Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! (49622 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Gaabasky: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2023
Many surgeries are done under terrible condition. No good light sources, no qualified personnel to assist, no qualified anaesthetic nurses or Doctor to relax the patients, no good instruments, fatigue n over worked surgeons, terrible patients with complications. So many factors. By and large the surgeons should be calm n relaxed when performing any procedures. That individual life is 100% to his or her.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by lenghtinny(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Gaabasky:
Many surgeries are done under terrible condition. No good light sources, no qualified personnel to assist, no qualified anaesthetic nurses or Doctor to relax the patients, no good instruments, fatigue n over worked surgeons, terrible patients with complications. So many factors. By and large the surgeons should be calm n relaxed when performing any procedures. That individual life is 100% to his or her.
Thank you very much for your contribution....

Nigerians love to chase shadows instead of attacking a problem head on.

This same doctors they love to speak ill of will travel abroad and thrive there because they work under conditions that are decent for humans unlike Nigeria where one has to adapt all the time and they think errors won't happen.

Infact the doctors are trying working under such terrible conditions.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
stuffs2002:

You should hold yourself for your racist mindset. How is it anyone's fault you are unable to realise that humanity is colour blind. How is it even anyone's fault that you hate other races?. You need help

Racist?? U are the that's racist and needs help..
All I told u is that this things happens even in saner climes..instead of u to dialogue in a civil manner u resulted to insults and started to justify the 550 mistakes that happened in canada

.. Did u do the same for Nigeria?? U said it was unacceptable ... I exposed ur nonsense and asslîcking behavior... then u decided to shift goal post calling me racist...u clearly don't know the meaning of that word.... Again orí e tí dáru

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kingbuhari:
you are madder

So that means that when you have an appendictis, or your loved one needs an urgent operation, and flying abroad means they would die enroute...you would still consult those quacks that are called Nigerian doctors.

I am disappointed in you, honestly. You blast Nigerian doctors, then you call them when you need them. Hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by rapcy(m): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Indeed most of you don't even know the reality staring at you in the face.

Relax, when the reality of your nation hits, you will understand.

Let me give you a simple assignment first:

Leave your comfort zone, and visit public hospitals both within your state capital and local governments.

I don't support negligence, but there is no smoke without fire.

If NMA goes on strike indefinitely for these issues, people like you will still abuse them and call them insensitive.

Maybe, the entire Healthcare sector should be privatized... Let the owners of all the hospitals manage them and do proper oversight functions on them thoroughly. Maybe such things will stop.

Only problem will be that the same you people abusing doctors won't be able to see them at all then due to the incredibly high cost.

It is better they go on strike that way we know the patient died without seeing a doctor than paying for a service you believe a professional is supposed to handle and still dieing due to negligence from that same assumed professional. Do you even know doctors are supposed to prioritise lives against anything else? How can you be justifying negligence and incompetence on low payment?
What's the difference between such doctor and a terrorist?

There's no amount of excuse you'll give that will stand in place for such act. A whole doctor who spent almost 10yrs training only to come and perform stupid mistakes, there are certain errors you won't find with people who prioritise professionalism over those who are only there for their pockets.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by dominic17: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
If they are like every other human beings what makes them different why are they called doctors? where is the place of professional due diligence? This is not excusable because human life is involved here.
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Charly68: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Indeed they are Nigerian Doctors ...and when you report the matter ,they would cover them up, so sad ..
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Prinzerique: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
its usually not the job of the Doctor to note all those... the surgery nurse provide all those apparatus to the surgeon, and before stitching up there is need for the surgery nurse to concur that all swabs etc. A meticulous Nurse have a note of all they go in with and compare with what they have before stitch -up.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Numerouno94(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Bro, everyone is already bearing the brunt.

Look at your Police, Soldiers, Traffic wardens, Prison wardens, name them...! They are underpaid, stressed out, unhappy, and taking it out on those who cross their paths.

I have called out medical negligence on this platform severally... Last time a lady died because doctors refused to treat her without police report, I called for their sack and indictment.

