Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account (14860 Views)

Andrew Yakubu: Court Acquits ex-NNPC GMD In Whose House $9.8m Was Found / INEC: Mahmood Yakubu To Handover To Acting Chairman On November 9 / Andrew Yakubu: $9.7m, £74000 Found In My House By EFCC Were Given To Me As Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SoNature(m): 6:38am On Oct 31, 2023
A federal high court in Abuja has ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to transfer $9.8 million and £74,000 recovered from Andrew Yakubu, a former group managing director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), to an account under the control of the chief registrar of the court.

Inyang Ekwo, the presiding judge, on Monday, said he found that the EFCC and CBN had not been forthright concerning the whereabouts of the sums for which the suit was centred.

“Therefore, the proper order to make in this case is that which can assure all parties that the sums are in the custody that can make them retrievable by any of the parties entitled thereto eventually, pending the determination of the appeal lodged by the Federal Government against the decision of a sister court in suit number: FHC/ABJ/CR/43/2017,” NAN quoted Ekwo as saying.

In April, Yakubu sued the CBN, EFCC and Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) over an alleged refusal to release his $9.8 million after a court judgement acquitted him of fraud charges.

On February 3, 2017, operatives of the EFCC raided the property of the former NNPC chief in Kaduna and recovered $9.8 million and £74,000 stashed in a fire-proof safe.

He was alleged to have omitted the monies from the EFCC asset declaration form given to him to fill in 2015.

Yakubu was arraigned before Ahmed Mohammed, a judge, on March 16, 2017, on a six-count charge bordering on money laundering and false declaration of assets.
However, in March 2022, the judge discharged and acquitted Yakubu of the charges.

In the originating summons, marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/231/2023, and filed before Ekwo, Yakubu through his counsel, Ahmed Raji, asked the court to determine whether the EFCC ought to still have in its custody his seized monies after the judgement.

He had prayed to the court for an order directing the defendants to immediately release the monies to him pending the determination of the EFCC’s appeal.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/judge-orders-transfer-of-9-8m-seized-from-ex-nnpc-gmd-to-court-registrars-account/amp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SoNature(m): 6:38am On Oct 31, 2023
Imagine how much ONE man has in his house in cash and the country is crying of FX. Crime runs in the DNA of a typical Nigerian. Even the judge and the prosecutors aren't any different. Perhaps the difference is that they haven't been caught yet.

In fact, news like this reaffirms my strong conviction that nobody is honest until they have been tested with money and power. When people tell me that northerners are honest people, that's the answer I often give them.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Apus: 7:04am On Oct 31, 2023
Who will deliver this country from these hyenas?

How can one man stash $9.8m in his house yet we complain about Naira loosing it's value

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by bonechamberlain(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2023
angry

Corruption and crime in Nigeria has been certified by the SC, hence Yakubu should be given back his money after all Buhari and his gangs of evils recklessly and unconsciously stole 1billion times compared to Yakubu, who even stated that the money were legitimate with the efcc not able to prove otherwise yet his money has not been returned while the Buhari gangs are walking free, some are even turbaned as emir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by richmond500: 7:08am On Oct 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Lovenorth: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2023
Why not to the Nigerian Nigerian government's account? I hope it's not what I am thinking? Even the judges are hungry grin

12 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Wizpa(m): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2023
Just 0.1% of that money given to me right now... I will never go broke in my life again, not even the next generation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by fnep2smooth(m): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2023
We still have a long way to go

I build Crypto Exchange website, investment website, courier website, e-commerce website, NGO or company website.

Hire a pro today.

o7o 316... 3. 3778
WhatsApp me
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Kadejo(m): 7:10am On Oct 31, 2023
G
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Rilwayne001: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2023
These people are so wicked.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by princeade86(m): 7:12am On Oct 31, 2023
Naija. When are we going to get there? Nobody can account for the money recovered since.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by DatNiggaDaz: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2023
The Court wants a share of the said loot. EFCC also wants a share. Yakubu to whom the loot was found in his possesion wants his loot back.

