Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You (650 Views)

Nigeria Did Not Apply To Join BRICS, Says Shettima / Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Sirgen05(m): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2023
Name one good thing you have benefited from the government

For me...

I paid 'peanut' as school fee during my undergraduate medical training. In some countries you work for many years to offset government loans for training

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by LeoDeKing: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2023
Rwanda is now visa free, anyone interested can switch please.

No time for inanities.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Ms202309: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2023
cool

Everything and I mean practically everything is subsidized using Crude Oil Dollar by CBN

As long as it's on the import list Nigeria Government are paying part for me and you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by mrvitalis(m): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2023
Sirgen05:

For me...

I paid 'peanut' as school fee during my undergraduate medical training. In some countries you work for many years to offset government loans for training
Practically paid nothing compared to the quality of education I got..

Cheap medical bills

Cheap electricity then sha not now

What else?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by christejames(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2023
Nigeria made me realize that I can be smiling while surfering embarassed...

What a wonderful thing the country did!

On a serious note, cheap tuition fees for tertiary education until Tinubu came and said we've had enough. Of what use is the certificate when you can't even get a job with it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by thesicilian: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2023
Sirgen05:

For me...

people won't realize the value of being first class citizens in their own country until they travel out and start getting palpitations on seeing law enforcement officers even when they've committed no crime.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Couldntfigurean: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2023
We gained tinubu the builder,just like how he built Lagos,he will build Nigeria

Here is a rare pic of VI and Ikeja before Bola the builder landed from Chicago and became Governor in 1999

Have a likkle patience Mahn

4 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Iamanoited: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2023
MY SUFFRAGE IS FREE FOR ME TO USE ANYTIME.
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Roger3D(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2023
Cheap education and the Nigerian government sponsored my PhD abroad. I have beniffited from Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by RepoMan007: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

No time for inanities.
Extreme stupidity is a choice.

2 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by RepoMan007: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2023
Cheap fuel for many years. Subsidized dollar for some years. Toll free roads I hardly use.

3 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by cdqyehyeh(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Everything.
Education, health care, Freedom, Occupation, Food, Shelter, clothing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Boogyman557: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
vv
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Wisereborn: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2023
This topic should be what Nigeria has done for it leaders

Cause obviously Nigeria is all about it selfish leaders and their benefits (allowances)

For those of you saying contrary, go and make the comparison between Nigeria and other countries with crude oil, see for yourself how they treat their citizens and stop your mediocrity for once undecided

7 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Wisereborn: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

No time for inanities.
If Nigeria is actually as good as your likes are trying to portray, will you be giving people the option of Rwanda

Doesn't your conscience weigh on you How do you fall asleep

1 Like

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2023
thesicilian:

Same here.

Second, people won't realize the value of being first class citizens in their own country until they travel out and start getting palpitations on seeing law enforcement officers even when they've committed no crime.

You ‘one Nigeria’ laundry merchants can be funny atimes! Can’t speak for other ethnicities, but being Igbo i know for a fact that Nigeria is one of the most emasculating, unequal and tribalistic countries in the world! A Igbo man in the UK, US or Canada is treated much better than his kinsfolk are treated in Nigeria by their so called ‘fellow compatriots’! Even when the slave trade is considered, i doubt that as many Igbo lost their lives at the hand of the Europeans than they did at the hand of their ‘fellow compatriots’ from the late 60s to date!

