Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you (9109 Views)

Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / Employees Don’t Leave Companies, They Leave Managers / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by blingxx(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2023
Olarewaju89:
grin

The company am working with now must read this oo.

Let me copy it and send it to my MD grin cheesy

Be like say you don see work for nnpc cheesy
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Darkandhandsom(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
I left a toxic work environment less than 2 months because of nitwit supervisor.
Good salary but toxic.
Every other person was working but bittered. I couldn't stand them.
My peace is so so precious to me

2 Likes

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Olarewaju89: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2023
blingxx:

grin

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Olarewaju89: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
Giftedhand47:

E be like say your work don tire you

Copy and paste to your MD at your own peril

Lol 😂

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Darkmode64: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:
It’s always the employer’s fault. Wait till you become one yourself so be the model you seek.
Abegi angry. I've been looking forward to seeing comment like this one. There are labour laws in the country but none are enforced. And for that reason, the majority of employers get away with doing certain things . Imagine that a person's salary was withheld last month only for the reason that he failed to record all of his time—not because he failed to meet the deadline for the month. The employers now were once employees, so what are you saying? That experience should be enough to handle new hires more effectively, true or false?

Don't even get me started angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Olas121: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:
It’s always the employer’s fault. Wait till you become one yourself so be the model you seek.

This word that you just said. I give you 💯
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2023
LagBlogger:
All this one na story.

Most Nigerian employees are bad too. Poor work ethic, disloyalty, looking for loopholes to exploit in the company, sabotaging company interests etc.

Hospitality industry you mentioned is even the worst, many hotels and restaurants are run down by thieving employees and 'damagers' (if you know what I mean).

Many of them would say, is it my father's company but it is the company that pays your bills so if it folds up, how will you pay your bills?

Nonsense!!!!!

Why did you fail as employer to put in place the controls that will halt those sabotage, thieving etc?

You are trying to minimize expenses in the expense of losing it back door? . . .Dey play, just dey play oooo!!! cheesy
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Tenumootito: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
Most of these are caused by employers in collaboration with HR teams.
The way foreigners are using employees here, it is pathetic.
I have a very bad experience, the expatriate was micromanaging me, I reported to HRM, the HRM called him and discussed. The next thing, the man removed my name from a training for my career development, the HRM was unable to do anything. I told HRM, it is just a show of power.
Our HR practitioners are heartless, wicked and very cruel. Once they get crumbles form the employers, they don't care whose ox is groaned.
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

Most small small private organizations are "Employees De-Wretchedness Enterprise".

Your sense took a very long vacation.

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by phemmyfour: 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2023
Nazgul:
If you carry out a study on 100 average earning employees, and tell them to feel free to express themselves about their working conditions, their employer and their net pay. At the end of your study, you'll discover that more than 99% of the feedback you'd get from the workers would be against their employers.

The average Nigerian employee hates his employer.
Employers ain't better. How will you be owning your staff 2-3 months salary and expect them to like you.

An average Nigeria employed see themselves as doing a favour by given you a job. It's a wrong mentality
A labourer deserves his wages.....he worked for it

3 Likes

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Tijani009: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Olarewaju89:
grin

The company am working with now must read this oo.

Let me copy it and send it to my MD grin
cheesy

Abeg if you get work for make make i submitt cv, i day pass out for nysc this december
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Tijani009: 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
What comes to mimd is if you go another would come, some are always posting vacancy even when positions are not vacant and close to 500 unsolicited applications have been colected so they are like if you go 500 more wants that position
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Olarewaju89: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2023
Tijani009:

Abeg if you get work for make make i submitt cv, i day pass out for nysc this december

OK. What course?
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Tijani009: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
Olarewaju89:

OK. What course?
I have a national deploma and Bsc in business administration sir, i am greatful
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Konjiboii: 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2023
Fintech companies are the worse. All of them
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by alakethegoat: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2023
Thank you. Glad you found it useful.

Cantonese:

Good write up. Keep it up friend.
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by alakethegoat: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2023
😂😂😂

blingxx:

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by alakethegoat: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2023
I agree with you.
armadeo:

Majority of the hate their employers true.

A lot of people earn shitty pay true.

Theres a lot of issues on ground concerning this majorly

1.) National minimum wage as approved by the federal government is 30k a month which is non sense as we all know and it is not even enforced in the private sector.

2.) Economics of demand and supply . There are few jobs for many people so the employer gradually reduces his salary and employs the most desperate of them to fill the role. After all if its 30k a month and I offer 20k people will still rush it.

Now a man taking a desperate job for 20k will hate you for utilising his desperation against him its only natural.
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Olarewaju89: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Tijani009:

I have a national deploma and Bsc in business administration sir, i am greatful

OK
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Caleb15(m): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
If you come late, they deduct 500 to 700, if you miss work 1000 to 3000 even with permission, It's crazy out there.
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Caleb15(m): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Tijani009:
What comes to mimd is if you go another would come, some are always posting vacancy even when positions are not vacant and close to 500 unsolicited applications have been colected so they are like if you go 500 more wants that position

I said this on a thread most job vacancies here on naira land and other places are just smoke screens, few are legit with minimal pay being self employed is the best way to get out of toxic working environment, even gate man would want to enforce his authority to show favourities

1 Like

Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Darkmode64: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Olas121:

This word that you just said. I give you 💯
See them. Prospective toxic employer
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Emodeee: 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
CaveAdullam:
There is no way you can love your job while hating your boss. Except in organizations where supervisors or managers are being transferred after some time. But before that time, you'll temporarily dislike your job since your effects on your superior or boss are minimal.

The corporate place is where both employers and employees pretend to love themselves and their jobs. Every smile, gesture, and cool moment is a facade. They don't love themselves. However, they must tolerate each other to get the job done.

Employers want to boss around, call the shots, and make sure employees are subservient.

Employees don't want to feel controlled. They want to do their job their way which is distinct from the interruptions of their bosses.

The corporate place is similar to a jungle: the lion eats deer, and deer eat grass. If you're not smart or can't leverage, you'll either end up as the deer or grass. The lion - the employer - is the king of the jungle.

However, for any organization to survive, there must be unity and cooperation among every individual responsible for the operation of the company.

@bolded you nor dey lie. Like person wey don write her resignation letter, you go see her dey smile like say the company na family😯🙂. It's all lies🙂. Me too I wan learn how to do it. It's not just working for me. Maybe because I am new in the industry🙂. Help me with books on how to navigate the corporate world🙂.
Re: Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you by Tijani009: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2023
Olarewaju89:

OK

Goodmorning sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIPR: Public Relations June 2018 Diet Exam / Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise / Nigerian Air Force Releases Postings Of 19 Air Vice Marshals And 22 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.