Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,305 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Help New Number Plate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help New Number Plate (1507 Views)

Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help New Number Plate by rhythyson: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2011
I just bought a used car and was finding it difficult to register, the reason was that the guys at the VIO office at Ojodu told me that there is a new number that has just been approved by FG but not yet in circulation, does anybody have an idea of what im talking about?, just confused (now they say i MUST wait till the new number is sold and that if i buy the old number plate, it will be illegal) wetin i go do now? can anyone help me?
Re: Help New Number Plate by webcam(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2011
my brother has been experience the same thing for the past one month now its just madnes on the part of federal goverment
Re: Help New Number Plate by d7thcaller: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2011
Same hear in Port Harcourt, I just left the licensing office and they said its already available but that they are waiting to receive the directives b/4 they start issuing it out
Re: Help New Number Plate by calculusx(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2011
rhythyson:

I just bought a used car and was finding it difficult to register, the reason was that the guys at the VIO office at Ojodu told me that there is a new number that has just been approved by FG but not yet in circulation, does anybody have an idea of what im talking about?, just confused (now they say i MUST wait till the new number is sold and that if i buy the old number plate, it will be illegal) wetin i go do now? can anyone help me?
Yes you are right. You have to wait for a while before it will be in Circulation. Do not purchase the old Number Plate from anyone as that will be illegal.
Re: Help New Number Plate by rhythyson: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2011
na wah ooo so na hold we dey sooo? well, i guess i have to keep waiting , thanks guys
Re: Help New Number Plate by dantitiki(m): 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
Call Korede (07031566673) to book yours, A few might be coming out tomorrow.

Kind regards.
Re: Help New Number Plate by d7thcaller: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
The issuance of the new plate has started in Ph city, just collected the new number now and by providing the insurance tomorrow i will get the Plate.
Re: Help New Number Plate by rhythyson: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2011
thanks i hope they will start in Lagos too my brother, cheers
Re: Help New Number Plate by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2011
d7thcaller:

The issuance of the new plate has started in Ph city, just collected the new number now and by providing the insurance tomorrow i will get the Plate.

That is some good news.
Re: Help New Number Plate by chainy: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
@ d7thcaller,

so what is the price for the new plate plsss?
Re: Help New Number Plate by d7thcaller: 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
chainy:

@ d7thcaller,

so what is the price for the new plate plsss?

Its between N13k - 18k. I cant say for sure cos I paid 25K initially for the original plate and had to pay additional 15K though part of the money was for VIO, FRSC, etc. However later today or latest tomorrow morning I will be able to give specific answer.
Cheers
Re: Help New Number Plate by gabng(m): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
Any physical diffrence btw the old one and new one?
Re: Help New Number Plate by Ejike3: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
New Number plates now available in Anambra,Bauchi,Borno,Enugu,FCT,Kano,Kwara,Ogun,Ondo,Oyo,Rivers and Zamfara States.
On the FRSC website http://www.frsc.gov.ng/
Re: Help New Number Plate by gbolio4(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
Ejike3:

New Number plates now available in Anambra,Bauchi,Borno,Enugu,FCT,Kano,Kwara,Ogun,Ondo,Oyo,Rivers and Zamfara States.
On the FRSC website http://www.frsc.gov.ng/

Nice 1 Bro, Thanks for the link
Re: Help New Number Plate by Seeke(f): 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2011
This is yet another case of systemic failure in this country. It was sheer madness to stop issuing the old license plates when the new ones weren't yet available. I've had to park my new car at home for the past one month because I couldn't get to register it.

Any idea when they'll start issuing them in Lagos?
Re: Help New Number Plate by jodeci(m): 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2011
Please will all the existing ones be repalced with the new one? or we will continue to use the old and the new but no more issuance of the old.
Re: Help New Number Plate by dantitiki(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
All owners of the old plates have immunity on them for a year befor they get invalid.

Kind regards.
Re: Help New Number Plate by jodeci(m): 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
dantitiki:

All owners of the old plates have immunity on them for a year befor they get invalid.

Kind regards.

Thanks a bunch.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All / Volkswagen Passat 2001 For Urgent Sale / How Much Is It To Pay To Renew My Drivers Licence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.