So yes….fck Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by d142475: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Fucking hypocrite and pity party merchant. The Igbos are the most nativist and tribalistic tribe in Nigeria. You are tribalistic even amongst yourselves. An Imo Igbo discriminates against an Anambra Igbo. The Anambra Igbo looks down on the Ebonyi Igbo as it being Igbo enough. You are tribalistic even up to your local government of origin.
The privileges other tribes give to migrant Igbos, the Igbos will never give it to them in Igbo land. The South East of Nigeria is the least favorite destination for internal migration in Nigeria because of the tribalistic and discriminatory mindset of the Igbos. The Igbos migrate to other African countries (South Africa, Ghana, etc) with their fraudulent mindset and give the rest of Nigeria a bad name. Your attitude is disgusting and even sincere Igbos say it. I know many Igbos, who don’t want to have anything to do with fellow Igbos, because of their deceptive and fraudulent mentality.
The Igbos are one of the most racist and tribalistic than any tribes in Nigeria. Fix your home and mindset and stop spewing propaganda
You ‘one Nigeria’ laundry merchants can be funny atimes! Can’t speak for other ethnicities, but being Igbo i know for a fact that Nigeria is one of the most emasculating, unequal and tribalistic countries in the world! A Igbo man in the UK, US or Canada is treated much better than his kinsfolk are treated in Nigeria by their so called ‘fellow compatriots’! Even when the slave trade is considered, i doubt that as many Igbo lost their lives at the hand of the Europeans than they did at the hand of their ‘fellow compatriots’ from the late 60s to date!

So yes….fck Nigeria!
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Elsudani2: 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:

No time for inanities.

Rwanda better pass Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=d142475 post=126804486][/quote]

It’s always easy to spot a leeching, parasitic ‘one Nigerianist’ apologist! Dude, try and learn how to quote first before trying to engage others on this forum! At no point did i specifically mention any other ethnicity! Or is your argument that there are no deep divisions, antagonism, bigotry, nepotism and hatred in your Nigeria!?

1 Like

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Catapault: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2023
Wisereborn:
This topic should be what Nigeria has done for it leaders

Cause obviously Nigeria is all about it selfish leaders and their benefits (allowances)

For those of you saying contrary, go and make the comparison between Nigeria and other countries with crude oil, see for yourself how they treat their citizens and stop your mediocrity for once undecided

Use your damn brain. UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait etc. all have 3 or 4 times Nigeria’s oil and gas deposits and exports, while having at the same time tiny populations of 2 million here, 25 million there.

So they have more than enough money to develop their lands and live like kings even with the massive corruption of their oil sheiks.

NIGERIAN oil and gas will NEVER be sufficient for its 220 million population. That’s why the emphasis is on economic diversification away from oil dependence.

Go and hustle and be productive instead of expecting “oil money like Dubai”.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Catapault: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2023
Elsudani2:

Rwanda better pass Nigeria

You are ignorant and dumb.

Go and live in Rwanda. Na to use mouth?

Biafran dunce.

For you animals, even Afghanistan and Somalia are “better than Nigeria”.

Outcasts.
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Catapault: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

So yes….fck Nigeria!

I have no idea what parasites like you actually do on this NIGERIAN forum.

You are NOT a Nigerian.

You are a foreigner. Outcast.

We don’t CARE what you think about Nigeria.

GO AWAY, PARASITE.
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by thesicilian: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

So yes….fck Nigeria!
Not interested in your psychotic rants
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by nonhuman(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2023
I got an ipad during buhari, that's the only thing
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by d142475: 4:37am On Nov 06, 2023
[quote author=LOVEALAIGBO post=126805210]

Shameless hypocrite. You got called out on your hypocrisy and you go on attack like a rabid raccoon. Go and fix your discriminatory, nativist mindset in the East. Idiot.
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Elsudani2: 4:41am On Nov 06, 2023
Catapault:

You are ignorant and dumb.

Go and live in Rwanda. Na to use mouth?

Biafran dunce.

For you animals, even Afghanistan and Somalia are “better than Nigeria”.

Outcasts.

Rwanda is better than Nigeria, you can argue with your father
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by 10thTenthMan: 4:58am On Nov 06, 2023
1. CHEAP EDUCATION: Free Primary, Secondary and Cheap Tertiary Education. I attended public schools from start to finish.

School fees at university was 3,997 Naira Per session. 1999 to 2003.

2. FIGHTING SPIRIT : The never say die attitude. Never say never. Never give up. Channeled into positive things, it brings great benefits in the long run.

If only this spirit didn’t come out of adversity. Who knows? Maybe this spirit can only come from some form of adversity. But the adversities in Nigeria are just too much.

