Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? (19536 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Brushing Before Eating Or After Eating? / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by kay29000(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2023
Okanatansiike:
Everything is now woke in this world.

So you want to pamper mouth odour??

OGA if you wake up brush your smelling mouth before eating

I swear to heavenly father if you carry smelling mouth come my shop to buy your beloved breakfast, better don't say "Good morning " because if you talk am I smell pim I go blow you to Allah walahi

Haba 🤦

Lol cheesy
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by fastseo: 11:15am On Nov 21, 2023
Sirmwill:
It completely depends on the person

Some people cannot eat with the feeling of their teeth not yet brushed

Some can't eat just after brushing their teeth

It makes the food taste kinda weird personally

Some cannot eat before and after brushing

Some can eat without brushing and not still brush for the whole day.

Some have not brushed their teeth for the past 1week.

Once again, it depends on the person
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by qtx(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2023
Sirmwill:
It completely depends on the person

Some people cannot eat with the feeling of their teeth not yet brushed

Some can't eat just after brushing their teeth

It makes the food taste kinda weird personally

Some cannot eat before and after brushing

Some can eat without brushing and not still brush for the whole day.

Some have not brushed their teeth for the past 1week.

Once again, it depends on the person
It should not depend on the person o. A dentist will tell you that except you brushed before going to bed last night, you must brush before taking your breakfast in the morning. And that even if you brushed last night, youstill need to atleast rinse your mouth with water in the morning before eating. But if you didnt brush the previous night at all, some bacteria would have assembled kind of in your mouth due to food sediments in the tongue, gums, etc.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by tranxo(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue.

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help

If you brush after dinner, you can eat breakfast and brush after.

But if you do not brush after dinner, you need to brush before breakfast.

The ideal thing though is to brush after dinner and after breakfast.

2 Likes

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by GentuLion: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2023
OP it's simple! Let's just flip it this way!

Same way you brush before going to bed after eating is same way you should brush before going out after eating and not vice versa!

It doesn't matter if you brushed before eating, the goal is to have a fresh breathe when you go out there and if you don't brush be ready to stay on menthols or gums to maintain a fresh breathe all day!!

osasere06:

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by iamdapsyj(m): 11:42am On Nov 21, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Brush before any fast taking is appropriate and the best because once after brushing follow up by taking meals is good and can last you a fresher and healthy breathe at least 12 hour's
But brushing after eating can make your tummy filled but the mouth will be tasty and craving for food within a short period of hour's.

Note: I'm narrating base on my own personal view and experience but I don't know for others because what works for me can't work for others and as for the debris as you suggested, gargling might play a role here

In as much as you are entitled to how you perform your mouth hygiene, the correct way to brush the teeth is after breakfast taking cognisance that you must have brushed your teeth a night before.

At best you can also use mouth wash before breakfast if you so wish ....
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by iamdapsyj(m): 11:45am On Nov 21, 2023
GentuLion:
OP it's simple! Let's just flip it this way!

Same way you brush before going to bed after eating is same way you should brush before going out after eating and not vice versa!

It doesn't matter if you brushed before eating, the goal is to have a fresh breathe when you go out there and if you don't brush be ready to stay on menthols or gums to maintain a fresh breathe all day!!

The correct way to brush the teeth is after breakfast taking cognisance that you must have brushed your teeth a night before.

At best you can also use mouth wash before breakfast if you so wish ....
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by akaahs(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2023
I brush after dinner and eat ib the morning be4 brushing.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by wallarwallar(m): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
Brush twice daily. First in the morning be4 u eat and at might before u sleep
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by hansomb: 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
Advantage of brushing b4 eating as a Muslim is meeting your God with fresh clean mouth and breath. Not disturbing other worshippers with smelling mouth during subhi prayer. Advantage of brushing after eating is your mouth stays fresh n free from any food particles till lunch. Me personally, I brush when I wake up for fajr prayer (4:00 am to 5 a.m) and sometimes b4 sleeping if I feel my mouth clouded with food particles or if it's aching.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by peterbello(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bahamas95:
Nothing on earth would make me eat without brushing, the food won't pass my throat. Even if I brushed before going to bed which I always do I will still brush again before eating anything in the morning.

