Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,620 members, 7,847,600 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

How Do I Respond? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Respond? (437 Views)

How Will You Respond To This As A Nigerian Mother? / Put Yourself In A Woman's Position And Respond To This Poser Below: / As A Man How Would You Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Respond? by Transformer777: 12:26am On Oct 29, 2023
All my life, I've been an "inside boy" so socializing isn't my strongest skill. Recently, I met a girl in school who I'm interested in. She's cool and apparently a good person. We've been talking for a while now, and she seems to be interested in me too. But lately, she's casually mentioned breasts in our conversations, which is kind of awkward for me. I've never had a conversation that led to that point with anyone, and even my guy friends avoid talking like that with me because they know I don't want to. This is probably because of how I was raised.

Now the problem is, how do I respond to similar messages without looking uncool or lame? Someone might ask; "What's your goal when you get her?" I genuinely don't know, I just enjoy talking with her.
Re: How Do I Respond? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:36am On Oct 29, 2023
Let me wait for the advanced learners in Fornication 102; the expert witnesses in the field of Man-Woman Cross-cultural Studies, and the Doctors of Genitalìa Meet-and-Greet to come and answer this. grin
Re: How Do I Respond? by Myer(m): 12:39am On Oct 29, 2023
Transformer777:
All my life, I've been an "inside boy" so socializing isn't my strongest skill. Recently, I met a girl in school who I'm interested in. She's cool and apparently a good person. We've been talking for a while now, and she seems to be interested in me too. But lately, she's casually mentioned breasts in our conversations, which is kind of awkward for me. I've never had a conversation that led to that point with anyone, and even my guy friends avoid talking like that with me because they know I don't want to. This is probably because of how I was raised.

Now the problem is, how do I respond to similar messages without looking uncool or lame? Someone might ask; "What's your goal when you get her?" I genuinely don't know, I just enjoy talking with her.

If you're born-again, let her know and set your boundaries.
You're sending mixed signals.

PS: Be careful what you're willing to sacrifice/lose just to be cool." You're set apart for a reason. Know the reason, cos you're not like every one else, if you're a child of God.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Respond? by dawnomike(m): 12:40am On Oct 29, 2023
Transformer777:

Just be yourself and remain yourself till you're comfortable gisting about some stuffs in life. #NoPressure

1 Like

Re: How Do I Respond? by Mjshexy(f): 3:10am On Oct 29, 2023
How old are you if i may ask

1 Like

Re: How Do I Respond? by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Oct 29, 2023
Transformer777:
How old are you? Please at least pick up a book on how to socialize without being creepy about it before you approach this gal again. Wetin be she casually mentioned breasts? We all have breasts abeg, so no need to hyperfocus on the mention of breasts. If you are uncomfortable, there are ways to deal from subtly changing the subject to asking her to be specific so you don't end up seeming like some sort of pervert or creep. undecided

Pick up and read books on development of social intelligence skills abeg before you go on. Also, realize that the best kind of cool is the "Be yourself," kind. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Respond? by Carcholce: 6:26am On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How old are you? Please at least pick up a book or how to socialize without being creepy about it before you approach this gal again. Wetin be she casually mentioned breasts? We all have breasts abeg, so no need to hyperfocus on the mention of breasts. If you are uncomfortable, there are ways to deal from subtly changing the subject or asking her to be specific so you don't end up seeming like some sort of pervert or creep. undecided

Pick up and read books on development of social intelligence skills abeg before you go on. Also, realize that the best kind of cool is the "Be yourself," kind. undecided

Honest question wey OP ask nai you begin call am perv or creep. All these women know what they are doing. The lady is setting a trap for the OP to fall into. A very naive man like the OP is what most women like to associate with. I had a friend in university that was always hunting for virgin guys. If She notices a guy is very naive and a virgin, she’ll do anything to disvirgin the guy. A complete turn on for her.

If the OP wasn’t socially awkward, the next line of communication would have been show me your brexx. I want to see it. From there …….. !!

Happy Sunday Kobojunkie!

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Respond? by folake4u(f): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Let me wait for the advanced learners in Fornication 102; the expert witnesses in the field of Man-Woman Cross-cultural Studies, and the Doctors of Genitalìa Meet-and-Greet to come and answer this. grin

Mango, WTF.🤣🤣🤣

What da hell is genitalîa meet-and-greet?

You're so creative with words though. I give you hand.
Re: How Do I Respond? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:45am On Oct 29, 2023
folake4u:
Mango, WTF.🤣🤣🤣

What da hell is genitalîa meet-and-greet?

You're so creative with words though. I give you hand.

😂😂😂
Re: How Do I Respond? by BItt: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
Myer:

If you're born-again, let her know and set your boundaries.
You're sending mixed signals.

PS: Be careful what you're willing to sacrifice/lose just to be cool." You're set apart for a reason. Know the reason, cos you're not like every one else, if you're a child of God.

God bless you.

Op don't mind this person o.
Its perfectly normal to be attracted to the opposite sex while you are young and unmarried.
Its also your choice to make sexual efforts. When next you are with each other, try to hold her hands and look her in the eyes...
She's going to leave you if you don't act.

Women except men to take the lead and act first. There is no special end goal between two attracted opposite sex otter than SEX, she knows and you know
Re: How Do I Respond? by folake4u(f): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
Magnoliaa:

😂😂😂

Werey olohun.
Re: How Do I Respond? by Purvan(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2023
Seek therapy before you do something you'll regret
Re: How Do I Respond? by lilvicky68(m): 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2023
what do you mean by casually mention breast?
Re: How Do I Respond? by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Carcholce:
Honest question wey OP ask nai you begin call am perv or creep.
All these women know what they are doing. The lady is setting a trap for the OP to fall into.
■ A very naive man like the OP is what most women like to associate with.
■ I had a friend in university that was always hunting for virgin guys. If She notices a guy is very naive and a virgin, she’ll do anything to disvirgin the guy. A complete turn on for her.
■ If the OP wasn’t socially awkward, the next line of communication would have been show me your brexx. I want to see it. From there …….. !! Happy Sunday Kobojunkie!
1. Where exactly do you have me calling OP a creep or a perv? My response was instead to help prevent him from seeming like one. undecided

2. This kain thinking is what makes many people -- including men--- conclude that many of you are nothing but pervs and creeps. lipsrsealed

3. Ever considered instead that maybe some of the women say these things to sound you lot out... learn what it is that consumes your thoughts and mental? An intelligent individual would intelligently handle such a situation but an empty brain would almost always conclude it a trap and still fall for it. Does that make sense? undecided

In this day and age we still have people who think it is some sort of exam when the word "breast" is mentioned. Which kain yeye thinking be that one? undecided

4. Rubbish! undecided

5. Op can read books to learn how not to be socially awkward in order to develop many of the social skills he claims to lack abeg. Stop making up excuses! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of Commitment To Your Relationship: Not Only You*see Why... / Best Quote Against Rape / Imported Baby Wears..sold Cheaply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.