Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum (22068 Views)

Disquiet Over Tinubu’s Appointments / Most Of Tinubu’s Appointments Favour Southwest Region - HURIWA / 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Racoon(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2023
The Northern Youth Leaders Forum (NYLF) says the northerners have no right to complain about President Bola Tinubu’s ‘lopsided’ appointments. Some leaders from the region had accused Tinubu of skewed appointments in favour of the South West, the region he (Tinubu) hails from.

An Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi, had during one of his sermons recently, attacked Tinubu for appointing Southern Christians into key positions, saying the President would not get a second term in office.

The cleric also accused the President of using the North to get to the Presidency only to pursue an agenda aimed at decimating the political influence of the region.

Addressing newsmen in Abeokuta, Ogun State, the national President of NYLF, Elliot Afiyo, said Tinubu was widening the gap of alleged lopsided appointments inherited from his predecessor, Muhammadu Buhari.

He argued that Buhari created a lopsided appointment gap of 80:20 for the north and the south during his administration. Elliot, however, asked Tinubu to bridge the widening gap because the country must not continue in ‘error.’

He said “Since independence, when you look at the appointment by Tafawa Balewa you will agree with me that it was 40/60 north-south and subsequent appointment by General Yakubu Gowon was trying to narrow the gap, and even in the democratic setting in 1999 under the leadership of President (Olusegun) Obasanjo. That is why I always say he is my father, because he has a nationalistic thinking.

“But Buhari came in and created the gap to be 20/80. And even the northerners that they were saying that Buhari appointed were not northerners per se. There were a few cliques, the North itself didn’t benefit from it, but we are now seeing the appointments by President Tinubu are tilting towards the South West. He narrowed the gap that Buhari created, but the gap he is creating now is also widening.

“I would say northerners don’t have the right to complain that the appointments or placements are lopsided. We don’t have the right to complain. But as an advanced citizen, I ask: can we continue like this? If we get an Igbo President, he will appoint Igbos. Where are we going as a nation? So, there is a need for us to balance it.”

He also frowned at what he called negative propaganda against the administration of Tinubu by some religious leaders in the north, calling on security agencies to call them to intervene.

Afiayo called on Tinubu “to urgently curtail the ugly trend and situation before the minds of the people are polluted, especially the northern youth in the rural areas who constitute 70% of the Northern population.”
https://dailytrust.com/north-has-no-right-to-complain-over-tinubus-appointments-northern-forum/

29 Likes

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Wujio: 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
Like Buhari peppered the South, SW will get treatment eight years from now

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Racoon(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2023
It is good that those gladiators who solely believed the country belong to them are the ones who have long light up the fuse and set the template of bastadizing national cohesion and integration. Let the vicious cycle continue till the end of time.Ndi ala.

75 Likes 12 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Racoon(m): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2023
"....When Buhari appointed a majority of the service chiefs from a particular region and religion, he and his supporters defended it and claimed that even if all his appointees come from one region and religion in a multicultural, multi-religious and multiethnic nation like Nigeria, it means nothing as long as they are competent. Today, nothing exposes the shallowness and puerility of such appointments."[/b]

"Nepotism is the worst form of corruption. It is the mother of all corruption.That was probably why the framers of our constitution stood firmly against it, by enshrining the most-maligned Federal Character provisions at both Federal and State levels.

By the time we lift the lid off the other federal agencies populated by the President’s kinsmen, townsmen and clansmen; more stench is likely to come out..."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/nepotism-mother-corruption/amp/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by TooMuchStuff: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
Let merit count in any appointments or recruitment then you will see that the Core North only survive on nepotism and nepotism only

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Ifemide2(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
What a country

3 Likes

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by bhella10: 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
I agree with him. But I don't see any Igbo man ruling this Country Nigeria anytime soon. E go hard.

29 Likes 17 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by slivertongue: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
APC d rogue party

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by EyeCumInPiece: 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2023
Thïefnubu's nepotism is 10times worse than buhari.
Anyway not surprised, the druggie certificate forger never believed in one Nigeria.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
Me trying to grab the point ☹️

2 Likes

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Ola9ja23: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2023
Let them complain and receive dirty slaps

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by VinnyBaba: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2023
DRUGGIE's Useless Tribalistic Style of Governance will lead to his Downfall! sad sad

4 Likes

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by rolams(m): 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
Thank you ooo! after all, na Buhari start am. Na only the heading I read ooo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by JASONjnr(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2023
Exactly,

What is killing Nigeria is the phrase, "wait for your turn."

This is the turn of the West,the North will patiently wait and then the south will endure the nonsense and the circle will continue till the country breaks apart..

Untill the country is fixed, this country will remain a feast for corrupt folks.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by dominic17: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2023
As God or as what?
bhella10:
I agree with him. But I don't see any Igbo man ruling this Country Nigeria anytime soon. E go hard.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by bhella10: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
dominic17:
As God or as what?
As a Nigerian

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Burob: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
bhella10:
That Selfish Minded Gringory Obi has wasted the opportunity.

Even to congratulate Mr President the Shameless Apga Judas/ Pdp Runaway hasn’t the courage to?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by kunle4toyeyaho: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2023
bhella10:
Igbos are equally entitled to it. Let's desist from making this type of comment

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by bhella10: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
They are equally entitled to it. Let's desist from making this type of comment
I have seen worse. This is just the harsh reality.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Burob: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
JASONjnr:
Exactly,

What is killing Nigeria is the phrase, "wait for your turn."

This is the turn of the West,the North will patiently wait and then the south will endure the nonsense and the circle will continue till the country breaks apart..

Untill the country is fixed, this country will remain a feast for corrupt folks.
Mr Man nothing wrong with Nigeria, No Country is an Utopia, definitely no country in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Spandau: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=EyeCumInPiece post=126810689]Tiffnubu's nepotism is 10times worse than buhari.
Anyway not surprised, the druggie certificate forger never believed in one Nigeria. [/please!

When dogs bark.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by StealthGuy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
Dem still mention Igbo for the matter

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by b3llo(m): 11:49pm On Nov 05, 2023
Buhari set a bad precedence and enthroned nepotism. Tinubu should show compassion and accommodate all regions of the federation.
Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by MrBiGGEST(m): 2:52am On Nov 06, 2023
grin lipsrsealed
Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Elsudani2: 3:08am On Nov 06, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
Tiffnubu's nepotism is 10times worse than buhari.
Anyway not surprised, the druggie certificate forger never believed in one Nigeria.

Any cow dung almajiri that complain about jagaban must die

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by Goodvibes007: 3:39am On Nov 06, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:14am On Nov 06, 2023
Buhari taught others a bitter lesson

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / How Saraki Looted Kwara – EFCC, CCB / Fayose Placing A Cap On Lere Olayinka, Supports Him For Post Of PDP Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.