Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) (42775 Views)

Fire Breaks Out At National Assembly Building, Guts Several Documents (photos) / ‘7 Wells Drilled In Bida Basin Show Signs Of Oil’ - Ramatu Yar’Adua / Massive Crowd Welcomes Osinbajo To Aba And Enugu (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by HopeSpencer: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2023
Monsignor22:

The Nigerian government under their wicked Military commissions thought they could absolutely crush everything about Igboland including our potentials when they ceded several parts of Alaigbo to other parts of Nigeria, including the Oyel rich parts of Igboland; all to delineate and sap us from any mineral and natural resources. But GOD PASS THEM, in their haste to perpetuate wickedness they forgot Gas and Green energy will be the future one day, now the oil has brought more curse than good to Nigeria, Oyel isn't an attractive commodity on the global market anymore...na gas dey reign now and we have mega-tons of that sitting under the earth of Igboland, keep your oyel and drown in it while you impoverish the Niger Delta regions that own it...we will keep our gas and harness it for the sole development of Igboland.

The underground gas reserve that's giving your landlocked region erection, we will siphone it back to Gombe state where it originally came from.

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Miracle2020: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2023
kettykings:

God really loves igbos .
and he denied them water?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Charly68: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2023
Very blessed nation with visionless leaders... can you.imagine that people are sit ting atop of natural resources unknowingly.. it was drinking of borehole that exposed this one now.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Pakute: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2023
Young042galaxy:

The data is everywhere online.
Just make use of ur phone and data for educative purpose n stop unnecessary blind argument.

shame no dey catch all of una, none of you can paste the official data here.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SpatialKing(m): 9:05am On Oct 30, 2023
JagabanB:

U see how u all continue to f00I urselves?
Individuals as well as Governments can apply for license to build modular as well as standard refineries, but since lgb0s are so timid to do that, the best thing to do is blame FG, the average lgb0 prefer spending millions on marriage and burial ceremony instead of building something like this and u will come back to blame FG.

Can individual build an LNG plant?

Do you know even know what is LNG

Nigeria has only one LNG plant and that is in Bonny island

We are talking about LNG plant you are mentioning modular refineries

Do you know how many modular refineries are in the South east already especially in Abia and Imo State..
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Maj196(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2023
Definitely methane gas
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Mbanda(m): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2023
ruggedtimi:
There is politics in nigeria geology..the north is rich in oil and the east in gas. But they are milking south south dry making us believe na only us dey blessed with oil/gas
The bolded is exactly what is on board. The Nigerian state has been doing the people of SS what we call the more you look, the less you see. Am happy there are people like you (though few) who now see the true picture.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Bloomfrancs03(m): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2023
This is second time this kind of thing is happening in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by emekajacobogbon(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2023
Nonny95:
Drilling of deep Wells in search of water in Enugwu must be stopped immediately until d state govt sets in place sound engineering & geological protocols to foreclose unintended release of gas. The safety of people & environment must be guaranteed by govt.

Simple equipment for remote sensing can tell what is underground without much ado
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by yahoodetector: 9:29am On Oct 30, 2023
samsard:
Small gas fire and you people are already up in arms about being endowed and self-sufficient. LOL. I was told something like that happened in my village in Benue State. There's minerals all over Nigeria. Banditry is thriving partly because of those.

Where in your village? Liar!!

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by bigiyaro(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2023
kettykings:
The south east is on another level. igbo land doesn't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever.
I hope the governor will use this and power Africa .

The energy God imbeded in igbo land is enough to power Africa and the rest of the world. We don't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever
Igbo people dey try, just that most of them have PhDs and are very unwelcoming to outsiders.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by yahoodetector: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2023
HopeSpencer:

The underground gas reserve that's giving your landlocked region erection, we will siphone it back to Gombe state where it originally came from.

Continue crying! cheesy cheesy grin >: tongue tongue
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SWaccomodator: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2023
sirblend:

Now you commented base on emotions...

Common sense should have let you ask for the cause of the fire instead of talking about bîâfrâ and separation.

Gas deposits oga
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by RevolverOcelot(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2023
Did they drill into hell?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

Can individual build an LNG plant?

Do you know even know what is LNG

Nigeria has only one LNG plant and that is in Bonny island

We are talking about LNG plant you are mentioning modular refineries

Do you know how many modular refineries are in the South east already especially in Abia and Imo State..
I don't know what an LNG plant is.
So individuals can't gather wealth to build a plant?
Your state governments can't build a plant too?
I thought u folks said u are all billionaires in SE, so u don't have the funds to finance such a project with all your billionaire noise?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by stankezzy: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2023
The owner of the bore hole and d drillers no get sense, why can't he open gas refill center there, cap d well and start selling his gas with out any one knowing, then he will be giving d king , d drillers some percentage from d sales ,that is how it is done in d north ,all d gold and currently lithium found in d north d money enters into individual pockets with little percentage given to some people
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Slurity(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2023
kettykings:
The south east is on another level. igbo land doesn't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever.

The energy God imbeded in igbo land is enough to power Africa and the rest of the world. We don't need Nigeria for anything whatsoever
This illusion of chest beating is the reason the igbo land struggle to lead in many areas. no region in Nigeria that is not blessed. but shouting it to the world is not what you have to do to prove a point. Ask yourself why south east generate the poorest internal revenue in all southern region

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SoNature(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

Exactly

Oguta and Ohaji/Egbama combined in Imo have the largest natural gas deposit in Africa...

The fear of Igbo advancing and getting wealthy has stopped them from Constructing LNG plant in Imo State...

They are already doing that.

Stop playing victim all the time.

It's annoying!
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SoNature(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2023
JagabanB:

I thought u folks said u are all billionaires in SE, so u don't have the funds to finance such a project with all your billionaire noise?

