Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment (8687 Views)

Egypt Court Orders Youtube Blocked For A Month / The Last Testament Of Muammar Ghadaffi (last Speech On Tv) / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by BlackLibya: 2:49am On Oct 26, 2011
chinese society structured differently from nigerian society. while their's is a collectivist society that subjects everyone to strict comformity (most times, againt the wish of the people), ours is an individualist society where being unique as a person is encouraged. if it is the "chinese" government, then there's absolutely nothing there to admire or emulate. chikena!

Really? Where did nigerians get the idea of an individual society from?

I could have sworn there was an african proverb: It takes a village to raise a child

Well in Western society they have their own proverb: Touch my child I sue you
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by linkin8k(m): 6:58am On Oct 26, 2011
But seriously, the rate of failure in WAEC, NECO is getting out of hand. Kids ain't just serious anymore.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by TRUTHTELA: 7:30am On Oct 26, 2011
It is so amusing ti hear pple tlk abt china overtaking the US. Can smone tell me one thing China has ever invented ? IBM, APPLE, GM,GE, Coca-cola ,etc .are all US firms. What u are witnessing is nothing but the dynamics of GLOBALISATION & it is not sustainable. Businesses taking the advantages of cheap chinese labors does not mean they av overtaking the US. Do your research china is alwz begging US for technological transfer & China only steals technology. There is nothing to admire in them. They keep supressing their people & the people will soon explode like the Arabs.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by kayalla(f): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2011
veun:

how does going to talent show make students fail in exams? Is it all the students that failed waec,neco,etc that went for the talent shows?!?
its not all the students that failed waec,neco,etc that went for the talent shows, but those who didnt go for the talent show will be watching.

i see sence in wat the Chinese Govt re doing, wat children know these days scares me.

so many things that go on tv's should be resticted abeg.!!!
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by ChuckD2(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2011
i'm saying it and i'll keep saying it. the problem with nigeria is simple but attempting to solve it is the difficult aspect.

the current system cannot work. if anyone thinks he/she can retain the current system with the attitudes in it and "mend" it, woosai! that'll be an impossibility. obasonjo can almost ga. gave us an idea how a solution can be implemented, but he had his weakness - he too was corrupt and faced the resistance mechanism of the system.

now let me present my ideas. the failed system has developed a tough resistance machine that is anti-change and anti-progress. in the civil service to begin (this is where the "people" are found), they frustrate anyone they percieve have a positive attitude and try to force them to comformity. the first thing you learn is the civil service slogan: "no kill your self for the job. the only thing wey dem go give you na one minute silence and e no go even complete sef".

for those in government, thats another issue but i digress so "WHAT IS THE WAY FORWARD?" to usurp the system by force, to be continued
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by HENSTACY: 9:02am On Oct 26, 2011
children are known to be very observant and curious, prevent the child from watching certain things,he will surely find a way.just know that a child that will be responsible will definitley be,
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by SHABZ: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2011
if u restrict the entertainment shows on local tv stations,what about those with cable networks in their homes? its just like preventing a teenager from socializing with the opposite sex during secondary school days,when d teenager becomes an undergraduate,he/she becomes a keziah(sharer of goodies). Its entirely up to the parents to regulate the access their kids have to tv,not the government
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by naira2011(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2011
Olodostein:

You make a lot of sense. As you stressed, it shows that our problems in Nigeria is very very fundamental.   The question is, where and how do we start?  Because we do not know where we stand. Everything is hanging in the balance.

You mentioned the three most important functions of a society: Political, Economic and Social. It needs broad and in depth analysis to decipher the best systems that suits us.

The kind of democracy we are practising in Nigeria is elite democracy introduced to us by the WEST and only will make the top people wealthy and leave masses suffering. We should have just one thing in mind that we cannot accept any government ruling model from the WEST and work for us, you know why once we are independent and not running to them then they will start having problems.

First of all, we need to pass into law as a basic human right of every Nigerian to have 3 things: Food, Clothes and Shelter whether you are working or not you must be provided for with all these resources. Once we can achieved that then we can now sit down to create different models that is suitable for our needs not adopting western economic models that is crippling third world economy. It is a job for some people specifically employed by the western governments to create economic and trading policies that will serve as a barrier to development in third world countries economy, that is why they will always preaching democracy to interfere in our government policies.