After eating in the morning I have this habit of brushing again if I want to go out.....I just love being fresh always.

So do you brush before and/or after "Licking plate" or that one no join? Are you aware that excessive fluoride in the system is a problem too? There are many things we do which just doesn't add up. We just do them to feel good. For example, brushing regularly before eating but never brushing before "locking plate". Or eating swallow with the right hand but eating akara and pap or bread and tea while holding the spoon with the right hand and using the left hand for the akara or bread.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Whatisurproblem(m): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:

Kindly help
this one na food Op? What happens to egunshi and gbegiri with semo or akpu. Remove this Rubbish biko
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by brownbib(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2023
How can one even eat in the morning without brushing. Can't relate!
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Allisgud: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Brush before eating,but if u eat something like beans groundnut etc brush after eating
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Techhybeam: 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Like me I eat in the morning before brushing my teeth, because bread and tea meet me while on my bed😁😁😁
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
Jestin:
Either methodology is okay. Me when never brush for three weeks now, I nor die 😂. What of animals when nor dey brush at all
Werey

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by eepeepook: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Any is correct.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Smithwilliams826: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
Brush after eating if you are a lady. I can't be chewing meat/ I didn't eat. wink
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Hotice085: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2023
Once you brush on the night it's best you brush after eating in the morning

If you brush before eating do it 30minutes b4 eating
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Trailblazer93: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
I prefer brushing while eating ...
For me, it's eating while brushing...
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by sooperrescue(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
I went to a Dental Clinic in my base then in Switzerland. I just had beans and french fries and the Dentist was furious, flushing out beans from my mouth, He then advised me after the excercise that I am supposed to eat first before brushing in order for those type of debris to be flushed out all day long, Imagine brushing and eat vegetable soup and fufu. The leaf will hide somewhere and start to create havoc to your cavity.

1 Like

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by blackslayer: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
I think logically speaking, brushing after eating makes sense! why clean something right before you know you will make it dirty?
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by SaturnNick(m): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
Depends on the type of food
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by ChronicGp(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
Na wetin e mean
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Swiftgrp: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
GenderMix:
Brush at night.
Drink water before brushing in the morning to make the stomach alkaline and ready for digestion then you can eat.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by andyanders: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2023
jmoore:
Brushing before breakfast is a waste of toothpaste

After your last meal at night, you should brush your teeth.

Then in the morning, eat your breakfast before brushing your teeth.

The only exception should be for those not eating at home before going out. If you are not having breakfast at home, then brush before leaving. Unless you can put your toothbrush and paste in your bag when leaving which sounds weird.
Exactly on point.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Bebem(m): 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
What then causes bad breathe sometimes cause I discovered that when I brush and leave in the morning without eating, I stand a chance of having a bad breath that day.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by achimendy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:

Kindly help

What I normally do is I brush twice in a day morning and night. But night brush b4 bed is good because when you wake up in the morning you don't perceive that deadly smell unlike when you didn't brush. So it makes me still feel fresh in my mouth, then I'll eat b4 brushing in the morning.

That's the best way to keep the mouth fresh for me.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by achimendy(m): 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
tranxo:

If you brush after dinner, you can eat breakfast and brush after.

But if you do not brush after dinner, you need to brush before breakfast.

The ideal thing though is to brush after dinner and after breakfast.

Exactly.......

1 Like

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Tonytonex(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
If I see food first, I eat first. If food is delay. I brush first. Na first come, first serve but most of my morning in the past are being brush with ogogoro first, that one go kill all mouth bacteria as bacteria and ogogoro no be friends, I meant ,Chelsea and seaman or best whisky
What about Snap.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
Tonytonex:
What about Snap.
you get it
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by ThiagoKid(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
If I see food first, I eat first. If food is delay. I brush first. Na first come, first serve but most of my morning in the past are being brush with ogogoro first, that one go kill all mouth bacteria as bacteria and ogogoro no be friends, I meant ,Chelsea and seaman or best whisky

Blood of Zachariah! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strange Deadly Illness Reported In Yankari Games Reserve / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips / Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.