Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. (1840 Views)

Moment Gov Sim Fubara & Nyesom Wike Met At The State Council Chamber Today (vid) / Rivers: 27 Lawmakers Defy Gov. Sim Hold Plenary. / Wike Cries Out Concerning Rivers State Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Whalis: 7:56am On Nov 04, 2023
Those abusing Rivers elders for blaming Gov. Sim Fubara on the crises in Rivers State Gov. Sim has just heeded the counsel of the elders.
Below is his Press Release
PEACE IS PRICELESS

MY DEAR GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE.
I CONSIDER IT NECESSARY TO ISSUE THIS PRESS STATEMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENTS OF THE PAST FEW DAYS IN OUR DEAR STATE.

LATE ON SUNDAY NIGHT, 29TH OCTOBER 2023, I WAS INUNDATED WITH REPORTS THAT THE HALLOWED CHAMBER OF THE RIVERS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY HAS BEEN GUTTED BY FIRE. THE BLAZE WAS SUCCESSFULLY PUT OUT BY THE FIRE SERVICE, AFTER WHICH SECURITY AGENCIES TOOK CONTROL OF THE SITUATION.

MY VISIT TO THE ASSEMBLY COMPLEX ON MONDAY, 30TH OCTOBER 2023 WAS TO ASSESS THE LEVEL OF DAMAGE AND UNDERTAKE REMEDIAL MEASURES TO PROTECT LIVES AND PROPERTY WITHIN THE ASSEMBLY COMPLEX. I CHARGED THE SECURITY AGENCIES TO THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATE THE INCIDENT AND REPORT TO ME.

SHORTLY AFTER, I GOT REPORTS THAT THE STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY HAD BROKEN INTO TWO FACTIONS: ONE CLAIMING TO HAVE IMPEACHED AND SUSPENDED THE HOUSE LEADER AND 3 OTHERS PREPARATORY TO INITIATING AN IMPEACHMENT ACTION AGAINST ME, AND THE OTHER RIVAL FACTION IMPEACHING THE SPEAKER AND DEPUTY SPEAKER, THUS SPARKING OFF SOME FORM OF POLITICAL CRISIS.

I WISH TO THANK THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, HIS EXCELLENCY BOLA AHMED TINUBU, GCFR, FOR HIS FATHERLY INTERVENTION WHICH OPENED A SERIES OF COMMUNICATION CHANNELS TO FACILITATE THE TIMELY RESOLUTION OF THE FESTERING CRISES. I WISH TO ALSO THANK OUR ELDERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY INTERVENING IN THE MATTER.

LET ME CLEARLY STATE THAT MY ACTIONS ARE AIMED AT RESTORING PEACE AND STABILITY IN OUR STATE. I AM A MAN OF PEACE AND AS GOVERNOR, THE ADVANCEMENT OF OUR STATE IS MY PRIMARY CONCERN. CONSEQUENTLY, NO SACRIFICE IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO MAKE TO ACHIEVE THIS OBJECTIVE.

FURTHERMORE, IT IS THE COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE IMMEDIATE PAST GOVERNOR AND MINISTER OF THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, HIS EXCELLENCY, CHIEF BARRISTER, EZENWO NYESOM WIKE, GSSRS, LIFE BENCHER AND MY HUMBLE SELF, TO LEVERAGE ON OUR POSITIONS AND INFLUENCES WITHIN AND OUTSIDE THE STATE TO ADVANCE THE PROGRESS, SECURITY AND WELL-BEING OF OUR PEOPLE.

WE MUST THEREFORE NOT ALLOW CIRCUMSTANCES THAT COULD RETARD ALL EFFORTS AT ACHIEVING GREATNESS FOR OUR PEOPLE TO PREVAIL.

ON MY PART, I AM ALWAYS WILLING AND READY TO EMBRACE THE PATH TO LASTING PEACE AND TRANQUILITY WITH A COMMITMENT TO CONSUMMATING ALL EFFORTS AND INITIATIVES BY MR. PRESIDENT AND OTHER WELL-MEANING NIGERIANS, INCLUDING MY BROTHER GOVERNORS AND THE ELDERS.

