Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,828,999 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? (1239 Views)

Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / Why Are Some Christians Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by joyuchesun: 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2011
[b]It seems that with every natural disaster certain Christians rejoice because they believe this is a sign Of Jesus's return. With the recent earthquakes, tsunamis, and hurricanes, there is more of a push towards the belief that we are living in the last days. However, all of these phenomena have been clearly explained by meteorologists. If one takes a second to read it, then there is no need to believe in other silly things that have nothing to do with the current weather pattern or reality. Furthermore, they have been happening for centuries and times have not ended.

What worries me is that instead of helping those who have been killed, injured, or displaced as a result of natural disasters, some Christians are ignoring them and hoping for more disaster which will help them in their end of days propoganda.

By all means there are Christians who help their fellow man, but this obsession with end days and earthquakes as well as other natural disasters seem to be taking an immoral toll. It is not good to wish these things to happen and be happy when they do.

How can this be considered Christian behavior? Is this taught in the bible, to rejoice in others suffering? [/b]
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
Because they are losers. They have been programmed to be losers throughout their lives, from cradle to the grave. They have given up on their own responsibilities to make this world a better place to live in. But most of all, because christianity is a DEATH CULT.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by harakiri(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
There was a time i asked myself this same question. Religion makes people SICK in the mind. If not, why would someone see his/her fellow man in pain and suffering and attribute it as being "the word of god" coming to pass?

I don't mean to deviate but let me give a personal example. . .

There are times when I've gone through some trying moments (financial) and when that happens, the people who are aware of it attribute my problems to my not believing/having faith in "god", and i wonder. . .don't religious people go through trials too? If you're sick, they'll say it's because you rejected god. If you have an accident, they'll say god wants you to know he's real. Virtually every negative thing that happens to you is attributed to your disbelief in a god (as if religious people don't go through the same issues).

I don tire for dem ooo!
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by joyuchesun: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
Yes! They do go through things, some even worse than you or I could imagine. But the delusional thinking makes them believe they are set apart. So, when "non-believers" experience hardship it is either the "will of god", God testing them, a blessing, etc. Some like to compare themselves to Job of the bible and state that the more they suffer the more they will reap in heaven. However, when non-believers experience hardship it is considered retribution or punishment. It is all delusional thinking. All of it.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
This is a somewhat blanket generalisation.

I am yet to meet a Christian who rejoices over the human suffering and disaster. Not sure why anybody would undecided

The title of this article is not accurate in representation.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
harakiri:

There was a time i asked myself this same question. Religion makes people SICK in the mind. If not, why would someone see his/her fellow man in pain and suffering and attribute it as being "the word of god" coming to pass?

I don't mean to deviate but let me give a personal example. . .

There are times when I've gone through some trying moments (financial) and when that happens, the people who are aware of it attribute my problems to my not believing/having faith in "god", and i wonder. . .don't religious people go through trials too? If you're sick, they'll say it's because you rejected god. If you have an accident, they'll say god wants you to know he's real. Virtually every negative thing that happens to you is attributed to your disbelief in a god (as if religious people don't go through the same issues).

I don tire for dem ooo!

This is symptomatic of the false teaching abounding in many circles today.

No one, and I repeat no one is immune from trials and tribulations in this world.

Anyone who speaks to the contrary should not be ridiculed but educated since many are quite young in faith , ignorant or deceived by their so called MOG.

Again there are some people who might attribute suffering to a lack of faith in GOD , but this does not necessarily indicate that they rejoice in human misery and or disaster.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by Joagbaje(m): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
@op

Christians don't rejoice at calamity. It's only from you I'm hearing this.

frosbel:

No one, and I repeat no one is immune from trials and tribulations in this world.

But the christian has hope, in the midst of the tribulation ,there's a way of escape . Our case is different except a man has not undstood the message of faith
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by tpia5: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
some people rejoice at others' calamity.

dont know why the op wants to make this about christians.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by joyuchesun: 11:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
The reason it is being attributed to Christians is because of the focus on the end of days. That is the point. The hope for the end times, and end of days makes certain, not all, certain Christians rejoice in disaster and suffering because they believe these are signs of the end. There is no mention of those impacted by an earthquake, but instead scripture is read or posted stating that in the end times there will be earthquakes etc. If you have not witnessed it, that is great. But this is running very rampant today and is quite unfortunate.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by mazaje(m): 12:37am On Oct 26, 2011
Pat Robinson and John Hagee are examples of christian that are so happy when natural disasters and wars break out. . .To them, its all the sign of the end of days. . . .The thing is natural disasters have been existing long b4 any verse in the bible was [enned down and will continue to do so as long as the planet exist. . . .
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by tpia5: 12:42am On Oct 26, 2011
but i dont hear you folks complaining about nostradamus or his followers when they remind the world about his "prophecies" which also predict doom, gloom and earthquakes.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by joyuchesun: 12:46am On Oct 26, 2011
Why would we come here to complain about Nostradamus? Does that make any sense? Would complaining about Nostradamus make what other Christians are doing less wrong? If you are so upset about Nostradamus that is merited. But it is also important to point out the hypocrisy of some Christians who rejoice in these sufferings. This behavior clearly goes against the bible teachings, that you all support such much, of love thy neighbor. You are missing the point. The anticipation of the end times is causing people to lose compassion, empathy, and sympathy.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by tpia5: 2:45am On Oct 26, 2011
i think people are still helping out whichever way they can.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Rejoice At Natural Disasters And Human Suffering? by Echolima: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
Christian don't rejoice anymore but I saw msilims are very happy and saying Allah Akbar when killing Gaddafi and his son

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Monotheism Vs. Christian (trinitarian) Polytheism / Imams Not As Corrupt As Pastors. How True? / Please I Need A Bible Scholar To Answer Dis Question For Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.