Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Mtn, Is This True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mtn, Is This True? (1151 Views)

Rumour: Is This True About Governor Wike? / MTN is just wasting peoples time..See Photos / MTN Is Giving Out 20GB For N70 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn, Is This True? by initiate: 11:08am On Sep 14, 2007
This was in the papers today, can anyone confirm this?

MTN, Is This True?

I just learnt of something that chilled my bones and I am writing for confirmation or denial from the appropriate quarters. A friend told me that whenever one recharges one's phone on MTN, 10% of the amount goes to an account in South Africa for Baba Iyabo.
This is so because of the *1* code that is punched in. To prove it, I bought a recharge card and punched in other numbers leaving out the *1* code and my account was credited! Could this be true? Please tell me it is not. If so why put a code that does nothing to the amount one is recharging with? Certainly, this is a matter for NCC to investigate. I don't want to believe that since i've been recharging my phone, 10% has been going to someone somewhere!!! NCC and MTN must react to this.
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by saintchux(m): 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2007
I doubt that, if MTN want to be settling baba Iyabo, there are a better way of doing it.
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by Jakumo(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2007
Quite to the contrary, I heard that the sequence of numbers typed in to add credit to Nigeria's cell-phone networks was actually formulated by ALIENS from deep space who utilise those numerical codes to eavesdrop on conversations made over phone networks as a prelude to the destruction of the human race with a giant death-ray that will start out rendering every person on earth increasingly gullible until they get to the point of requiring assistance in wiping their asses after defecation.

Only those who immediately dispose of their handsets in the nearest body of salt water will be spared this horrible fate.
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by Afam(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2007
In fact if you make use of MTS First Wireless the *2* code when recharging is for Atiku as the former no 2 man, maybe he gets 20% of that amount and is sent to his account in Jamaica.

Nothing person no go hia 4 nairaland.
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by Millena(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2007
Guys una dey weed b4 una come online for here? Nothing wey man pikin no go hear.
Abi na plain stupidity?
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by ogalanya(m): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2007
This is misinformation, obasanjo has made himself evil pesonified, eveything bad is associated with him no matter how absurd, maybe i should start blaming him 4 my great grand father's death. Coming 2 d mtn stuff, initially, durng d early days of gsm, they used 2 have recharge cards and physical booster cards, so one can dial *555*1* to load a recharge card and *555*2* to load a booster card, but since there are no physical booster cards now ( u convert d credit in your phone 2 booster ). There is no need 4 a differentiation between *1 or *2 since every *555* means loading a recharge card.
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by BigB11(m): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2007
Well, this is why I stick to what I know: GLOBACOM forever!

Stay cool, rule your world and Glo like a superstar.

http://www.gloworld.com/
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by Purist(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2007
Nigerians! grin

I think the question we should ask whoever posted that article is:

Has 10% ever been removed from your account balance after recharge?

If no, then this complaint is absolutely pointless! Infact, MTN should sue your behind!
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by BlackMamba(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2007
initiate:
I just learnt of something that chilled my bones and I am writing for confirmation or denial from the appropriate quarters.

You brought your grievance to the appropriate quarters. Oga Seun, over to you. Please inaugurate a panel of inquiry promptly. Justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Mtn, Is This True? by IykeD1(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2007
I think they are teaching a course called "Stupidity 101" in Nigeria nowadays!
Brain cells have bolted.

(1) (Reply)

( Video ) Nigeria The Country That Doesn't Work! / Any Student Or Alumni Of Chapel Secondary School,ilorin,kwara State In-house? / Why Banks Allow Robbers To Steal Their Money - Okiro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.