Stats: 3,163,500 members, 7,854,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends (545 Views)

Aboki Fx: Exchange Rate Falls To N993/$1 (Official Rate) / Naira Weakens To N773.4/$ At I&E Window, N905/$ At Parallel Market / Jide Awe: South West Will Produce Next President - APC Chief Tells Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by NLCreator: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
The Nigerian naira tumbled to a record low of N993.83 against the dollar at the investors’ and exporters’ (I&E) window.

The I&E window is the country’s official foreign exchange (FX) trading platform.

The FX rate represents a 25.81 percent depreciation of the local currency from the N789.94 recorded on the last trading day.

Data from FMDQ Securities Exchange, a platform that oversees FX trading in Nigeria, showed that the official window recorded a low of N475 and a high of N998 to the dollar on Monday.

FMDQ said trading opened at N794.70 and closed at the rate of N993.83; adding that the daily FX market turnover totalled $88.31 million.

Meanwhile, at the parallel section of the market, the naira sustained its recent gains, trading at N1,150 to the greenback.

Taiwo Oyedele, chairman of the presidential committee on fiscal policy and tax reforms, had said the federal government plans to introduce new FX rules, including a crackdown on illicit currency trading.

He said the government plans to clear a backlog of dollar demand estimated at about $6.7 billion, bolster the naira forward market, and set transparent rules for the operations of the official market.

On October 23, 2023, Wale Edun, minister of finance and coordinating minister of the economy, said Nigeria expects $10 billion in foreign currency inflows to ease liquidity in the foreign exchange market.

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-falls-to-record-low-at-ie-window-trades-n993

APC CHIEFTAIN BLAMES RUFAI OSENI'S FRIENDS

(start from 11: 29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQHNawMCN0Y?si=FwZTq2g58DLjxaDd

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by Infojames: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
From 1350 ?
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by thewinning101: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
Infojames:
From 1350 ?
From 750.

This is official rate not black market. Black market is still above 1200.

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by Writing44(f): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nigeria is trying to make a useless future for history
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by GanagiBitrus: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2023
So all the Economic Eggheads wey full this country cannot find a solution to this depreciating Naira.

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by wittywriter: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Writing44:
Nigeria is trying to make a useless future for history
GanagiBitrus:
So all the Economic Eggheads wey full this country cannot find a solution to this depreciating Naira.
Those so called coconut heads are all interested in looting.
HODL your savings in USDT....convert all your naira now!

Wittyness.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by lilvicky68(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
APC with their blame game and Propanda.
Una go definitely chop that statistics grin

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by AchrafHakimi: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tinubu the so-called chartered accountant is a scam.
This fraud no know anything jare. There's nothing upstairs. The old frog is an opportunist. He's only good at street level where native tongue and threats work, national governance is not for him.

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by michlins(m): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
politicians are the problem. They save their loot in dollars and sadly not in the banking system

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by Ikaeniyan0: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
Everyone expect this after the forex on 43 items was lifted

I even made the prediction
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by Kukutente23: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

Kudos to APC abi

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by tesppidd: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Economic Egg heads..
😁😁😁
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by HenryTimes: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
Nigeria happens to all of them. If you and I are given the opportunity today, Nigeria will happen to us as well. Remember Babatunde Fashola and the Electricity rocket science grin

GanagiBitrus:

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by Ozommadu: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

You made a prediction to the fall of naira

I think say na only igbos and obedients dey wish Nigeria bad? So agbado people don join?

Hehehe

Seunmsg you never wan leave tribalism and bigotry?
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by Mynd44: 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low N993/$ At I&E Window; APC Chief Blames Rufai's Friends by surgical: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
AchrafHakimi:
Tinubu the so-called chartered accountant is a scam.
This fraud no know anything jare. There's nothing upstairs. The old frog is an opportunist. He's only good at street level where native tongue and threats work, national governance is not for him.
omo you are 100% correct the guy na King of the street but for governance, he is zero ,you can check his records as governor of lagos

Prophecy On Imo Election / Obasanjo Call On President Tinubu To Investigate Buhari’s Government. / Pastor Who Prophesied Against Tinubu Bags Life Imprisonment