Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

The Nurse Mistook Her Tights For “marks,” But What Was On Them Was A Deadly... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Nurse Mistook Her Tights For “marks,” But What Was On Them Was A Deadly... (184 Views)

Why The Current Heat Wave Is Very Deadly / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected / How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nurse Mistook Her Tights For “marks,” But What Was On Them Was A Deadly... by Helpleak(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
The nurse mistook her tights for “marks,” but what was on them was a deadly cancer

To combat the illness, she went through three cycles of chemotherapy and received a bone marrow transplant.

A nurse, Jan Henry, hailing from Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria, initially believed that marks on her tights were nothing more than regular blemishes. However, on her first day in a new job, she came to realize that these marks were, in fact, bruises. This revelation led to the distressing diagnosis of acute myeloid leukemia, an aggressive form of blood cancer.

According to a report from Bristol Live, Jan was serving as a senior sister in the same hospital where she had previously worked in the A&E department. It was during this time that she noticed an unusual occurrence on her legs.

She recounted, “While adjusting my tights and attempting to alleviate the peculiar sensation of fabric clinging to my skin, I tried to remove what I initially thought was stuck to them.”

Upon closer examination, it became apparent that the marks were actually purpuric bruises. Purpura refers to small blood spots that manifest beneath the skin, typically occurring when blood vessels leak under...

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Stubborn Bumps Or Rashes Under My Chin / Conjoined Twins Delivered At Lasuth / Is It Possible For A Lady To Be Disvirgined Without Bleeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.