Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! (49630 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Culer: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kenmatt:
OP be truthful to your self.

Not just because you want your Post to grace the "Promise Land" you're dishing what many a man think, assume which may be far from the truth.

How could you say you have lost countless of relatives and friends as a result of Doctors forgetting instruments inside their Patients stomach.

We have actually heard a lot about this, but how many times has it happened.

Please, if you're very sure it has happened to your close one, kindly highlight it here.

Let's not just be hitting on myths and jettison fact
it has happened to someone in my neighborhood, he died as a result of the negligence of the doctors who forgot a pair of scissors in his abdomen after a "successful appendicitis surgery".
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Originalsly: 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hmmm ... and you think this happens only in Nigeria? I do agree with you that the problem is there are no consequences which will support negligence. Although there are serious consequences in the US and other developed countries ... it still happens... but not as often.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

1. Nigerian doctors are very very careless with the health of their patients.
2. You hate the truth.

1. That is poor and unintelligent generalization, akin to claiming that all Nigerian men are philanderers.

2. I have said nothing but the truth above. Those who disagree without adequate proof are the haters of the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Ekpekus(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
zedegit:
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.
The bolded needed to be scrutinized...
When you say "always" what exactly are you talking about?
How many friends and relatives do you have that are "countless "?
If this happened to your "countless" friends and relatives "always" ,then something is wrong somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Streetmovement:

Wotoporiously cool speaking

No mind them, naxo them dey kill people after them go talk say them be professional, professional kill you there.

You see doctors, nurses and police for this country, punishment wey dey wait for them go pass the one wey dem don do people.

I hate rubbish in my life.

If you break your bone, or have appendicits, or have your wife needing a caesarean for obstricted labour, let us show those evil Nigerian doctors how useless they are by having you do the necessary emergency operations on them

You can do it. If Leonid Ivanovich did it, so can you. Let's show them Nigerian doctors shege. They will soon cry.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

It's slim and 550 happened in 2 years?? Baba u just dey cap ..

It's not justification...it's just what it is

It is very difficult to discuss logic with unintelligent people.

I asked you to compare that figure with the total surgeries in Canada. Give me a percentage. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Kingbuhari(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

you are mad... If you are not mentally sound why becoming doctor.. go to Alaba and join Ur mates there
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

I asked you to compare that figure with the total surgeries in Canada. Give me a percentage. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Good, so do you have similar figures for Nigeria.

Let's expose Nigerian doctors...let's get the figures you have for Nigeria and compare to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

For example, if you have an appendicitis attack, and there is no time to fly abroad, you can follow the example of Leonid Ivanovich Rogzov and operate on yourself. Avoid all them evil Nigerian doctors.

nairalanda1:

Exactly, so avoid the careless Nigerian doctors by doing the operation yourself, if you cannot afford to go abroad.

You can do it. You are better than every Nigerian doctor.

Wetin dey do this one?

Even Ghana and Benin Republic better pass una
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kingbuhari:
you are mad... If you are not mentally sound why becoming doctor.. go to Alaba and join Ur mates there

Yes, all Nigerian doctors are mad

We must avoid them by doing operations ourselves when our loved ones need them...we cannot leave them in the hands of mad Nigerian doctors!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

Wetin dey do this one?

Even Ghana and Benin Republic better pass una

I am serious. If you have appendicits, do the operation yourself.

Let us avoid them crazy, incompetent Nigerian doctors.

Are you with me in this new revolutionary move?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by IamAsiri: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
gentposh:
Good Day house, pls I have a 32 channels DVR but I only installed 25 cameras.

How can I make the TV to only display those 25cams alone without showing the empty cameras on the screen

I think they will show sir.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by lekkicctv(m): 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
gentposh:
Good Day house, pls I have a 32 channels DVR but I only installed 25 cameras.

How can I make the TV to only display those 25cams alone without showing the empty cameras on the screen
What brand of DVR do you have? As it's possible you can have up to 24 showing but not 25 out of 32
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by wakabout(m): 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
aQUINandmore:
Wahala. I heard it happened in one hospital in nasarawa one time, the doctors forgot scissors in the woman's body after surgery. As unbelievable as it sounds.

