Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months (8382 Views)

Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) / Onne Seaport Welcomes The Biggest Ship To Ever Call At Any Nigerian Port. PICS. / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by Ikaeniyan0: 6:16am On Nov 04, 2023
The Nigeria Customs Service, Area 2, Onne, Rivers State, said on Friday that it generated a total sum of N246 billion in ten months.

The Comptroller of Customs in the command, Comptroller Baba Imam, disclosed this to newsmen at a briefing in Onne, Eleme Local Government Area of the state.

Imam said the command raked in the sum of N38 billion for October alone, surpassing its monthly revenue target of N28 billion with an increment of over N10 billion.

The command, he said impounded nine containers laden with various items such as 724 bales of used clothing, 1805 pieces of used tyres, four vehicles used in the concealment of 76.9kg special cannabis, 2070 cartons of tomato paste whose total duty paid value was put at N1,162,424,371.00bn.

He stated that an imported container from the United States which was declared to contain household effects and one used vehicle was found to contain one pistol and 100 rounds of ammunition.

He said two suspects arrested in connection with the ammunition have been handed to the police for further investigation.

Imam stated, “Today’s briefing is the sequel to a series of events that have unfolded in the last six months.

“Above all, part of our event today is for you to witness the handover of a pistol, 100 pieces of 9mm ammunition, and two suspects in our custody in connection to the pistol and ammunition smuggling to the Nigerian police.

“On the 26th of October, 2023 in the course of examination of an imported container from the United States which was declared to contain household effects, one used vehicle was found to contain one pistol and 100 rounds of ammunition.

“The operatives of the customs intelligence unit attached to the group of examination officers were instrumental in the discovery of the pistol and 100 rounds of live ammunition concealed within the vehicle.”

He added, “In the area of revenue generation and collection, this area command has generated a total of N246,025,872,903.80 billion from January 2023 to October 2023, this represents a significant increment of N44,145,889008.65 over the amount generated for 2022”

“It is pertinent to State here that the Command realized the sum of over N38bn with an increment of over N10 billion

”Let me at this juncture, be emphatic that we do not just take delight in impounding containers or making seizures of contraband goods, rather we do this to enforce the laws of the nation and to serve as deterrents to others.”

While lauding his men for their vigilance and high commitment to duty, Imam said that the command will collaborate with sister agencies to make the country a safe place to live in.

https://punchng.com/onne-customs-generates-n246bn-in-10-months/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by insidelife22(m): 6:24am On Nov 04, 2023
Most of the money was paid by Igbo traders.

Without Igbos Nigeria will crumble.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by SoNature(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2023
People should use that port regularly to reduce the chaos in Lagos. I know that Onne-Trailer Park axis of the East-West road is always gridlocked, but that's nothing compared to what happens in Lagos.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by AbuTwins: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2023
Baba Imam, Una try o!

For only Rivers State?

Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by adesegun121(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2023
G
Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by yeman05(m): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2023
T
Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by EnglishUsa: 7:10am On Nov 04, 2023
Now where is the money

5 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by usecondom(m): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2023
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by datola: 7:12am On Nov 04, 2023
Be generating billions at the expense of suffering Nigerians for the government officials to waste on Japanese luxury SUVs and yacht.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by SoNature(m): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2023
insidelife22:

As you brag with importation, make efforts to establish companies that produce locally those things you import so you don't start crying of victimisation when the government decides to ban certain imported items.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by legitnow1: 7:14am On Nov 04, 2023
open up the eastern ports and let us see the lagos port yoruba they use run their dry mouth.

i listen to Adekunle Granson and all i was saying is I dont blame u, no be your fault.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by melodyogonna(m): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2023
Why is the port generating that much revenue? I hope it is not getting overtaxed

4 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by AutoChick4U(f): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2023
Customs should do their jobs instead of bothering much about revenue generation. They are stiffling d citizens and their businesses to make money. Nigeria can't move forward with this

