Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

2004 Sienna XLE A/C Blows Hot Air - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Sienna XLE A/C Blows Hot Air (1522 Views)

What Is The Difference Between The Le,xle,se And S Versions Of Toyota Cars / How Does One Control A Car When Front Tyre Blows Out On High Speed? / Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2008 Camry Xle V4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2004 Sienna XLE A/C Blows Hot Air by bravolad(m): 7:54am On Oct 25, 2012
My 2004 Sienna air conditioner usually blows hot air after working for a while. It cools normally but will most often blow hot air while either in motion or in traffic. Sometimes when I start the vehicle & turn on the A/C, the Thermostart won't pick immediately I had to keep pressing the A/C knob serveral times before it starts working. What could be responsible for this?

Thank you
Re: 2004 Sienna XLE A/C Blows Hot Air by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2012
bravolad: My 2004 Sienna air conditioner usually blows hot air after working for a while. It cools normally but will most often blow hot air while either in motion or in traffic. Sometimes when I start the vehicle & turn on the A/C, the Thermostart won't pick immediately I had to keep pressing the A/C knob serveral times before it starts working. What could be responsible for this?

Thank you

Low on gas (R134-A). And possible there's a leak in the system. Have it checked, leaks rectified if any, then recharge.
Re: 2004 Sienna XLE A/C Blows Hot Air by bravolad(m): 7:44am On Oct 27, 2012
Thanks Siena. I don not think it's low on gas because if the Thermostart picks, the air conditioner cools very well even during extreme hot whether here in Abuja. A scan I did recently pointed towards the Thermisor which I replaced with an older model of the same type of vehicle because I could not get it in Abuja. Note that the first time I replaced the Thermisor, the A/C started cooling immediately but after about one week of use, the same problem replayed.

However, I traveled to Lagos & bought exact match but have yet to replace it. I will visit the repair shop today to have it changed.

Siena, I specifically appreciate & solicit your help in this regard.

Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Prolific Car Racer And Engine Designer (pic) / Please What Can Make A Fuel Pump Not To Supply To Carburetor / Your Trusted And Favorite Clearing Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.