Reach me on WhatsApp if you need permanet cure for weak erection and quick ejaculation and erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count. Permanet cure after one week
Drop your WhatsApp number please
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

1. The possibility of it happening in Canada is very very slim. Do you know how many surgeries are performed in Canada per day. Compare that with Nigeria and see the amount of instruments being forgotten in Nigeria.
2. How many Canadian doctors came online to justify the stupid act of their colleague.

1. How many surgeries are performed in Nigeria daily and weekly compared to Canada?!!

2. How many of such cases from above of negligence do you hear of in Nigeria despite the pitiable state of our healthcare system, which happens to be one of the worst on Earth?!!

3. How many online Canadian sites or platforms like Nairaland do you know?!!

Just dey cap upandan... If people begin call out APC and Tinubu now, you will remember that the things being complained about also happen in Canada and other nations. grin grin grin

Hypocrisy is a funny thing.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by jaxxy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
Even mechanics don't leave tools inside the engine. why should doctors leave their tools inside a living being patient? undecided
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kingbuhari:

Yet, you guys keep electing people like Buhari to lead the entire nation.

...And you have the guts to call a medical doctor mad.

The irony and hypocrisy!!! grin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

I deliberately didn't answer you because u are just capping....if u need stats go do ur research and compare it with Nigerian total number of surgeries as well...
Suddenly u know how bring up amount of surgeries to justify the 550 that happened in Canada in two years.........yet u were saying it's unacceptable when it was ur Nigerian doctor under discussion....

Oh ..so now there is an acceptable error margin because it's Canada..... Orí e tí darú...

U are just an aslicker and worshiper of white men...

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by gentposh: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
lekkicctv:
What brand of DVR do you have? As it's possible you can have up to 24 showing but not 25 out of 32

Ok sir... I will check and get back with you sir
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Basic123: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
Let Nigerian doctors be abeg.

They are overworked and underpaid.

How much does you government budget for healthcare every year?!! Compare that to what they budget for their personal cars, houses, yachts, etc?!!!

In some public hospitals, surgeons are practically doing 5 surgeries within a short time frame under the most inhumane conditions...!

Maybe you don't know some surgeries are performed without electricity and adequate ventilators and ventilation.

You need to go out there and do some research! Then, you will see how rotten your nation is.

Barely 6 months in office, your president has already gone abroad for healthcare twice.

Even your Labor President has been flown abroad for mere punch in the face.

So, what exactly are you dragging the few hardworking doctors for?!!! Instead of pressing for better healthcare system and better remuneration and working conditions for your doctors.

You people should continue electing useless leaders, then turn around to wail like idiots.
Then the man you claim to be the messiah of the fools,saints and also carried his useless self and fake life to UK for surgery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ornu5dcooq8
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

I deliberately didn't answer you because u are just capping....if u need stats go do ur research and compare it with Nigerian total number of surgeries as well...
Suddenly u know how bring up amount of surgeries to justify the 550 that happened in Canada in two years.........yet u were saying it's unacceptable when it was ur Nigerian doctor under discussion....

Oh ..so now there is an acceptable error margin because it's Canada..... Orí e tí darú...

U are just an aslicker and worshiper of white men...

You should hold yourself for your racist mindset. How is it anyone's fault you are unable to realise that humanity is colour blind. How is it even anyone's fault that you hate other races?. You need help

Who even gives statistics without a benchmark. You started to get angry when I cought and exposed you in your fraudulent statistics.

I was not going to reply you anymore but I needed to reply your insult and I hope you would be foolish enough to reply this message so that I can load more on your empty scull.

Omo ale jati jati
Ori e ti gbale
Shege dan iska..
Dan karuwa
Banza alade..
abin da aka tsinta a bola
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by lenghtinny(m): 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
Someone that doesn't know jack about medical law will come online and be yarning nonsense about clinical negligence just because they always want to pour their vile on Nigerian doctors.
Look at this OP talking about having countless friends and family that has suffered from clinical negligence but yet opt for nairaland instead of approaching the medical and dental practitioners disciplinary tribunal or a competent court of law which shows his claims holds no water....