But, we are missing the point!

The System is the issue here... It is rotten, poorly funded, poorly supervised and corrupt.

You have a Minister of Health, what does he do?!! Absolutely nothing!

You have health committees in the Senate, what do they do?!! Nothing!

You have annual budgets, what is the share of Health sector?!! From state to federal, peanuts!

I have gotten tired of blaming those at the level of professional conduct because they are supposed to be supervised, checked on, rewarded, staffed, etc... But, none of these happens.

Meanwhile.... Leeds is third on the Championship log, and they are doing great. At this rate, we will be back in the EPL alongside Leicester next season. cool

I get ur point. It was succinctly spelled out.👍 The infected tree should rather b uprooted Instead of faulting the bad fruits it produces. Not entirely the fault of the fruit but the tree itself. Ur wisdom choke. Na why I dey always call u Prof.grin

Bro if Leeds do anyhow them go remain for championship ooo because Leicester and Ipswich don dey run wit points. The gap jus dey expand every match day.gringrin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba calm down..... Which one is audacity to stich it up?? it's not intentional naaa... Doctors are humans too.... surgery can get messy and very long which makes them prone to mistakes... No vex

Why is it only happening in Nigeria??
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
Tallesty1:
Chai... That is why doctors meticulously count and document their equipment before surgery and thoroughly crosscheck after the surgery to ensure nothing is missing.

So many factors could have contributed to this, such as potential carelessness on the doctor's part, the inherent complexity of the surgery, extreme fatigue resulting from overworking (more likely to be cause of this one) etc

This is a distressing and unacceptable way to lose a life wallahi.
Nigeria doctors are quaks
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Angelfrost(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
Numerouno94:

I get ur point. It was succinctly spelled out.👍 The infected tree should rather b uprooted Instead of faulting the bad fruits it produces. Not entirely the fault of the fruit but the tree itself. Ur wisdom choke. Na why I dey always call u Prof.grin

Bro if Leeds do anyhow them go remain for championship ooo because Leicester and Ipswich don dey run wit points. The gap jus dey expand every match day.gringrin

Leicester wey we beat on Friday...! Forget, Leeds is on fire!

EPL here we come!!! cool
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
dominic17:
If they are like every other human beings what makes them different why are they called doctors? where is the place of professional due diligence? This is not excusable because human life is involved here.

What's ur point??
That they can't make mistakes?? That because of medical training, they must not be prone to mistakes....That it's not possible for them to make mistakes..?? That working conditions cannot make them make mistakes??

I don't get u pple.... bros ....There is theory ooo. and there is reality....

Theory is that doctors are trained to save lives
The reality is that doctors are humans that are over worked especially in nigeria...they sometimes work 22 hrs straight .....

The reality is FG is not doing enough to improve medical practice

The reality is that the WHO recommendation for ratio of doctors to population should be 1 doctor to 600 people ..but Nigeria is at 1: 3500 as at 2017....with japa..I don't know what it is now

The reality is that there is sometimes no electricity in between surgeries....

I can go on...but u saying these pple can not be prone to errors is what is not acceptable .. in every practice l, errors have acceptable margins....
And make no mistakes errors happen everyday from misdiagnosis to mis-prescribing drugs....it's not only surgery
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Gr8amechi: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Namaster:

Shut up!

It's the height of negligence. You are operating on a human being, not a china phone. It makes ZERO sense to forget things INSIDE a person.

The OP is merely calling for PUNISHMENT that's equal to the crime.

If a Doctor leaves something inside a patient, his/her license should be retracted. Hospital should be penalised and the Doctor should be sued and convicted for the heinous crime.

They should NEVER be allowed to touch a scalpel ever again.

Go to a hospital and see how nonchalant the doctors and nurses are. It's SUPER disgusting.

The only sensible people in a Nigerian hospital are the laboratory workers. The rest are mad. ALL of them.

Those who Japa dare NOT misbehave when they do so. Else, jail time.

The problem of Nigerians is we always leave the principal issues and begin to chase shadows.