You cannot. Natural resources are on the exclusive list. That's why people are calling for restructuring and resource control. You must have an FG license for that.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by samsard(m): 10:17am On Oct 30, 2023
yahoodetector:

Why in your village? Liar!!
Lie because I live on the internet to impress your father?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 10:18am On Oct 30, 2023
SoNature:

You cannot. Natural resources are on the exclusive list. That's why people are calling for restructuring and resource control. You must have an FG license for that.
I am not telling u who will own the natural resources, I am telling you about industries that will be licensed to convert natural resources to finished products, most of the natural resources in Nigeria are converted to finished products by private owned industries and companies, the companies and industries that will convert them is what I am saying ur state governments and private individuals should come up and establish, u can't tell me there's a rule that prohibits private individuals and state governments from getting the license to operate as the government stipulates to convert natural resources to finished products.
Same government has been calling for investors to come and invest in the conversion of lithium (a natural resource) to finished product.
Whatever company you are operating needs a license, approach the government and get your license.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Bigkoko: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2023
Hush hush ....

kettykings:

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by Bigkoko: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2023
Niger Delta is gone. That's why most IOCs divested so they won't be held responsible when a hot headed and sane leader comes in.

YourKarma:

While Zamfara's gold belongs to Zamfara and the North alone.

No be una I dey blame, I blame SSers who allow themselves to be so used by this shithole in exchange for pittance.
My uncle owns a company that handles oil spill cleanup for some large oil exploration coys and, before I left the country, I used to accompany them to sites. I wept for the Niger Delta
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by SpatialKing(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2023
JagabanB:

How can individuals build LNG plant?
Do you what you are saying at all

Is it individuals that built bonny LNG?
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by JagabanB: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2023
SpatialKing:

How can individuals build LNG plant?
Do you what you are saying at all

Is it individuals that built bonny LNG?
How can individuals build?
I thought u all said u people are all billionaires?
Billionaires can't team up to build LNG plant?
The initial comment I replied said FG won't allow SE to develop has plants, then I said if FG is not doing it, private individuals and state governments should do it by applying for operational license, if this is too difficult for u to understand, then I am sorry, I shouldn't be talking with you
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by MrEverest(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Even lagos... it's an underrated oil States..

Years ago in my house in lagos... our water from the tap was bringing out emulsion.. you can see like oil spill on the water coming from the ground.. it happened for months and stopped...

Nigeria is blessed

Lol, what Lagos has is brackish seawater. Due to the swampy nature of the areas, they often seep into Wells and boreholes. That's why their water is always salty and hard. And needs to be treated before it can be used.

However, in some areas like Epe, pipelines from the Niger Delta also pass there. Sometimes they're exposed and people will be doing bunkering there. There is no oil nor gas in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by MrEverest(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2023
JagabanB:

How can individuals build?
I thought u all said u people are all billionaires?
Billionaires can't team up to build LNG plant?
The initial comment I replied said FG won't allow SE to develop has plants, then I said if FG is not doing it, private individuals and state governments should do it by applying for operational license, if this is too difficult for u to understand, then I am sorry, I shouldn't be talking with you

Somethings are on the so-called exclusive list. You can't just wake up and indulge in them except federal government grants permition. Meanwhile, Igbo an owned oil service company is building a massive gas plant in Assa.
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by mdimefields: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2023
Monsignor22:

The Nigerian government under their wicked Military commissions thought they could absolutely crush everything about Igboland including our potentials when they ceded several parts of Alaigbo to other parts of Nigeria, including the Oyel rich parts of Igboland; all to delineate and sap us from any mineral and natural resources. But GOD PASS THEM, in their haste to perpetuate wickedness they forgot Gas and Green energy will be the future one day, now the oil has brought more curse than good to Nigeria, Oyel isn't an attractive commodity on the global market anymore...na gas dey reign now and we have mega-tons of that sitting under the earth of Igboland, keep your oyel and drown in it while you impoverish the Niger Delta regions that own it...we will keep our gas and harness it for the sole development of Igboland.
Una too talk. chochochocho all the time. Cant we just be qiuet sometimes and comment intelligently rather than this too much bragging. Yes Igboland is blessed, which is why we must resist Simon EKpa who is determined to turn South East to a war zone.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by MrEverest(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2023
stankezzy:
The owner of the bore hole and d drillers no get sense, why can't he open gas refill center there, cap d well and start selling his gas with out any one knowing, then he will be giving d king , d drillers some percentage from d sales ,that is how it is done in d north ,all d gold and currently lithium found in d north d money enters into individual pockets with little percentage given to some people

Layman grin grin grin
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by afube: 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
[quote author=ObaaOfYorubaLan post=126690879][/quote]

Na so..........those wey no like am.......can jump into their lagoon!!!!
Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by afube: 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
Princezibk:
Dey play ! And you guys are embedded with poverty until majority of you relocate to south west especially Lagos ,,, then your lives witness a unique turn around 🤣🤣🤣

You wanted one Nigeria abi? One Nigeria you will get until we dissolve the useless union!

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks-Out While A Borehole Was Being Drilled In Enugu (Picture) by afube: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
JagabanB:

What is stopping lgb0s and your Governments from doing so?
Loud mouthed folks as usual.

bloody hypocrites.........Ojota activist by day..., Fulani sympathizer by night...!! we know you people wella! ndi restructuring! oya go and restructure make we see! One thing is certain,the days of stealing resources from other peoples are gone! If you want to take Igbo gas and oil...go and negotiate with ESN! no freebies anymore!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NBC Query Letter To Channels TV Over Ortom Interview / Governor Adeleke Attends Davido’s Timeless Concert In Lagos (Video) / Fayose Thanks APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.