Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists (1321 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by Orikinla(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
There is a book I have read and shared that even atheists are scared of reading.

Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven is a frightening book to read, even for atheists.
I have read it and ordered and sent over 40 copies from Amazon to several people, including the leading Christian ministers in Nigeria and the United States. I gave a copy Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

Re: A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
^^^ i see you have read it. it is written by a Nigerian Olisaemeka A. G  grin. it is not really Scientific Research but I am sure he made good profit of it anyway
Re: A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by 1Godfather(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Is there a way to read this book online? I am curious because I have strong misgivings about this book and as such, I am not inclined to spend some money to actually purchase it.

First of all, according to Christian doctrine, Heaven and Hell are not physical places, nor indeed are they places where physical beings can supposedly approach. What this means properly is that Heaven and Hell are another dimension (a spiritual dimension); a dimension completely removed from all physical and material reality. It makes abundant sense then that no human mind can adequately imagine or comprehend what these realms would be like. Of course since human beings are gifted with imaginations, it is not surprising that people can generate fantastic mental constructs of what these spiritual places could be like but there is no way for them to interact with Heaven or Hell in an empirical manner.

Yes, you cannot locate heaven anywhere in this material and physical universe no matter how long you peer into space, and no matter what equipment you use in such a search. It is categorically impossible to locate the spiritual heaven out there in the cosmos. That is why you sometimes have to laugh at the facile retorts from atheists who imagine that Christians believe Heaven to be up in the skies; or that God indeed is a grizzled old man sitting on a fluffy cloud. Ever heard of them derisively talk about some "sky daddy"?

In the same token, you cannot locate Hell by burrowing into the earth. Hell, that  place of separation reserved for beings or minds who have on their own, and by their own choice rejected God in their consciousness despite glaring and eloquent evidence, is not located anywhere on or inside the earth, nor indeed anywhere else in this physical universe. If this book makes this claims, then I submit to you that it is propagating falsehood. Another possibility would be that the author has a completely different and strange understanding of what Heaven and Hell really are--an understanding that is basically non-Christian.
Re: A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
hmm

As much as I know these places exist, This book is ill-researched. I don't support the spreading of the gospel by lies.
The very first "account" was a fabrication that was, when researched, discovered to be just a myth. That, unfortunately, put to question the integrity of the rest of the book.

But as to the existence of Heaven and Hell, they exist.
Re: A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by harakiri(m): 9:06am On Oct 27, 2011
A "frightening" book indeed! ! ! Give us a break will ya?
Re: A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by Daiquiri: 9:45am On Oct 27, 2011
Duplicate post from same poster

« on: December 30, 2008, 01:03 PM »
Why You Should Read "Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-212980.0.html
Re: A Frightening Book To Read, Even For Atheists by chrisj2000(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2011
wao

(1) (Reply)

Transcript Of God On Trial / The Tower Of Babel, Which Heaven Were Dey Building It To? / Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.