Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,550 members, 7,843,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions (301 Views)

Morocco National Team Was Given A Resounding Heroes Welcome / South Africa Wins The 2019 Rugby World Cup (photos, Video) / 2019 AFCON Referee: Sidi Alioum Gets Heroes Welcome In Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by TMKsouth: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
Thousands of fans gathered at Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport to welcome home the four-time Rugby World Cup champion Springboks.

The back-to-back winners landed in South Africa on Tuesday morning along with the hallowed Webb Ellis trophy that has been a focal point of the celebrations so far.

The spirits are high in South Africa as the population celebrates their heroes with President Cyril Ramaphosa even announcing there will be a public holiday in honour of the team (on December 15).

A trophy tour will begin on Thursday with the Springboks taking their prize around the country to show off to their people.

“The tour will start in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Soweto, concluding at FNB Stadium on Thursday, and take in Cape Town (Friday) and Durban (Saturday) before concluding in the Eastern Cape (East London) on Sunday,” South African Rugby said.

Fans showed off their pride by singing and dancing as they patiently waited for their team to burst through the doors and when they did the roof was absolutely blown off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9pIEyntteo?si=IzK1i8Ot2bKbAlN_

The World Cup campaign was gruelling for the Springboks who in the end had to beat all the five other teams in the top six to claim the title.

After losing to Ireland in the Pool Stage there was no hope lost as the team regrouped and pulled out some memorable performances in the knockouts. The Springboks won each of their three knockout games by a single point as they sent France, England and ultimately New Zealand out of the tournament.

It is a moment to saviour for fans and players alike as the great team writes their name in the history of this great game.

2 Shares

Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by TMKsouth: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2023

Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by TMKsouth: 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by Projectwriter0: 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
Alright
Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by EyeCumInPeace: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
If not for Oyibo...
Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by TMKsouth: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
EyeCumInPeace:
If not for Oyibo...

Lol France, England & New Zealand also have oyibo but they failed to win the world cup. They're crying right now like you are😝

2 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by foxman04: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
who the hell is this MF trying to force SA news on us

we don't give a fvck about you xenophobic retArds undecided undecided
Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by aQUINandmore: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
Congrats to TMKsouth, congrats to South Africa and congrats to Africa. I am writing this heartfelt message from Nigeria to express my sincere congratulations to the South Africa national rugby team for their remarkable victory in the Rugby World Cup, clinching their fourth title. Your achievement resonates far beyond the borders of South Africa and carries a powerful message of unity, resilience, and the unwavering spirit of our beloved continent.

In witnessing your incredible success, I am reminded of the importance of solidarity and support for our fellow African nations. Your triumph on the rugby field is a testament to what can be achieved when we stand together, united by a shared dream. It sends a powerful message to the world that Africa is a force to be reckoned with, not only in sports but in all aspects of life.

As a Nigerian, I may not have a rugby tradition like South Africa, but your victory instills a sense of pride and belonging in all of us Africans. It reminds us that we are one, that the success of one nation is a success for all of Africa. It encourages us to support and celebrate each other's achievements, whether on the sports field or in various other endeavors that uplift our continent.

In this moment of celebration, I urge all Africans, beginning from out nairaland people to come together and rally behind our fellow Africans in their endeavors, whether in sports, culture, business, or any other field. Let us be each other's greatest supporters, allies, and champions. Together, we can make Africa shine even brighter on the global stage, abi I lie?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IN PICTURES: SA's Springboks Receive A Heroes Welcome As Rugby World Champions by TMKsouth: 9:53am On Nov 01, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Osimhen Is Absolutely The Right Man! / Nigeria Super Eagles Players Who Are Struggling Financially / How Do I Withdraw My Winnings From Sportybet Without My Registered Mobile Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.