Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material (24873 Views)

MAN To Senators: Patronise Made-in-Nigeria Cars / Buhari To Give 6% Interest Loans To Nigerians To Buy Made-in-nigeria Cars / VIDEO: Hon Kazure Reveals Why Lawmakers Shout At Pres Buhari During 2019 Budget (2) (3) (4)

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Truth234(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
Obakoolex:
Nigerian leaders are so shameless.

How can you boldly talk of having bad roads as if it's not the duty and responsibilities of the leaders to fix it

Asin, this country ehn

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by nett: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
Lol Made in China, made in Japan , people should go and research the true owners of the made in China vehicles.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Justice6279(m): 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2023
That is a very good characteristic of a third world country
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by yarimo(m): 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2023
Westerhoffe:

That was how China developed, and today, you can't push them aside when it comes to technological advances and innovations.

Buy it, dismantle it and reverse engineer it.

And concerning the state of Nigeria roads, I think they really do not need to be fixed according to our Reps… but left to become more deplorable while stronger cars are required to access them, to the extent that boats and canoes will be needed in the near future to access them.

And these are the same people asking us to patronize made in Nigeria goods…

What a country.
just Last some days prince Arthur EZE bought #500 millions rolls Royce phantom 8 2022 model instead made in Nigeria car
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by harjay1986: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
MICHEALADEX:
I can't risk buying a copy cat with my money

Innoson has copied almost every durable brands including Mercedes Benz gwagon

Thats a lame excuse, we have a lot of Chinese Yuan unspent with CBN that we can as well use for currency swap. This is not the time for choosy attitude, them wan buy you car and you still dey choose brand.. how many of them, can afford such car with their hard earn money
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by georgeakins: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

We are aware, China started like that.

China did not start like that.
China started by fabricating auto parts
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by khalids: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Interesting...so you can give contract to china to build our roads...buy Chinese train for the masses....even build Chinese auto company...

But you no fit use Chinese made car......its okay

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by BJanta: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
9jvirgin:
Let Obi take over the reign of affairs of Nigeria or forget you have a country.

So that we can even start to eat Chinese cow, Chinese goats, Chinese kpomo,; drink Chinese water, eat Chinese foofoo, eba, garri, suya, moinmoin and use Chinese granite to build our house. If those who have requisite qualifications and experience are struggling with dynamics of governance, I don't know what chance that a trader in fake Chinese goods ,with a school certificate, has.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by ufotunang: 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
georgeakins:

What do you have?
To go and bring auto parts from China and couple them here , then begin to lie to everyone that you manufacturer cars?
..but they can collect loan from China

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by MimiSheWrote(f): 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Obakoolex:
Nigerian leaders are so shameless.

How can you boldly talk of having bad roads as if it's not the duty and responsibilities of the leaders to fix it
lol IKR... That should tell you the kind of mentality our leaders have.

Yet you still see people especially the youth's supporting and cheering these MFs! When they should be staging a nation wide revolution smh.
Our politicians are irresponsible, corrupt and incompetence.. only because we Nigerians allow them to be.
Majority of Nigerians have a very low IQ! Just a sad fact... And more sadly, Our politicians already know this.

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by article1: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
While this has been a subject for debate, the Nigerian Senate spokesperson noted that the government’s decision to choose the Toyota Land Cruiser SUV is largely due to the need for vehicles with great off-roading abilities to help reduce the burden of driving through Nigeria’s bad roads. Is this not an indictment on the part of the National Assembly? Is it not part of their oversight function to ensure that Nigerian roads are motorable? What about the ordinary Nigerians who ply these roads on daily basis... Nigerian leaders are bunch of insensitive and evil fellows
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by chukkystar(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

doing what Competition do is also part of Business. Go and check well
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Solsix(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
Westerhoffe:

That was how China developed, and today, you can't push them aside when it comes to technological advances and innovations.

And concerning the state of Nigeria roads, I think they really do not need to be fixed according to our Reps… but left to become more deplorable while stronger cars are required to access them, to the extent that boats and canoes will be needed in the near future to access them.

What a country.
U don't need to reply a q full of hate and tribalism
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Giftsammy4t: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bdhxhdh

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by nairalanda1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

Acutally that is how many of them Asian companies start. They copy the design of what the West makes, and sometimes improve on it.

As an example, most TV sets are made in China. The Chinese simply reversed engineered Western sets, and continued to improve on them.