10 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by Trumpdonald5: 7:15am On Nov 04, 2023
Impound? That's for those without connections or refusal to settle. Most of the so called contraband still pass through the ports.
Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by AutoChick4U(f): 7:15am On Nov 04, 2023
melodyogonna:
Why is the port generating that much revenue? I hope it is not getting overtaxed
it is na. Many people can't conduct their normal business because of it. They are killing d economy

2 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by ItisWell22(f): 7:15am On Nov 04, 2023
insidelife22:

Try dey rest! 😟

You dey enjoy the tribal bashing here, or you’re from elsewhere and just want the tribe to be bashed this beautiful Saturday? 🤔

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by AbuTwins: 7:15am On Nov 04, 2023
insidelife22:

You are right!

Charity they say begins at home!

Who starts giving charity abroad?

Ndi "na we develop Lagos and everywhere".

[b]IGR of mediocre Ogun state is greater than that of the whole vibrant South East!

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by yeman05(m): 7:15am On Nov 04, 2023
Imagine that first comment under this news? I can’t even quote it.
Kudos to our Custom service. Nigeria will be great in my lifetime. Only expect Good news out of the country from Now on. Election period is over it’s time for deliveries

5 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by pato2016: 7:16am On Nov 04, 2023
Is this really true?
Someone argued with me lately that Onne port no longer function oo.

7 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by Roboto11: 7:16am On Nov 04, 2023
SoNature:

As you brag with importation, make efforts to establish companies that produce locally those things you import so you don't start crying of victimisation when the government decides to ban certain imported items.

But they are also known for export na.

grin

4 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by Menclothing: 7:16am On Nov 04, 2023
Ph port is working to its full capacity only ignorant people don’t know

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by APCNig: 7:16am On Nov 04, 2023
Bala Imam is the Comptroller General at Onne Port. E no go better for him Mama and the bastards that put the Vagabond there. He should got to Zamfara or Kebbi Port nah.

Emilokan Tinubu, don't let this idiot juju catch you oooo. He needs to go back to his useless village

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by AutoChick4U(f): 7:16am On Nov 04, 2023
legitnow1:
open up the eastern ports and let us see the lagos pot yoruba they use run their dry mouth.

i listen to Adekunle Granson and all i was saying is I dont blame u, no be your fault.
They don't know that will create morejobs and grow d economy. Lagos is too congested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by SoNature(m): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2023
Roboto11:

But they are also known for export na.

grin

Not true. Nigerians are mostly importers. If we actually export things, we wouldn't be having USD crises.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by legitnow1: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2023
pato2016:
Is this really true?
Someone argued with me lately that Onne port no longer function oo.

A SECOND SEAPORT WILL BE BUILT IN ABIA NEXT TO IT ON THE OTHER SIDE.

ABA SEAPORT.

5 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by APCNig: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2023
insidelife22:

Yes nah, that's why Igbo land is so developed such that over 75% Igbos are slaving in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja, while others are in prisons all over the world for trafficking besides the ones that have been beheaded in Saudi Arabia and Thailand for drugs distribution

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by AutoChick4U(f): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2023
yeman05:
Imagine that first comment under this news? I can’t even quote it.
Kudos to our Custom service. Nigeria will be great in my lifetime. Only expect Good news out of the country from Now on. Election period is over it’s time for deliveries
This is not good news! Custom don turn firs?
Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by Roboto11: 7:18am On Nov 04, 2023
SoNature:

Not true. Nigerians are mostly importers. If we actually export things, we wouldn't be having USD crises.

Ask in Indonesia, India, Brazil, South Africa, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by BoldBrainz(m): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2023
insidelife22:

Isn't it too early for this?

4 Likes

Re: Onne Customs Generate ₦‎246 Billion In 10 Months by Trumpdonald5: 7:18am On Nov 04, 2023
melodyogonna:
Of course it is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Begin Taking Delivery Of State-of-the-art Mi35m Helicopters / PDP Members Rejoice As Buhari Emerges APC's Presidential Candidate. / Official Thread For Wailing After APC Is Declared Winner In Edo Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.