Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) (64111 Views)

Gunmen Enforce Sit-At-Home Order In Ebonyi (Pictures) / Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Ebonyi (Pictures, Video) / Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign Rally In Ebonyi (Pictures + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by 123papas(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
If it was built with asphalt, the effect would would have been unrepairable
Ayodeoba:
That means it’s a bad idea to build road with cement, but that doesn’t mean umahi didn’t perform
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Ikaeniyan0: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
Racoon:
Just imagine! Dave Umahi that I used to praise well as a workaholic?
Just this few pic does not mean he didn't do well in the road sector in Ebonyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by LOVEALAIGBO: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
Is that it!? You mean this is the smoking gun they’re using to try and discredit the works of the former governor!? Do they realise some of those roads are close to eight years old…and these pics are the worst of the damaged portions they can find!? If so, then the former governor did a sterling job in road construction in the state!

It’s human beings that constructed those roads not superman! We all know our public/civil servants like to cut corners given half a chance….and since Umahi isn’t omnipresent and can’t supervise every road constructed, it’s possible some inferior materials were used and the cement mix watered down at some point, just so they could make a bit more money!

To get a proper perspective, try visiting some roads constructed in some other states the ‘usual way’ and see how they’re faring in comparison to these cement ones….see how they’re faring just one or two years after being constructed and experiencing a few rainy seasons!

2 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by MTNnews: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2023
This road as bad as it is which road did Pandora criminal Peter Obi did that can stand toe to toe with this ?

You obidient ipob fools keep labouring in vain to tarnish Umahi's but who God as bless 3 trillion of your hate filled ipob father can not bring him down.

AnonPoet:
An Ebonyi based civil society group has called out the minister of works, Dave Umahi over the deplorable state of the roads in Ebonyi while he served as Governor of the state .

The Group under the auspices of Conscience of the Ebonyi people frowned at the cement roads built by the minister just under a year as minister.

The group spokesperson, Oleka chike has called on the federal government to come to the aid of the people in Ebonyi state as the roads are becoming a nightmare for Travellers and commuters.

Oleka warned that , the minister has refused to listen to the people of the state to build quality roads instead of using cements that are not durable .

See Photos:

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by yahoodetector: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
Umahi a.k.a color riot ex-governor.

He don add cement to him CV.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Mrfeel: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2023
Ayodeoba:
That means it’s a bad idea to build road with cement, but that doesn’t mean umahi didn’t perform
I support cement roads but it should be for inter street roads not main roads where heavy duty vehicle pass
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Alusiizizi(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hpesoj:

Lol. I understand that he uses his company for most of the contrast. I don't know how true this is.

First time I'm learning of this, although that(abuse of power) would hardly be surprising.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by tollyboy5(m): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hpesoj:

For roads that are less than a year old, it is terrible. Either the contractors used substandard materials, or the project cost was heavily influenced by corrupt practices.

Standard road construction should be used for at least a decade or two before any repair should be initiated. Go and check most of the federal roads constructed in the 70s and 80s, they were still intact and require no require until decades later.
I think cement road are good. Na contractor manage cement from what I'm seeing

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by tollyboy5(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
porthouse7:
so this is now a profession for you? You hustle for front page to beg for money everyday
I dey among people wey dey spoil im market. I click report and select rule 8 sharprly comment gets deleted.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Exceed15: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
APC and deceit.
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by ianian: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2023
omo, those roads are durable

I still plied it last month

sonnie10:
But why is the one Dangote is doing along Oshodi Apapa road not like that?
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by dhesire(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Using Lagos and Ogun standard, these roads are clean.

You are correct! but using Aba standard, this is paradise.

Now, you have to agree with me, I am gbamsolutely correct!
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Loonyy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
Now people way never near Ebonyi state before go open mouth waaa dey comment Nonsense

Ebonyi State has d Best quality Roads in The whole South

Whether East West or South

Am not from there but Dave Umahi deserves a third tenure
Given limited resources

The quality of the roads no be mouth

Of course some portion of the road in some places would damage 8 years no be 8 days

But the Governor work Roads Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
I always criticized concrete roads except when paved after casting as done by Ikpeazu in Abia State. Umahi has played his part so the present Ebonyi Governor just has to patch up the wornout areas and then pave the roads for longevity. More photos of the spoilt concrete roads

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by PDPdestroyer(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
sonnie10:
But why is the one Dangote is doing along Oshodi Apapa road not like that?
Or the one he did from Kabba to Obajana as well
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by christm386: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hpesoj:

For roads that are less than a year old, it is terrible. Either the contractors used substandard materials, or the project cost was heavily influenced by corrupt practices.

Standard road construction should be used for at least a decade or two before any repair should be initiated. Go and check most of the federal roads constructed in the 70s and 80s, they were still intact and require no repair until decades later.

U are extremely daft to say this roads are less than a year are you stupid, i schooled in ebonyi state and i graduated at 2018, this roads hace been there since 2016 or earlier, get ur fucking facts right

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by primeache: 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2023
Contractors cutting corners.

