Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,780 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Please Teach Me How To Be A Man - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Teach Me How To Be A Man (169 Views)

I Will Teach You How To Use Scent Leaf And Pineapple Juice To Cure Typhoid / Man Sues Hospital For Using His Genitals To Teach Female Medical Students / How Heealthy’s “teach Back Process” Makes Medical Tourism To India Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Teach Me How To Be A Man by EmPius19(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2023
I need advice, direction, I need guide. I am using this new account because it is my first time opening account on Nairaland. I use to read posts like a guest before.

I use to work in construction before as a screeder. I learnt it immediately after JAMB. I did that and saved while waiting for admission. When my dad died in 2015, I used all my savings for his burial. About 450,000. This was the last time I remember making money as a man.

Shortly after my dad's burial, my sister got a job and things looked good again. We are orphans and have been fending for ourselves. Also not long after my fathers burial, I became sick. My sister started to take care of me and that was the last thing I remember about real life.

During when I was sick, All I remember was that I couldn't do anything. I lost strength as a man. All my system broke down. I was almost lifeless for years. I thank God for my elder sister who took care of me and did not give up on me because I don't use to understand what was happening around me then. I use to feel hopeless and miserable and tears would just be coming out from my eyes. sometimes I will hear my sister praying and crying beside me but I didn't use to understand what was happening.

By God's grace, I began to feel life again. This is years after like 4years. Small small I can now do small work, I can now read,I can now cook something, I can even go to the market. My elder sister made sure I lived with her because she was looking after me. By this time she was doing a better job so she even first brought a private teacher to teach me computer because I use to tell her I want to learn computer. When I finished with the teacher, she now enrolled me in an ICT institute to learn Tech. She would help me download some YouTube videos to help me understand. The plan was to learn Tech, gain some knowledge to stand on my own,then I can now write JAMB again after years to study computer science. The school side is to help me build friends because all my friends have left me behind and gone far. Many didn't know I was sick so now I don't have friends again. One day I was watching Big brother, I saw Emmanuel Umoh who use to be my junior in Secondary school. Tears just fill my eyes but my sister encourage me that is never too late.

Moderators: Sissy3 Dominique please help me post on front page side
Re: Please Teach Me How To Be A Man by EmPius19(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2023
One day I saw one of my picture in my sisters phone. I was on hospital bed looking like skeleton. So I ask her what happened to me and she now told me what really happened to me. She told me I became mentally sick and I would say different things, I will be roaming,seeing things, saying strange things,that because of how I use to roam when she goes to work and how I use to stand sometimes till she comes I'm still standing in one place, that I had a nervous break down. That sometimes I would be unconscious for days. She said she took me to a psychiatric hospital and I was unconscious there for days so they rejected us. She even told me how I became so lifeless that I couldn't do anything on my own again, I would urinate on my body, she would be the one to feed and bath me. She said it was a miracle that I lived, that the hospital said I had schizophrenia and catatonic seizures. The drugs they were giving me I was supposed to drink it for life...but I was. Always unconscious so they were scared I will die and That's why they told my sister to take me to another place that they cannot treat me. My sister said since her money had finished then, she took me home and followed up with prayer, love and care for me till I began to live again. That's when I understand what really happened to me.
So now I'm doing the Tech courses in Loctech, my sister was doing a better job and we were picking up small small again. Then problem started, she had issues in her work, she was working in a broker. Her customers and friends loose big money at work. She too loose big money and things started to fall apart. Debts upon debts. My sister started to pay debts. She sold everything inside house to pay debts. My sister that was even training strangers started to even beg to eat. Everything gone. My laptop sef she sold it, sell even pots and plates. Then she started to slip into how I use to be. She will stay in bed for days. No interest in anything. Is me that will even cook, clean, wash our clothes cus my sister have loose intrest in life but people outside don't know. She will post online, but in real life she was shadow but people don't know. Thank God she is prayerful so sometimes she will just play this COZA worship songs and she will just say God pls help me, she will cry and sleep.

Me I'm a man, since the Tech side is on pause, I say I will go out to look for labor and do, I tell my sister I want to learn laundry she say okay. I believe if I learn it I can use it to be sustaining somethings.

So I went to a laundry shop in the estate to be working and learning. I initially thought I can save something and buy Washing machine, set up my place then use that go to school. Thank God my sister is now going to church and looking for another work. She say she don't want to do those work that cause her debts.

My expectations in where I'm working is not what I was thinking. they pay me 200 a day and 400 on Saturday. If I come back home I and my sister will just manage it to buy like cassava and groundnut eat and sleep.

As a man, I know that this can not work like this. I don't have big uncles or aunties to advise me. It's now looking like how will I stand on my own if I continue like this. I wrote JAMB this year for the first time in 9 years but I had to leave it cus no money to process it. The year has ended. I go to buy things and I will ask my sis why things are so cost she will say it's because of dollars. Please someone should advice me.
I did one year Tech course, I learnt screeding though it's been long, I've getting better in laundry services, I still must go to school. How would I stand as a man with all this?. If not that our landlord came to even shout, I did not know we are owing since this year start. I cannot let sit and things will fall and my sister will be hopeless. I want to do something like a man. Please you people should give me advice and motivation and point me in the right path based on my story

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Yan Liar / Health Tips For Women: 7 Things Every Woman Should Know / The Best Way To End Depression in your life forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.