Street Smartness: Nigeria has also given me the street slyness. For every other city around the globe I have visited and stayed for long, it was impossible to scam or take undue advantage of me. Ears wide open. Eyes wide open. Saying only what was necessary and preemptively calculating any moves made to the next 500 steps ahead.

3. TOUGH AS NAILS: As funny as this might sound. This country has passed me through experiences that I might not even experience in a War Zone. It has made me tough. As tough as nails. My mindset is anything is possible. Nothing changes unless something changes. Do it afraid. Anything is possible. These form the motto of my ventures and life today.

4. CONDIFENCE IN BEING BLACK AND BEING AFRICAN: As a young adult, I read my father's collection of African Writers Series and got hooked. I read the works of Elechi Amadi, Chinua Achebe, Nguigi, and Wole Soyinka's books. It was an eye opener for me . The stories in the novels showed our deep cultural heritage. This viewpoint is without moral judgment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Raskimonojendor: 6:07am On Nov 06, 2023
Low university fees.
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Wisereborn: 6:29am On Nov 06, 2023
Catapault:

Use your damn brain. UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait etc. all have 3 or 4 times Nigeria’s oil and gas deposits and exports, while having at the same time tiny populations of 2 million here, 25 million there.

So they have more than enough money to develop their lands and live like kings even with the massive corruption of their oil sheiks.

NIGERIAN oil and gas will NEVER be sufficient for its 220 million population. That’s why the emphasis is on economic diversification away from oil dependence.

Go and hustle and be productive instead of expecting “oil money like Dubai”.

And here you are expecting comments like Dubai grin grin

If the leaders of these countries you mentioned are living large at the expense of their citizens, you will not have Dubai to run to today

You guys make fake and empty promises to the masses knowing fully well of this large population, rig yourselves into power and continue to foam in the mouth

You guys will never know peace until you genuinely start doing right by the people undecided
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by Day169: 7:20am On Nov 06, 2023
Nigeria has given me an identity and an unwavering will to survive, and possibly excel. cool
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by LOVEALAIGBO: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2023
[quote author=d142475 post=126813813][/quote]

Just seen this thrash! This inebriated dolt still hasn’t got the hang of it when it comes to quoting a post!

‘Got called out’ how!? I gave my answer based on my experience and that of my kinsfolk living in Nigeria as Igbo, and for some funny reason that infuriated you! Why’s that!? You view and treat a people like scum then wonder why they’re not too enthused sharing the same country with your hateful ass!

The worst thing to ever happen to Ndigbo…..as well as other liberal-minded ethnicities sharing a understanding and appreciation for justice and fairness, was to find ourselves sharing the same country with primitive-minded, xenophobic and vengeful ‘compatriots’ like you! Lugard set the unfortunate ball rolling by amalgamating the Northern and Southern protectorates in 1914, and the likes of Zik gave said ball an extra kick by not reading the handwriting on the wall and realising Ndigbo have a vastly different world-view and values when compared with the Hausa-Fulani! This was even after the targeted murders in the north of Igbo in the 50s! I understand he couldn’t have foreseen way back then that we were equally incompatible with the Yoruba as the schisms only surfaced AFTER ‘independence’ in the 60s! However, i believe both parties are reasonable enough to the extent that if it were just up to both of us, and we saw we couldn’t carry on the charade of sharing the same country, we would long since have parted ways and been living separate lives! The problem with ‘one Nigeria’ today is that those holding others hostage have set up a political-economy and security structure that gives them hegemonic control over others via divide-and-rule, state sponsored murder and intimidation, and blatant bribery!

The mere fact your evil Nigerian state would prefer to murder innocent youth and agitators, rather than constructively engage them in a round-table discussion, is all the proof needed to show Ndigbo are in a despotic and oppressive union with those who see them as being 3rd-class slaves only good for cannon-fodder!

Now tell us your own ethnicity.
Re: State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You by d142475: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
n

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is The World Avoiding Tinubu? / How I Disciplined Visa Processing Officer Caught Watching BBN On Duty–minister / Delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.