern with a lot of divorcee men, check them well and you will see where the problem lies.

Strange women do these things and even worse. Strange women, olosho incorporated, are capable of every evil under the sun. They can cook up all manner of false charges to spite anyone. The strange woman has leveraged the laws of the West to finish the man and he deserves it. Men deserve their wives because they chose their wives based on their desires. And if your desires are immensely stupid you can expect the result of these desires to lead to catastrophe. I only hope he doesn't commit suicide. He should count all his losses as school fees, the price he needs to pay to learn the lesson he should have learned before getting married, move out of the UK to escape prison and restart his life afresh. If he survives this he will become a better mentor for others who are entering marriage as a compound fool but if he is overwhelmed by this and succumbs to depression then it is such a shame.

26 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Mimicle101: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lol

Women.

Look at there responses. Defence defence Defence.

I will keep on saying it.

I will fear anyone who does not fear Woman.

Talk about heartless and wickedness, men stands no chance because Woman are much better.

A supposedly loving sweet wife changes immediately there is a child in the house. The supposed love they have for there husband dies an immediate death. All the love, respect and affection is automatically transferred to the kids. And the man becomes worthless.

And then if (the man no longer have money or provide like he used to) then their true nature will start showing up.
You see Woman loves money, stability, materials more than there Husband.

God help Us!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by McStoic(m): 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
olabrinks:

My dear speak for yourself. There are wicked women from Hell. The cannot be appeased. The same way you feel the women are innocent there are also many men who innocent

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Thortp(m): 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
Every man should read this your comment and have peace.
I like your courage bro 👍
mployer:

You are wicked down to every fiber of your being. Reason I don't loose guard when dealing with women, I always prepare for the wost and stay one step ahead in the game.

Hakimi remains a hero.

21 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Gilgil: 1:11am On Apr 17, 2023
I thought that when someone is having a hell of a time, it means he is seriously enjoying himself

15 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by thesicilian: 2:25am On Apr 17, 2023
If I were in his shoes I'd move back to Nigeria or another state in Europe.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Marriage List Requirements For A Bride In Imo State (Photo) / The Woman My Husband Impregnated Is My Elder Sister / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.