I ASSURE THE GOOD PEOPLE AND YOUTHS OF RIVERS STATE, THAT PEACE WILL CERTAINLY PREVAIL AND WE SHALL CONTINUE TO WORK TOGETHER TO ADVANCE THE PEACE, SECURITY, PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT OF OUR STATE.

AS GOVERNOR, I SINCERELY APOLOGISE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE FOR THE REGRETTABLE ANXIETIES OF THE LAST FEW DAYS, WHILE THANKING YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONCERNS, AND CONTINUED SUPPORT, LOVE, AND PRAYERS.

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS OUR DEAR RIVERS STATE.

Signed

HIS EXCELLENCY,
SIR SIMINALAYI FUBARA, GSSRS,
GOVERNOR OF RIVERS STATE.
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Pierocash(m): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2023
No matter the peace brokered, don't allow Martin Amaehule to return as speaker. You will be sitting on a keg of gun powder should that be allowed, you can wake up one morning and hear that you have been impeached overnight. Seal the assembly complex for now, and be on a lookout to make sure that the 24 other factions do not sit anywhere in Rivers State.

My humble advice to you your Excellency

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Whalis: 8:12am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:
No matter the peace brokered, don't allow Martin Amaehule to return as speaker. You will be sitting on a keg of gun powder should that be allowed, you can wake up one morning and hear that you have been impeached overnight. Seal the assembly complex for now, and be on a lookout to make sure that the 24 other factions do not sit anywhere in Rivers State.

You are fanning the ember of discord. All members of the house were handpicked unfortunately by Wike including the governor. Sim needs to play along for now. The odds are again Sim. He doesn't have the numbers. He doesn't have the structures. Bros leave am you no go understand. Do you know that even the house member from his constituency wants him out? Do you think that the 24 house members all come from Wikes zone? Sim is already in the web of these people and wriggling out is almost impossible.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Pierocash(m): 8:22am On Nov 04, 2023
Whalis:

You are fanning the ember of discord. All members of the house were handpicked unfortunately by Wike including the governor. Sim needs to play along for now. The odds are again Sim. He doesn't have the numbers. He doesn't have the structures. Bros leave am you no go understand. Do you know that even the house member from his constituency wants him out? Do you think that the 24 house members all come from Wikes zone? Sim is already in the web of these people and wriggling out is almost impossible.
that is a pure lie. The number does not count as far as a sitting governor is concerned. Except Sim mumu himself na em remain. All he needs to do is to seal the complex, remove Amaehule , rope him with an allegation of gun running and plot to destabilize the state, get him arrested and seal his official residence while he is been detained. Before he returns , the new speaker has occupied the official residence. Nothing will happen. You can ask how Obaseki did it in Edo state.

There are states where the governor is from another party , while more than 99% of the assembly lawmakers are from another party. How did the governor survive in their midst. Except Sim willingly surrenders , he has all it takes to dismantle every barger

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Whalis: 8:30am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:
that is a pure lie. The number does not count as far as a sitting governor is concerned. Except Sim mumu himself na em remain. All he needs to do is to seal the complex, remove Amaehule , rope him with an allegation of gun running and plot to destabilize the state, get him arrested and seal his official residence while he is been detained. Before he returns , the new speaker has occupied the official residence. Nothing will happen. You can ask how Obaseki did it in Edo state.

There are states where the governor is from another party , while more than 99% of the assembly lawmakers are from another party. How did the governor survive in their midst. Except Sim willingly surrenders , he has all it takes to dismantle every barger
This can happen when you have substantial number of house members and the FG. Sim can't do this because he doesn't have FG neither does he have the numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Nightwolf1: 8:31am On Nov 04, 2023
Shake hand with the devil. grin the failure of Sim to chase Wike away will be his downfall.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by MyMouth(m): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:

You guys keep mentioning Obaseki, you forget that the circumstances are different. During Obaseki, Buhari aka sit-down look was president, and the cabal were against Oshomole and his supposed godfather Tinubu, Oshomole sef was not that powerful at the federal then unlike Wike who is powerful home and away. It is in the interest of the governor to mellow down for now, if now the federal government would provide the 24 legislatures the required security to carryout their duties and you know the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2023
From the onset Fubara should have known that he who pays the piper dictates the tune....