Yes if you don't know, doctor's are punished if they are found to have committed malpractices.

Doctors are even more aware now and everyone is taking cover.

The question is why do these type of things happen?

Why would a doctor even be operating in some of the 'Dustbin" we call operating rooms?

We are all quick to crucify the doctors because everyone hates the doctors here.

We all want the standard of care in developed world but we have all kept a blind eyes to the decay in health sector.

How would a doctor not forget things when he is made to overwork, work under terrible conditions.

Until you see doctors using phone touch to operate a patient in a government owned facility then you would understand the pressure doctors are faced daily.

Our healthcare system is grossly understaffed and grossly under paid.

Everyone is very fast to blame doctors and nurses until you are forced to take what they take.

How do you expect a nurse who is nursing a ward of over 50 patients to give in his or her best?

Almost every Nigerian wants to come to the hospital and vent their anger, this makes almost every health worker to be on the offensive.

The laboratory people you are praising why would they not be awesome when they sit under AC and take their time and do their things without pressure?

Go to teaching hospital and see how many times the junior doctors who are the house officers fight with laboratory guys just to secure blood for your relatives.

Some Nigerians are bunch of ungrateful bastards.

Address the root cause of this issues, address the principal cause.

If the hospital have better facilities, more staffs, reduced workload, better working environment and better pay, you can hold people fully responsible.

See go to teaching hospital and see doctors who are on call for one full week, how can you expect a doctor to be working 247 for a week or even days?

Do you even think that Person is mentally fit to truly give patients the best?

We have seen doctors who collapsed and die after series of surgeries in government owned hospital.

Truth is every single person who visit Nigerian hospital is just at the mercy of God, your whole health workers are overly worked that they barely have any time to even recharge so don't ever expect any best treatment.

Let's stop being smart by half.

Medical negligence and malpractice should be eradicated from Nigeria but you must provide enabling environment for proper medical practice.

Currently our healthcare ecosystem Forster's malpractice and suboptimal care.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

You be comedian grin
Abi, Canada and UK, no be where dem dey run to be that grin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nope, Canadians.

It is not that easy to get a licence to practice in Canada, and for surgical specialties, they tend to look at Canadians only.
Just joking jare
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

What are u saying.....?? What do u mean by only in Nigeria..??. It happens even in advance countries ...please use the internet if u want to know...

This is what I just told someone a while ago here. ....he now started shifting goal post justifying and worshipping oyinbo yansh by comparing the 550 cases in Canada within two years to the total number of surgeries ....

like you ... he doesn't even have statistics of the number of this occurrence in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
Abi, Canada and UK, no be where dem dey run to be that grin

Even where them dey japa to....doctors dey fvck up.... U no dey watch botched on dstv.??

U go bad surgery cases whey another better surgeon dey correct like say the first doctor nor do anatomy for school... grin
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by ORIAYO70(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
zedegit:
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.

I have a frd who narrowly escaped this criminals..

While will u put those gadgets in human body?

Don't they have nurses on board that could hold on to those gadgets... Naija doc
Are like putting Molue on sky
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Even where them dey japa to....doctors dey fvck up.... U no dey watch botched on dstv.??

U go bad surgery cases whey another better surgeon dey correct like say the first doctor nor do anatomy for school... grin
fr fr, no be lie. Our doctors really need to up their games though. These cases are becoming rampant
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by advanceDNA: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
fr fr, no be lie. Our doctors really need to up their games though. These cases are becoming rampant

Rampant??
Permit me ask you the same question wey one werey ask me earlier becos he wanted to justify abroad doctors when I told him 550 cases happened within 2 years in just Canada alone ..

What is the actual statistics of this cases compared to the total number of surgeries done in Nigeria....since u said it's rampant.??

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Happens in other parts of the world.

