Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ (474 Views)

Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests / Maradona Slams Argentine Team, Compares Messi To Argentine Comedian, Patoruzu / FC Barcelona Player Salaries 2017-18 (full Squad Contracts Revealed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Ashleyokeneye(f): 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2023
FC Barcelona want their greatest ever player Lionel Messi to return to the club for life when he retires, according to SPORTS. The Argentine began the week winning a record eighth Ballon d'Or in Paris, recognized by a France Football-appointed panel as the planet's best footballer after captaining his country to a third World Cup title in Qatar last December. After the ceremony, he took to Instagram to accuse Barca journalist Gerard Romero of "lying once more."

The transfer market expert claimed Messi had spoken to Blaugrana's president Joan Laporta at the Theatre du Chatelet to discuss a tribute match at the Camp Nou. On Wednesday, SPORT also confirmed that at no point did Laporta speak to Messi on the issue, which is expected to see progress in terms of planning from 2024 onwards. This is when the Catalans and the 36-year-old's entourage will touch base on the exhibition fixture, where Messi could play a half for the club of his life, FC Barcelona, and the other portion of the game for his current employers Inter Miami.

Messi will be 37 by the time his terms expire with the Jorge Mas and David Beckham owned franchise. But irrespective of whether he opts to continue in the Americas, or call it a day 12 months out from the 2026 World Cup, SPORT reports that Barca want to talk about a "future collaboration" beyond the pitch. Barca took note of how affectionately Messi spoke of them on stage this week with the Ballon d'Or in hand, and believe that this opened the door to discussing his plans post-retirement. The idea, according to SPORTS, is to reach a "lifelong agreement" with Messi so that he can work at the club in his post-playing days. According to El Chiringuito, it is in this capacity, as a sporting director, that the Prodigal Son will come "home" and operate behind the scenes at Camp Nou.

Don't just watch the game, make it count! Join iLOT Bet and add excitement to every sporting moment. Click here at www.ilotbet.com to register now.

1 Like

Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by dawnomike(m): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
It will be worthwhile off the pitch
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by 99thEnemy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
They know his Jersey must sell. cool
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Pierocash(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
But Manchester United doesn't want to see one mr Pendu anywhere close to old Trafford. Yet, some confused fans say Pendu is the greatest. No be juju be that, abi Dem blind?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Sosomike: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2023
99thEnemy:

Why did them let him go for the first place, He is being paid well where he is now and Bacellona is owning him
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by petersonwil: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2023
99thEnemy:

The president of Brazil 🇧🇷, Lula on Messi:

“A man who’s 36 years old. He was World Champion and this year won the Ballon d'Or. He should be an inspiration for kids who are on TV and then disappear.

How many years since Brazil has had a real

2 Likes

Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by SportsHighLight: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2023
petersonwil:

The president of Brazil 🇧🇷, Lula on Messi:

“A man who’s 36 years old. He was World Champion and this year won the Ballon d'Or. He should be an inspiration for kids who are on TV and then disappear.

How many years since Brazil has had a real

Let's talk about the Legend Messi
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Adebayohope3: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2023
SportsHighLight:

Let's talk about the Legend Messi

Is ILOTBET shop in Abuja, and where?
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Lucygabb6: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2023
Adebayohope3:

Is ILOTBET shop in Abuja, and where?

Why looking for their betting shop when they have an app to bet and website also, try using any of their platform
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Chukwuebukaf: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2023
Lucygabb6:

Why looking for their betting shop when they have an app to bet and website also, try using any of their platform

I saw this on Twitter, how can I partake of this

Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Wisdomfolake: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2023
Chukwuebukaf:

Scratch Million Treasure cards
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by bathanthony: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2023
Lucygabb6:

Erik ten Hag on his future 🗣

“I'm a fighter. I’m confident I can do it, but at this moment we are in a bad place. I take responsibility but I see it as a challenge. I have to stick together with my players and fight together."
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by BolaAhmed202: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2023
bathanthony:

Erik ten Hag on his future 🗣

“I'm a fighter. I’m confident I can do it, but at this moment we are in a bad place. I take responsibility but I see it as a challenge. I have to stick together with my players and fight together."

❗️Don't buy stocks, bonds or gold if you need your money.

At this very moment, crypto market is set for a rally and you are risking to miss it. Boarding is about to finish – this is the last call

Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Sosomike: 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
BolaAhmed202:

❗️Don't buy stocks, bonds or gold if you need your money.

At this very moment, crypto market is set for a rally and you are risking to miss it. Boarding is about to finish – this is the last call

You can try invest in ILOTBET sporty games instead of buying stocks market that will cut off your bankroll, choose and bet on your favorite club with smaller odds to double your investments
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Hilarygeorge: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sosomike:

You can try invest in ILOTBET sporty games instead of buying stocks market that will cut off your bankroll, choose and bet on your favorite club with smaller odds to double your investments

Hhhmm, so you want people to invest their money on sports betting? Go tell your papa to invest with his money first. Useless
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by NUSALUCKY: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hilarygeorge:

Hhhmm, so you want people to invest their money on sports betting? Go tell your papa to invest with his money first. Useless

🚨BREAKING: Casemiro will be out for SEVERAL WEEKS due to a hamstring injury suffered during Manchester United's Carabao Cup defeat to Newcastle on Wednesday.
Re: FC Barcelona Wants Lionel Messi To Return ‘for Life’ by Lucygabb6: 11:26am On Jan 04
Chukwuebukaf:

Jose Mourinho on why he wasn't mentioned in Arsene Wenger's book:

"Because he never beat me, You are not going to do a chapter about 12 or 14 matches and never win one so why should he speak about me in his book? A book is a thing to make you happy, make you proud so I perfectly understand the situation."

(1) (Reply)

Fixed Draw / Nigeria Super Eagles Will Lose AFCON Match Against Ivory Coast Tomorrow / Namibia Charged Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.