SouthSouth1914:

Your comment is not only unacceptable but pedestrian. Doctors are professionals and shouldn’t be prone to these kind of mistakes when they have more than 2-5 persons attending to a patient who is being operated upon.
Being a professional doesn't exempt one from being prone to errors which shows they are only human just like every other average Joe on the street....

Where it becomes a problem is when these errors occurs more often than normal. Cases of clinical negligence happen all over the world even in your so called developed countries.

This belief that whenever things go wrong in the hospital, the doctor should be held liable all the time needs to stop.

In the case of Hatcher vs Black, Lord Denning said " It would be wrong and indeed, bad law, to say that simply because a misadventure or mishap occurred, the hospital and the doctors are thereby liable. It would be disastrous to the community if it were so. It would mean that a doctor examining a patient, or a surgeon operating at a table instead of getting on with his work would forever be looking over his shoulders to see if somebody was coming up with a dagger."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by columbus007(m): 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nature129:
They are probably thinking of family and financial problems cheesy
Lolz.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Kingbuhari(m): 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Yet, you guys keep electing people like Buhari to lead the entire nation.

...And you have the guts to call a medical doctor mad.

The irony and hypocrisy!!! grin
at least Boooohali is far better than Ebola Tulumbu Amoda
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Kingbuhari(m): 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, all Nigerian doctors are mad

We must avoid them by doing operations ourselves when our loved ones need them...we cannot leave them in the hands of mad Nigerian doctors!
you are madder
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by OfficialAPCNig: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
After a surgery in Nigeria, please go to a diagnostic centre for a complete scan within 72 hours.

Tell the operator that you just had a surgery and want to scan for missing organs, damaged organs and foreign objects like gauze, scissors and others.

Repeat this scan in different clinic after 7 days, a month and 3 months.

Nigerian doctors are wicked.

Don't say you were not warned.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Ekpekus(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
Culer:
it has happened to someone in my neighborhood, he died as a result of the negligence of the doctors who forgot a pair of scissors in his abdomen after a "successful appendicitis surgery".
So sorry to hear that.. what about the number of successful surgeries on individuals in your neighborhood that saved their lives? Abi dem nor dey do surgeries there?
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Culer: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ekpekus:

So sorry to hear that.. what about the numbers if successful surgeries on individuals in your neighborhood that saved their lives? Abi dem nor dey do surgeries there?
are you daft? You clearly admonished anyone who has close ones that have experienced what the OP is talking about to highlight it to clear doubts that it isn't mythical and I did so.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Ekpekus(m): 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
Culer:
are you daft? You clearly stated in your post that anyone who has close ones that have experienced what the OP is talking about should quote you to clear your doubt that it isn't a myth and I did so.
No need throwing insult as it depict low emotional intelligence.
You mentioned 1, Op mentioned countless and always...
Comparatively I asked for the numbers of surgeries successful, you started hurling insults... can't you engage in a discussion?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by lenghtinny(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
Culer:
are you daft? You clearly admonished that anyone who has close ones that have experienced what the OP is talking about to highlight it to clear doubts that it isn't a mythical and I did so.
I agree this isn't a myth but it's not an everyday occurrence....

If you follow the medical and dental practitioners disciplinary tribunal news, you would know that the cases of clinical negligence are taken seriously by the MDCN

If you have anyone that's a victim of clinical negligence, approach the court.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by lenghtinny(m): 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nahunger:
cool
Why do you think politicians go abroad to check for headaches and cough
So Nigerian medical professionals no full the abroad wey dem dey go ba ?

Your akonuche no know say na because of dilapidated healthcare system rather than professional negligence on the part of doctors make politicians dey run....

Abi you think say clinical negligence no dey sup for abroad

Google:

R vs Bateman

Roe vs minister of health

Cassidy vs minister of health

Mahon vs Osborne

Didaway vs Board of Governor, Bethlehem royal hospital

Anyone that thinks clinical negligence is a Nigerian doctors' thing need to get their brain checked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Says She Got Blinded Because Of A Soap She Applied On Her Face / Diseases That Mess Up Your Sex Life / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.