It is because of how bad things are in Nigeria that we tend to think that the grass is greener elsewhere, that everything goes well elsewhere. But medical negligence is an issue the world over. Including surgical problems

Here is two bad case from Japan

Another from the UK

Does not excuse bad Nigerian doctors though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Yankee101: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
Project management needs to be introduced into medicine

Medical skills alone are not enough if methodical steps are not adopted into their processes

It’s egregious to forget items in a human during surgery . People using a grinding machine know not to do this much less a qualified doctor
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

What are u saying.....?? What do u mean by only in Nigeria..??. It happens even in advance countries ...please use the internet if u want to know...

This is what I just told someone a while ago here. ....he now started shifting goal post justifying and worshipping oyinbo yansh by comparing the 550 cases in Canada within two years to the total number of surgeries ....

like you ... he doesn't even have statistics of the number of this occurrence in Nigeria....

Okay I remain calm
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Khyrvxjzy: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
zedegit:
I want to use this medium to raise awareness of how Nigerian Doctors always forget one instrument or the other inside a patient stomach and have the audacity to stitch up after surgery.

While this trend continues is because nothing serious is done to forestall this wickedness.
This act of negligence should come with serious punishment like life imprisonment and closure of that hospital to make others to get sense.

I have lost countless relatives and friends due to this wickedness of Nigerian Doctors. That's why people hardly go to hospital except for serious issues because danger increases anytime anyone visits a hospital.

go to court
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
Yankee101:
Project management needs to be introduced into medicine

Medical skills alone are not enough if methodical steps are not adopted into their processes

It’s egregious to forget items in a human during surgery . People using a grinding machine know not to do this much less a qualified doctor

The thing is, most Nigerian operations done , no object is left behind in any patient , it happens in a minority of patients. A small minority, because Nigerian doctors and nurses are trained not to let such things happen.

The problem is, it does not make much news when an operation is successful. It makes news when negligence happens.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Nigeria doctors are quaks

You are right.

When your loved one has a condtion that needs operating, you can save them from the quacks that are Nigerian doctors by doing the operation yourself. Or asking them to do the operation themselves, as did the famous Leonid Ivanovich.
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

You are right.

When your loved one has a condtion that needs operating, you can save them from the quacks that are Nigerian doctors by doing the operation yourself. Or asking them to do the operation themselves, as did the famous Leonid Ivanovich.
Oga nairaland e no reach like that abeg, I don't forgive myself
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by Hassanmaye(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Happens in other parts of the world.

It is because of how bad things are in Nigeria that we tend to think that the grass is greener elsewhere, that everything goes well elsewhere. But medical negligence is an issue the world over. Including surgical problems

Here is two bad case from Japan

Another from the UK

Does not excuse bad Nigerian doctors though
Noted
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by nairalanda1(m): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Oga nairaland e no reach like that abeg, I don't forgive myself

Well, all Nigerian doctors are quacks as you said, and you are always right, so it is better we help ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by bahdpersona(m): 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kenmatt:
OP be truthful to your self.

Not just because you want your Post to grace the "Promise Land" you're dishing what many a man think, assume which may be far from the truth.

How could you say you have lost countless of relatives and friends as a result of Doctors forgetting instruments inside their Patients stomach.

We have actually heard a lot about this, but how many times has it happened.

Please, if you're very sure it has happened to your close one, kindly highlight it here.

Let's not just be hitting on myths and jettison fact
what's myths? I am even a victim of their carelessness. I can show you some pictures
Re: Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! by stuffs2002: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Racist?? U are the that's racist and needs help..
All I told u is that this things happens even in saner climes..instead of u to dialogue in a civil manner u resulted to insults and started to justify the 550 mistakes that happened in canada

.. Did u do the same for Nigeria?? U said it was unacceptable ... I exposed ur nonsense and asslîcking behavior... then u decided to shift goal post calling me racist...u clearly don't know the meaning of that word.... Again orí e tí dáru

Dan buran uba mai cin kashin alade
Biri mai lashen gindin uwar sa
Dan karuwa kobo kobo

I'm waiting for your reply so I can release more into your brain

Na me go reset your racist brain for you today las las

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Says She Got Blinded Because Of A Soap She Applied On Her Face / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women / Diseases That Mess Up Your Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.