Even cars and so forth. Toyota started by reverse engineering Western cars. Japanese motor cycle companies started by reverse enginerring American motorcycles...so that they could displace American companies from winning contracts with the Japanese police.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Dagrace01(m): 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Nonsense
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by dominic17: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Rubbish. if they can not be patriotic they should use their personal money to buy any car of their choice not our hard earned forex that should be channelled to industrial use that will create employment for our teeming youth and increase government revenue via taxes
Carmartng:

Sponsored Post
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by 99thEnemy(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
PHIPEX:
Blackman with a black mind stock in a dark continent. You will not buy it from Innoson but you will buy it if similar vehicle is imported.
He said Innoson is also imported from Biafra.🤣
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by PrettyIfy7: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
The same idiots and their f00lish online defenders will tell us to stop importing goods and to patronize only made in Nigeria goods.
Stupidity is very real.
Eg: APC

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by gazza07(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Feed first, ewu
MICHEALADEX:

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by wunaESQ(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
If d roads are bad den fix Dem for crying out loud

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Achoghim: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2023

I was hoping that googling the so-called pork barrel spending would direct me to a particular event, just like the Watergate scandal, but it turned out to be a term that doesn't define any particular activity by the US Congress. Therefore, I ask you, how does pork barrel spending translate to US Congressmen being as brazenly wasteful as the leaches we have here in the National Assembly?
nairalanda1:

They do unfortunately. Google 'pork barrel spending' for an example of their excess spending

Doesn't make Nigerian lawmakers innocent. In fact we are too broke to spend too much money on the national assembly

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by alfredfrddy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
Is it not this same Nigerian made cars that Belarus came to buy sometime ago? I smh for Nigeria as a country
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by slowice(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
Thing is that the whole world now uses Chinese materials but a docile unproductive country calls it fake because they prefer to lavish the money they probably borrowed from China on American, Japanese or German goods.

That is exactly why we will remain unproductive
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Blaze14k: 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

They do unfortunately. Google 'pork barrel spending' for an example of their excess spending

Doesn't make Nigerian lawmakers innocent. In fact we are too broke to spend too much money on the national assembly

Where do you guys get this fallacy that Nigeria is broke. Frankly speaking this country has what it takes to be like any european country but the problem is those ruling us. They technically make the country look broke cos most of them are feeding off our natural resources unopposed
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
obi58:
Nigerians should make sacrifice and buy made in Nigerian goods but the politicians should buy Toyota SUVs and use presidential yacht.

What a country!
As in eeh!! Nigeria needs a military coup more than ever now.

Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by nairalanda1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2023
Blaze14k:

Where do you guys get this fallacy that Nigeria is broke. Frankly speaking this country has what it takes to be like any european country but the problem is those ruling us. They technically make the country look broke cos most of them are feeding off our natural resources unopposed

We are broke.

The budget for this year is for a nation our size, scanty. Our police spends one tenth of what the NYPD spends, to police 20 times the population. And so forth.

Oil revenues are one tenth of what the Saudis spend, for 40 million people.

Saying we are broke is an indictment of our rulers by the way.

The way out of brokeness is by being an exporter of manufactured goods and services. And by improving tax collection, and by getting people to hold their local leaders accountable...and then it goes up.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by nairalanda1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Achoghim:

I was hoping that googling the so-called pork barrel spending would direct me to a particular event, just like the Watergate scandal, but it turned out to be a term that doesn't define any particular activity by the US Congress. Therefore, I ask you, how does pork barrel spending translate to US Congressmen being as brazenly wasteful as the leaches we have here in the National Assembly?

Well, there is ABSCAM, and a host of other events, but since you don't want to be convinced, I bid thee adieu.

P.S Nigeria is still corrupt by the way, old boy, and so too are the Americans.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by halibaba(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
Wa gbayi

Westerhoffe:

What a country.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by Greattha: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
kettykin:
Labour Parliamentarians should request or appeal for money equivalent so that they can buy locally made vehicles and empower their constituents with the change

Enough of this pls.

This concerns all of them...

They've always been the same...politicians....who mostly migrated from PDAPC.

If Oshiomole can become governor and change to become what he is today, considering his NLC days ...or is it Abike Dabiri of NTA back in the day who gave it hot to government before entering politics, then you should know that the problem is way bigger than this.
Re: Reasons Why Lawmakers Rejected “Made In Nigeria Cars” With Chinese Material by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Carmartng:

Sponsored Post

What a very useless and sensless sponsored post, to even think you had to pay over 1 million naira to push this rubbish to front page is evil.

Firstly, your claim that buying those foreign made vehicles is because of bad roads in Nigeria, the lawmakers claim they can't drive a locally made vehicle to their constituencies...what the heck? How many lawmakers travel by road to their states? They all travel by air...and the last time I checked Abuja the state capital has one of the best roads in Nigeria, so, your argument doesn't hold water at all.

Secondly, these shameless government officials tell Nigerians to patronize Made in Nigeria products to strengthen the naira yet are the ones that will condemn same with their actions.

Op, it is either you are one of the shameless lawmakers supporting these reckless spending or you are a plain hypocrite supporting and sponsoring evil.

You lots think everyone is as dumb and brainless as you are...shameless enemies of Nigeria.

I Will Dump PDP If Sherrif Wins At The Supreme Court – Fayose / Did You Know That Rochas Okorocha Could Dance Like This? (Video) / No Completed Federal Project In Pdp’s 16 Years Reign – Osinbajo