Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,954 members, 7,852,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:02 PM

Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara (11388 Views)

Another Court Orders Emir Sanusi’s Eviction, State High Court Stops Enforcement / Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari / Another Court Asks INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Armaggedon: 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
jamesversion:

You over estimate Riverine people oh. If they were that formidable why did it take 24years for them to become Governor in Rivers state since 1999. They are not as many and influential as you think. Everything is not by noise making and gra gra.

The issue on hand is not a tribal one but a reneging of agreement, whatever the agreement may be. Please this ethnic coloration being painted chiefly by Igbos is unnecessary and uncalled for.

I know the SE is in shambles due to IPOB, but don't drag others to your level. We know how to sort our issue in Rivers state

Thanks.
clown. When did you start hailing from rivers state?
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by jamesversion: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
Armaggedon:
clown. When did you start hailing from rivers state?

I'm from wherever I want. Actually im from Isuofia town in Aguata local government area of Anambra state. cheesy
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Armaggedon: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
jamesversion:

I'm from wherever I want. Actually im from Isuofia town in Aguata local government area of Anambra state. cheesy
congratulations on the few minutes attention you have gotten from me. You can carry on with your sad life.
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by jamesversion: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
Armaggedon:
congratulations on the few minutes attention you have gotten from me. You can carry on with your sad life.

Nzuzu ebéa puo. Onyé ara. Obù mua ka iná si "congratulations on the few minutes attention you have gotten from me". Onye iberibé.
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Bluffly: 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
opalu:
Wike give u and face the tedious work of making the lives of FCT residents to be better. Abuja is one glorified town. Development is just concentrated at the centre and more than 70% of those who live in Abuja don't actually live in Abuja. They live in Nassarwa and Niger States
70% lives in FCT, Abuja is a city in FCT
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by dandyspak: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
jamesversion:

You over estimate Riverine people oh. If they were that formidable why did it take 24years for them to become Governor in Rivers state since 1999. They are not as many and influential as you think. Everything is not by noise making and gra gra.

The issue on hand is not a tribal one but a reneging of agreement, whatever the agreement may be. Please this ethnic coloration being painted chiefly by Igbos is unnecessary and uncalled for.

I know the SE is in shambles due to IPOB, but don't drag others to your level. We know how to sort our issue in Rivers state

Thanks.
You are very funny. How long did it take Ikwerre to rule Rivers State since 1967.
Politics is game of chance, wit, strategy, opportunity and alignment. Amaechi became governor not because he was too smart as an Ikwerre man, Odili has sympathy for Ikwerre people, so he came up with zoning according to senatorial district instead of the upland and riverine zoning arrangement. Wike became governor because of the prevailing circumstances between GEJ and Amaechi. Wike was fully backed by the riverine people because must Rivers people felt Amaechi was a betrayal. Wike rose to power based on that sentiment. Note: no tribe in Rivers state can rule the state without aligning with other tribes. Abeg no dey cap anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Melagros(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sillymoderators:
Good!...Wike's end will surely come!
Amen

1 Like

Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Sillymoderators: 1:11am On Nov 04, 2023
Whalis:

Ipob Wike is waxing strong everyday. This is just a family issue just as the governor has said.
Silly rabbit to you everybody is IPOB! Family affairs kii you there! This is the same god father role you all accuse Tinubu of doing Lagos, now Wike is doing it ...it is family affairs! Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Sillymoderators: 1:14am On Nov 04, 2023
Bluffly:

70% lives in FCT, Abuja is a city in FCT
That is not true! Many lives out Abuja City.
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by jamesversion: 6:02am On Nov 04, 2023
dandyspak:

You are very funny. How long did it take Ikwerre to rule Rivers State since 1967.
Politics is game of chance, wit, strategy, opportunity and alignment. Amaechi became governor not because he was too smart as an Ikwerre man, Odili has sympathy for Ikwerre people, so he came up with zoning according to senatorial district instead of the upland and riverine zoning arrangement. Wike became governor because of the prevailing circumstances between GEJ and Amaechi. Wike was fully backed by the riverine people because must Rivers people felt Amaechi was a betrayal. Wike rose to power based on that sentiment. Note: no tribe in Rivers state can rule the state without aligning with other tribes. Abeg no dey cap anyhow

Almost everything you wrote is true. But Rivers of 1967 became 2 states by 1996. From 1996, Rivers State was "somehow" skewed in favour of uplanders due to demographics.

Uplands (excluding the Ogonis) account for over 55% of voters strength courtesy of PHalga, Obio/Akpor, Oyigbo, Ikwerre, Etche LGAs. That is where the bulk of the population in Rivers resides. It givers a numerical advantage over the others when voting is considered.

I'm not saying they are all Ikwerres, neither am I discounting the huge presence of visitors but, they are in our communities and would vote according to established voting pattern. grin
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by descarado: 6:25am On Nov 04, 2023
jamesversion:

Hello, what's your village. Ozalla representing.
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by descarado: 6:37am On Nov 04, 2023
Sillymoderators:

What do you mean by that.
Even wiki will tell you that Abuja lies within FCT.
That poster was right.
FCT has 6 municipalities( local govt).
Abuja is under one called AMAC. That is the biggest. The rest are abaji, bwari, qwaqwalada, kuje and kwali. They are all interwoven somehow people end up calling all Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Bluffly: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2023
Sillymoderators:

How did you pass your exams? Abuja is like Ikeja in Lagos, while FCT is like Lagos state.
Go back and read my post
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Sillymoderators: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
Bluffly:

How did you pass your exams? Abuja is like Ikeja in Lagos, while FCT is like Lagos state.
Go back and read my post
Na you be my lecturer wey dey mark my exams!... Olodo...did I mention FCT? Or Abuja?
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Sillymoderators: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
descarado:

What do you mean by that.
Even wiki will tell you that Abuja lies within FCT.
That poster was right.
FCT has 6 municipalities( local govt).
Abuja is under one called AMAC. That is the biggest. The rest are abaji, bwari, qwaqwalada, kuje and kwali. They are all interwoven somehow people end up calling all Abuja.
You just confirmed what I meant. Thanks.
Re: Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara by Tonitoniton(m): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
OmoFiditi:

Even if Wike begs for peace talks, make Fubara no gree. Wike will use the peacetime to buy time and pull the rug under Gov. Fubara's feet. He is that devilish.

Make Wike remain for Abuja in peace. Two masters cannot run a ship. Rivers people and funds have tried for him and pulled his family out of poverty, even though the loquacious thug is not the brightest Rivers man to lead.

Let him remain in Abuja and keep his loot and properties in peace. If he wants war, then he must be ready to lose all, even his properties in Rivers and face EFCC investigation.. That should keep him in check. Sim is governor and has immunity. Wike no get immunity.

You spoke well, bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Refineries Plan Supply To 150,000 IPMAN Stations / Doyin Okupe Calls On God To Expose Boko Haram Sponsors Via Twitter / Nigeria’s Economy Choking Under Pangs Of Politics- Businessday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.