Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Help Me With My English Assignment Quiz - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Me With My English Assignment Quiz (163 Views)

Please Help My English Is Very Bad / Why WAEC Seized My English Result Twice – Patrick Obahiagbon / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With My English Assignment Quiz by foolwithmoneyon: 4:39am On Nov 09, 2023
Select the sentence in which “share” is used in the meaning closest to the underline “share” in the English sentence below, choose one from the options ①~ ④.
Now let me share with you how my name has evolved over the years.
Problem 1 Please select:

① He shares a room with me.

② I shared my wine with my friends.

③ They shared an interest in philosophy.

④ She shared the secret with us.
Problem 2
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Select one of the options ①~④ for the sentence in which “anticipate” is used in the meaning closest to the underscore “anticipated” in the English sentence below.
Our present-day concerns are anticipated.
Problem 2 Please select:

① I didn’t anticipate that she would come.

② He anticipated the storm by boarding up the window.

③ I eagerly anticipate more of his works.

④ You should not anticipate your income.
Problem 3
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Select one of the options ①~ ④ for the sentence in which “remain” is used in the meaning closest to the underline “remain” in the English sentence below.
English will remain as the common language for communication in science field and worldwide.
Problem 3 Please select:

① Much work remains to be done.

② What remains of the building is very little.

③ She remained alone in Osaka.

④ He remained silent.
Problem 4
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Choose one of the options ①~ ④ to fill in the blank so that the English and Japanese sentences below have the same meaning.
English is the( )global language.
English is an undisputed global language.
Question 4 Please select:

① arbitrary

② empowered

③ undisputed

④ unprecedented
Problem 5
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Select one of the options ①~ ④ for the sentence in which “credit” is used in the meaning closest to the underline “credit” in the English text below.
Which tells us that when students come to us from abroad, we may not be giving them enough credit for what they know.
Question 5 Please select:

① We decided to buy the car on credit.

② I can’t take full credit for the success.

③ She is a credit to our country.

④ He had a credit of one million dollars in his account.
Problem 6
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Choose one of the options ①~④ for the sentence in which “devastated” is used in the meaning closest to the bottom line of the English sentence below.
I was devastated because I was certain I wasn’t going to get the job.
Issue 6 Please select:

① The earthquake devastated millions of lives.

② The village was devastated by the storm.

③ The ecosystem was devastated by the mining.

④ I’d be devastated if something happens to you.
Issue 7
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Select one of the options ①~④ for the sentence in which “distinguished” is used in the meaning closest to the underscore “distinguished” in the English sentence below.
Where one group – very distinguished group like you guys – doesn’t know which way is which.
Issue 7 Please select:

① You must distinguish between what is acceptable and what is not.

② He distinguished himself as a scholar.

③ Reason distinguishes man from other animals.

④ We could barely distinguish them in the fog.
Issue 8
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Choose one of the options ①~ ④ that does not coincide with the statement in English below.
Now don’t get me wrong; I am not against teaching English, all you English teachers out there. I love it that we have a global language. We need one today more than ever. But I am against using it as a barrier. Do we really want to end up with 600 languages and the main one being English, or Chinese? We need more than that. Where do we draw the line? This system equates intelligence with a knowledge of English, which is quite arbitrary.
Issue 8 Please select:

① I would like to emphasize that teaching English is a problem in itself, so that there is no misunderstanding.

② A global common language is necessary, but it should not be just one.

③ English as a global common language should not be a barrier.

④ Do not think that intellect and English ability are equal.
Issue 9
Unanswered
Flag the problem
Problem text

Choose one of the options ①~ ④ that does not match the contents of the English text below.
I am from Scotland, but I’ve lived in Japan for the last 13 years and I’ve worked at Tsukuba since 2010. I came to Tsukuba to start our G30 program which is an internationalization program aimed at increasing the number of international students studying in the university. Our goal with that program was to open degree programs which are taught in English and to attract students from all over the world.
Issue 9 Please select:

① I am from Scotland and have been in Japan for 13 years.

② I came to the University of Tsukuba as an international student in the G30 program.

③ The aim of the G30 program is to increase the number of international students.

④ It was tried to gather students from all over the world by conducting classes that use only English.
move...
Skip navigation
Navigation
Finish the test...
Re: Help Me With My English Assignment Quiz by illicit(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2023
How much will you pay? I teach English.
Re: Help Me With My English Assignment Quiz by cruzyjay: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2023
I can do it for a token just reach me cruzyjay@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Artificial Intelligence – Msc | AHZ / Unlock Success With Machine Learning Assignment Help - Exclusive 10% Off! / ILEARN AFRICA: a Fast Rising Learning Institute In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.