My next contribution will highlight some thought and also I will like to read from people's opinion as well.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2011
It is so amusing ti hear pple tlk abt china overtaking the US. Can smone tell me one thing China has ever invented ? IBM, APPLE, GM,GE, Coca-cola ,etc .are all US firms. What u are witnessing is nothing but the dynamics of GLOBALISATION & it is not sustainable. Businesses taking the advantages of cheap chinese labors does not mean they av overtaking the US. Do your research china is alwz begging US for technological transfer & China only steals technology. There is nothing to admire in them. They keep supressing their people & the people will soon explode like the Arabs.

Why do we like to console ourselves by being in perpetual denial? Globalization is one thing but the fact remains that Asian kids are topping in subjects like Maths and other Sciences.

Chinese engineering companies are building sophisticated railway systems in the USA. The military is growing and inventing their own powerful hardware's. They have one of the best schools in the world. They launch their own satellites, built one of the largest dams in the world. You talk about technology transfer, the last time I checked, most developed countries do this. BA systems and Boeing share technology. Brazil and France did the same and many more.

Is it easy to do Re-engineering? How many have we done? Americans and their western counterparts are beginning to learn mandarin. The Chinese are becoming pace setters in research. Why do you think reputable commentators are calling this century, the Chinese century? China has always been an ingenious society. Their Ancient civilization and philosophical systems are a testament.

If many prominent commentators and Economists have acknowledged these fundamental changes, then who are we not to? It is well, let us continue to live in our fleeting illusion by denying reality and facts.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by hajifaty: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
Can anyone tell me the reasons behind this by the Chinese Govt? We nigerians should also seek the truth before lashing out on China. If you were brainwashed by the western medias but there should be some common sense left in our skulls.If  you read the article well then you will see the word[b] Harmony[/b]. Since the beginning of China rapid economy growth majority of Chinese has lost their sense of human and all what they want is money,cars,houses and other luxurious things. How would u feel if you found a 1 or 2 year old kid hit by a car and nobody care to take her to the hospital and another car came from nowhere and hit her again in front of many passerby  until a lady took her to the hospital. This is a hot topic in China and this was the reason why the Chinese govt are trying to promote morality programs.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by Gbenge77(m): 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
Amazing things happen in China.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by offroad: 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
believe it or not china has the true interest of its citizen at heart, shielding its society from the failed capitalism america has propagated with its huge media propaganda while programming, numbing and distracting the masses with all sort of immoral entertainment,(from sex to violence and subliminal gay acceptance messaging, artificial life style etc ) as they pursue their true agenda of would domination, which our govt is blindly following, capitalism is pure greed and dag eat dag world, the modern slavery. man was born communal. what ever happened to been your bothers keeper

PS
believe me it is not only our children this entertainment is affecting but our entire generation, because america is the yard stick for measuring civilization.
i don't blame the Arab world for kicking against that sick and failed system that is now relaying on propaganda for it survival.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by Dsage1: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
@obo-man,if u say teachng technigues,teachers,Govt,bla bla bla as a major causes,is it not dis same teachng technigue dat been using since?Man,its not all dis children dat dnt hav assess to books/home training,its jst dat dey dnt hav enough time to concentrate on der studies.What do expect 4m a boy/girl(18 below)who ve emotionally atch to som1 on FB,watchng indecency movie,spendng his/her precious time in watchng&discusng movie/premiership wit frnds etc.I'm not jst sayng dis but ve seen many studnt like dat despite being restrited by der parents to do all dis at home,dey were sti going to C.Cafe/watch football or movie outside.
Re: China Orders Cutback On Tv Entertainment by sweet9ja: 2:26am On Oct 27, 2011
The general decay in Nigeria cannot be blamed on pop culture and individualism alone.
How about the negetive role imported religions have played in the uprooting of our beautiful and vibrant culture?
Like Chinua Achebe wrote; "They've put a knife in thing that held us together and we've all falling apart".
I believe that in order to move forward, we must go back to being who we really are: Nigerians.
That means reviving our embattled culture and being proud and comfortable with ourselves.
Because a people without a culture is like a body without a soul.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Debate, Round III: Obama V Mccain / Breaking News: Gaddafi Supporters Seized Control Of Bani Walid / Man Aims Gun At Bulgarian Politician At A News Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.