Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,185 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Should I Quit Or Continue - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit Or Continue (13424 Views)

My Boss Uses Divide And Rule System: Should I Quit Or Ignore / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. / Should I resign or continue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Kotika: 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:
As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

I thought of quitting but quickly shoved it off my mind when i realised how saturated the job market was. I also thought of switching to another field but that would require money and time and i didn't have any. I prayed for a way out every single day, to just be out of the misery i was facing at that time.

Fastfoward to 2020, things got worse with the pandemic, fortunately i was not laid off but we weren't paid since we weren't working, it was around that time i stumbled upon trading, a colleague had told me about it before but i didn't take it seriously until i realisee i had to earn in another way from a regular job. 

I paid a mentor about 50k to teach me everythingabout it, i had to plead for him to accept that since i didn't have much at that time and i also wasn't expecting any salary. After about a month of intensive training i started trading fully.

It wasn't easy for the first month, had some losses but after that i started getting my wins. Got about 4million in my first 8 months, and continued from there.

For about 3 years i have been able to make about 30 million and yes i lost many prop firm accounts and trades too especially for the unprofitable months but overall it has been rewarding.

My problem now is the amount of time i put in nowadays,  it's not been fun at all. Yes the reward is good, the work put in has really been hectic. In fact its almost harder than my former job. Most people think because i work from home , i don't stress very much which is a very big myth. There are some days i feel like calling it quit and doing something else thats as rewarding but not as tasking as trading. It's not as easy as most people picture it will be. Awake for almost the whole day backtesting, fowardtesting, teachind and also mentoring.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Interestingly we both are in the same circumstance. I quit my bank job to start solar business and web design business. Though the take profit is not that bad, competition affects profitability. My advise to you will be the advise i have given myself. As you make profits, please invest in real estate. Even if it small self contains you can put up, start by getting the land space and doing a foundation. You will be shocked about how the money will come to finish it. It will give you the residual income to expand more into it...
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
Kotika:
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Interestingly we both are in the same circumstance. I quit my bank job to start solar business and web design business. Though the take profit is not that bad, competition affects profitability. My advise to you will be the advise i have given myself. As you make profits, please invest in real estate. Even if it small self contains you can put up, start by getting the land space and doing a foundation. You will be shocked about how the money will come to finish it. It will give you the residual income to expand more into it...

I actually did reinvest most of the money and its not been good this past few months, i need something that's consistent, my cousin advised to try tech, might actually consider
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Bimlite(f): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2023
Pls don't quit o.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Blackdisciple(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Centpico:

He actually works in naija for a company abroad, remote job specifically and i actually don't mind that. Will definitely ask more questions to know how to go about it

Good one bro, in the beginning you might feel discouraged but later you will smile..

Lemme go with this saying by NIKE "Just do it"
Good luck bro
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Dshocker(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2023
Centpico:
As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

I thought of quitting but quickly shoved it off my mind when i realised how saturated the job market was. I also thought of switching to another field but that would require money and time and i didn't have any. I prayed for a way out every single day, to just be out of the misery i was facing at that time.

Fastfoward to 2020, things got worse with the pandemic, fortunately i was not laid off but we weren't paid since we weren't working, it was around that time i stumbled upon trading, a colleague had told me about it before but i didn't take it seriously until i realisee i had to earn in another way from a regular job. 

I paid a mentor about 50k to teach me everythingabout it, i had to plead for him to accept that since i didn't have much at that time and i also wasn't expecting any salary. After about a month of intensive training i started trading fully.

It wasn't easy for the first month, had some losses but after that i started getting my wins. Got about 4million in my first 8 months, and continued from there.

For about 3 years i have been able to make about 30 million and yes i lost many prop firm accounts and trades too especially for the unprofitable months but overall it has been rewarding.

My problem now is the amount of time i put in nowadays,  it's not been fun at all. Yes the reward is good, the work put in has really been hectic. In fact its almost harder than my former job. Most people think because i work from home , i don't stress very much which is a very big myth. There are some days i feel like calling it quit and doing something else thats as rewarding but not as tasking as trading. It's not as easy as most people picture it will be. Awake for almost the whole day backtesting, fowardtesting, teachind and also mentoring.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks

If truly you are making as you claim, you wouldn't be bothered asking this question.

A right thinking person like me knows you wrote this shit to scam people, else you wouldn't have put up your number.
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by Centpico: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2023
Dshocker:

If truly you are making as you claim, you wouldn't be bothered asking this question.

A right thinking person like me knows you wrote this shit to scam people, else you wouldn't have put up your number.

Awwwnnn
Re: Should I Quit Or Continue by sheystar(f): 10:44am On Nov 06, 2023
Please could you teach me?
I'm willing to learn
post=126769540]As at 2019,i had worked for 7 years without any evidence,woke up by 5am everyday to prepare for workby 7 till around 6pm when we closed and even had to work on some saturdays. Hoped on buses every single day to and from work. Everyday was painful, annoying even and always felt like there was no way out even when i was begging for one.

Please if you have something else that's as rewarding but not as tasking would love to know about it. Thanks[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Intervenes In Diamond Bank Staff Retrenchment Dispute / Nigerian Navy New Doctors Salary / Alison: 100 Courses Offered Free Of Charge + Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.