1 Like

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by mrvitalis(m): 8:35am On Nov 04, 2023
Whalis:

Lamp starve those wike boys contracts.... While reward your loyalist with contracts they would realign in max 1 year

Ask okowa, ask udom, ask wike

You are asking him to follow ambode

Name me one governor that fought past governors and lost outside ambode? Ambode trusted tinubu too much started fighting late

If sim doesn't fight now he won't win party ticket ooh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by mrvitalis(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2023
Whalis:

This can happen when you have substantial number of house members and the FG. Sim can't do this because he doesn't have FG neither does he have the numbers.
Sim has 8 that's enough...

1 Like

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by mrvitalis(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2023
MyMouth:

You guys keep mentioning Obaseki, you forget that the circumstances are different. During Obaseki, Buhari aka sit-down look was president, and the cabal were against Oshomole and his supposed godfather Tinubu, Oshomole sef was not that powerful at the federal then unlike Wike who is powerful home and away. It is in the interest of the governor to mellow down for now, if now the federal government would provide the 24 legislatures the required security to carryout their duties and you know the rest.
How's wike powerful?

1 Like

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Okwyjesus(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:

Greek gift ni. Wike won't forgive SIM. He will pick him unaware.

If he like , let him use his brain well. I wont be surprise any morning if l wake up with funny story about SIM.

TINUBU need WIKE structure in Rivers and WIKE is perfecting his godfatherism skill under Tinubu in Abuja

3 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Ekehwinz: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2023
This man is a goner, he won't win return ticket. You don't start political fight you can't finish.

1 Like

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by NothingDoMe: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Whalis:

Doesn't matter. He's the GOVERNOR and he should put on his big boy pants!

This is another ambode in power. Sorry to Rivers state indigenes. Lagos has come to you.
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by vanitybutiwanti: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:

There are actually 26 on wikes side, 2 on the fence and 4 on sims side, you never supported or voted for sim so why should he listen to you?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by NothingDoMe: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by tesppidd: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2023
With this development we can safely conclude that Som will do a maximum of one term only,,

And he will be a puppet governor for the entire 4 years,, he would only be a figure head governor with all decisions and finances controlled by the Abuja Strong man.

QED.

15 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by fortunez1(m): 9:02am On Nov 04, 2023
Good one from our 001 but respect ur Seniors and Elders
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by MyMouth(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2023
mrvitalis:

How's wike powerful?
EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Police Deploy Nyesom Wike’s Ex-Chief Security Officer, Other Loyalists To Head Tactical Units In Rivers State Amid Governor Fubara’s Impeachment Plot | Sahara Reporters https:///3tRVn2z
Sahara reporters just reported this👆
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by proeast(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2023
When you're dealing with a snake like Wike, you better watch your back. You took Wike by surprise by challenging him. You beat him to his game only for him to request for negotiation in Abuja. That was a clever ploy by Wike to buy time and recover. You failed to realize that and went to see him in Abuja. After you left, Wike started saying rubbish again.

If you're wise, groom your own men now! Seize control of the Rivers State House of assembly and local government chairmen. If you fail to do that, just watch how you will be removed in no distant time.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by proeast(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2023
The only way Fubara can subdue Wike is to ethnicize this problem. Let him rope in Ijaw national bodies and even militants. If he is street smart, that's what he should be doing now. Wike is working with Tinubu on this issue. The only way to scare Tinubu to back off is to bring the entire Ijaw behind him. Tinubu will be scared of having another rift with Ijaws when there are vultures already gathering around him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Pierocash(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2023
Whalis:

Amaechi never had the Federal Government on his side, they couldn't remove him. A governor is more powerful than a president in his domain.

Why didn't Tinubu provide security for the 15 lawmakers who where denied access to the chamber in Edo? Why didn't he use his federal power then? You think say nah so politics be?

I know you will say Tinubu was not president then, but he was very powerful than Wike. He could deploy security men to shoot protesters in lekki during endsars, but could no longer do same for the lawmakers under Obaseki abi?