...things like these happens when a nepa Bill certificate holder was made president & a certificate forger continues from where he stopped.

Nothing will come out of this after every party involved carries his own share of loot to his personal bullion van.

The era of Bullion vans hath Set forth over the destiny of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Olarewaju89: 7:12am On Oct 31, 2023
They we loot the money again.

Those people don't fear God at all.

5 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Ballo1292(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2023
Apus:

How can one man stash $9.8m in his house yet the court ruled in his favour. The reason why Corruption fights back & thrives is because our justice system itself is corrupt.

Quick to respond to issues without details review of the matter. Kindly read to understand the order of the court.

Don't be a sycophant. It is for save keeping to be accessible by whom the judgment finally favour.

3 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by emerged01(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2023
9.8million usd

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by BTC946: 7:13am On Oct 31, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Mindlog: 7:13am On Oct 31, 2023
EFCC and CBN may have squandered the money that was supposedly in their custody.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by yankison(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2023
Ha Nigeria ...the court still discharge and acquitted him for the big crime... It is fi ished with Nigeria oo ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Starships4u(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2023
One thing is certain,
Both the judges and the Judged are fantastically Corrupt.
How can you discharge and acquit someone who lied in his asset declaration form?

Like I don't get to say I own a private jet before I get into office, and then when I'm about to leave office the Private Jet appears and yet I say I've owned it before hand...
These judges and all in Nigeria is a pure sorry case....
Buh then, it's well....

Nigeria Our Country....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by jojothaiv(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2023
SoNature:
Imagine how much ONE man has in his house in cash and the country is crying of FX. Crime runs in the DNA of a typical Nigerian. Even the judge and the prosecutors aren't any different. Perhaps the difference is that they haven't been caught yet.

In fact, news like this reaffirms my strong conviction that nobody is honest until they have been tested with money and power. When people tell me that northerners are honest people, that's the answer I often give them.

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Kingray10: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2023
Why would the money be paid to an account under the court registrar .
Court one thief their own too 😂😂😂😂
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by ItisWell22(f): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2023
$9.8 million, inside house; alongside £74,000.

Abeg, how them dey take make this money?
Remember he has been acquitted of the charge of fraud leveled against him.

God help us…

TOPCRUISE:
So the judge that acquitted him in essence is saying he worked for the 9.8 million dollars

My thought exactly!

Which made me ask, “how dem dey take make this kain money?”

Kingray10:
Why would the money be paid to an account under the court registrar .
Court one thief their own too 😂😂😂😂

Judge don tire for the kain sums of money wey him dey pronounce, without seeing or sniffing any of them.

Make him sef kuku touch, after all, he will be acquitted too…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2023
So the judge that first acquitted him in essence is saying that he worked for the $9.8 million and €74000 which is altogether 12 billion naira in his capacity as an NNPC official.
Yet same judge will quickly jail any youngman accused of cyber crime and give thumbs up to the same EFCC.
Any one who says we have a fair judiciary is a complete comedian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by sukkot: 7:16am On Oct 31, 2023
cheesy
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Roboto11: 7:16am On Oct 31, 2023
Make registrar no carry am run o.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SeeItSayIt: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2023
Okay
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by gbengaeed(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2023
Apus:

How can one man stash $9.8m in his house yet the court ruled in his favour. The reason why Corruption fights back & thrives is because our justice system itself is corrupt.

Majority of Nigerians think politicians is our number 1 problem forgetting those one just have 4-8years but you see those unmoveable judge and civil servant they are the epitome of corruption and their children would still join us on this app to shout corruption.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SmartyPants(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2023
Lovenorth:
Why not to the Nigerian Nigerian government's account? I hope it's not what I am thinking? Even the judges are hungry grin

Are you thinking at all?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by stasius: 7:21am On Oct 31, 2023
Apus:

How can one man stash $9.8m in his house yet we complain about Naira loosing it's value

The thing weak person oooh. You can imagine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card / "Buhari's Darkness Has Covered The Glory Of Nigeria" - FFK / FG To Resume Third Mainland Bridge Repair As Other Lagos Bridges Get Facelift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.