1 Like

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by tinsel: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2023
MyMouth:

Don't mind people who forget history so easily. Adam Oshiomole was even removed as APC chairman partly as a result of Obaseki.

15 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Pierocash(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2023
MyMouth:

Why didn't Tinubu provide security for the 15 lawmakers who where denied access to the chamber in Edo? Why didn't he use his federal power then? You think say nah so politics be?

I know you will say Tinubu was not president then, but he was very powerful than Wike. He could deploy security men to shoot protesters in lekki during endsars, but could no longer do same for the lawmakers under Obaseki abi?

Tinubu will never provide any security for anybody to remove Fubara , there are men in Tinubu's cabinet who are also working against Wike

Fubara can crush any bagger and federal government will do nothing, he has everyone with him including PDP governors. Don't think wike is fighting only Fubara, he has to contend with the whole PDP governors to remove him. Fubara should go for Amaehule and bring him down to his knees, that's all
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Eteka1(m): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2023
Plenty of you on this forum have become overnight political strategists. And you all want to practice your political strategies on Wike. Wike na Man!

1 Like

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by ronalmagic10(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2023
Fubura don Bleep up. Ipob/LP will cry tire without sleep

You for at least prolong the fight small nah so that those sadyeast people will have small hope

See as you carry their brain play table tennis

15 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Adabestseason(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2023
Go and learn from Obaseki of edo state,if God in heaven has given opportunity liberate the state and her people now,the time is now,we must move beyond the mentality of appearing to be concerned but not having the courage needed to produce substantial changes.Every reasonable south-south person should rally round you.The problem is the state allocations nothing else,you were the accountant-general of the state.So wise-up.The state house of assembly complex should be under renovation for 4 years from now and don't rely on nigerian police.
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by mrvitalis(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2023
MyMouth:

EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Police Deploy Nyesom Wike’s Ex-Chief Security Officer, Other Loyalists To Head Tactical Units In Rivers State Amid Governor Fubara’s Impeachment Plot | Sahara Reporters https:///3tRVn2z
Sahara reporters just reported this👆
Lmaooo n so?
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Whalis: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2023
Pierocash:
Amaechi never had the Federal Government on his side, they couldn't remove him. A governor is more powerful than a president in his domain.

Amaechi had the house. Check again.
Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by Svoboda(m): 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
tesppidd:
With this development we can safely conclude that Som will do a maximum of one term only,,

And he will be a puppet governor for the entire 4 years,, he would only be a figure head governor with all decisions and finances controlled by the Abuja Strong man.

QED.

If hes smart, that press release is a smokescreen. Wike will not backdown. Sim has the power and resources to fight dirty if he is brave enough to do that. Let him cultivate the peoples support and make them believe that wike camp are the enemies of the state. Let him take the fight to them, because fight or not, wike will not back down. Even tinubu can dispense with wike if wike begins to outshine the president.

One more thing, fubara should find a way to stay close to tinubu and earn his trust. He can win this war and settle tinubu well in 2027.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Sim Fubara Press Release Concerning Rivers Crisis. by vanitybutiwanti: 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
Svoboda:

If hes smart, that press release is a smokescreen. Wike will not backdown. Sim has the power and resources to fight dirty if he is brave enough to do that. Let him cultivate the peoples support and make them believe that wike camp are the enemies of the state. Let him take the fight to them, because fight or not, wike will not back down. Even tinubu can dispense with wike if wike begins to outshine the president.

One more thing, fubara should find a way to stay close to tinubu and earn his trust. He can win this war and settle tinubu well in 2027.

I don't hate sim, I want him to reconcile with wike but if he insists on fighting wike, as long as wike is with Tinubu, sim will do just a term, some ikwerre people are already angry and they have the highest number of registered voters, all wike has to do is to give the second term ticket to a candidate from kalabari, and sim will be on his way out. Sim is listening to people that never voted or supported him.

This same sim went to an atikus ally house in Rivers to eat, those people never wanted him to be governor, they took him to court and leaked the EFCC news, if you were wike and you discovered that sim was dining with your enemy, few months into his administration, how would you react?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect / Is Nigeria Cursed? / Adam Oshiomole The Obama Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.