This is why I blame COREN, they only focus on collapse buildings.
What about the roads and other infrastructure?

The Engineers involved should be queried and license suspended for a period deemed fit

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by romeocares2: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
I was expecting to see huge pot holes on the road with pools of water. Oya show us the road Okoroacha built with Asphalt in Imo state. We know the real enemies of Nigeria are you guys doing federal road construction and maintenance year in year out. Lagos Benin road is under construction every year with out end. You guys have been doing Lagos Ibadan expressway since Obasanjo time and still have not finished. Look at Apapa Oshodi expressway, I am sure that road will not need reworking for years. If any, it will be minor repairs just as you have it in Ebonyi State roads today.

4 Likes

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Josephkabila12: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2023
Saipem-Navy junction road in Rumuolumeni, Portharcourt is built with cement. Saipem did the construction of the road themselves.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by ebufa: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
AnonPoet:
An Ebonyi based civil society group has called out the minister of works, Dave Umahi over the deplorable state of the roads in Ebonyi while he served as Governor of the state .

The Group under the auspices of Conscience of the Ebonyi people frowned at the cement roads built by the minister just under a year as minister.

The group spokesperson, Oleka chike has called on the federal government to come to the aid of the people in Ebonyi state as the roads are becoming a nightmare for Travellers and commuters.

Oleka warned that , the minister has refused to listen to the people of the state to build quality roads instead of using cements that are not durable .

See Photos:

You do not construct rigid or concrete pavements with hand mixing o! There will be little consisitency..........they do not even allow sufficient time for the pavement to cure b4 extensive use! abroad they even used cold and chilled water to mix the concrete ,this allows less time for the concrete to achieve maximum strenght! short curing time is the wahala umahi roads dey face!!

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
Josephkabila12:
Saipem-Navy junction road in Rumuolumeni, Portharcourt is built with cement. Saipem did the construction of the road themselves.

Olu Obasanjo road was built with Concrete by LCC during Amaechi era and why it has survived till date without maintenance is that it was paved twice after the concrete.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by t2luv1: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
chopnaira:
Why is he using concrete. Perhaps he thinks it would stop red mud erosion which is prevalent in the SE.

All interstate Highways in the USA were constructed with cement. The depth has to be 22 inches deep. Then on top covered with asphalt 9 inches deep. every 6 yrs the top layer gets a new coating of asphalt since that gets worn out through usage, Maintenance money comes from excise tax at the gas pump. Motorist pays 8c tax for every gallon they buy, This money goes into a general fund administered by the Dept of Highway and Transportation

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by t2luv1: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hpesoj:

Standard road construction should be used for at least a decade or two before any repair should be initiated. Go and check most of the federal roads constructed in the 70s and 80s, they were still intact and require no repair until decades later.

Until Nigeria puts in place a weight limit on vehicles and trailers using their road network the road will always be like this every few years. Every interstate in the USA has what we call a weigh station. All trailers have to stop and be weighed to make sure they are within the constructed road weight tolerance. Failure on tolerance is memory serves me right is $50000 per occurrence. Habitual offending company will have their DOT (Dept of Transportation license revoked).

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Bluffly: 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
Cement that has no water seal property. Cement that has haphazard mixing ratio. Umahi wasn't the problem but the contractors, foremen....

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Hpesoj: 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
christm386:

U are extremely daft to say this roads are less than a year are you stupid, i schooled in ebonyi state and i graduated at 2018, this roads hace been there since 2016 or earlier, get ur fucking facts right

For someone that "schooled ... and ... graduated in 2018," I expect you to be able to communicate in a sensible and civil manner without resorting to insults and name-calling.

Fine, the roads were constructed in 2016. That's about 7 years. Now tell me, should roads constructed 7 years ago be this bad when there are are also roads in this same country that lasted decades (despite poor maintainance) before they take up the condition of these 7 year old roads?

If it is new to you that roads do last over 7 years and still be in good shape, I won't hold it against you, I'll just encourage you stop applauding mediocre project.

Needless to say that my comment have nothing to do with the governor or state. I don't care about any politician neither am I a fan of any.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by ottersberger(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You said it all!

As if roads in advance countries don't degrade!

Let your life be as it is with that road. Oya, say amen/Amin
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Hanndye: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2023
His ministry should be renamed the ministry of showmanship, no real development. Just award contracts, chop and make some noise. No indigenous advancement.

1 Like

Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Kay25(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
magoo10:
one agbado urchin said ipob went at night to pour acid on the road grin
how foolish can some people look trying to defend what is obvious.

i pity ebonyi people with the debts they will pay in future.

this scenario played out in imo state when rochas was building roads and bridges every where.
Say out of ur imagination...no agbadorian can think less when they aint seeking opinion from mad man in upper iweka road
Re: Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Sheriman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
How is that warehouse faring now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: INEC Reveals Only Thing That Will Stop Saturday's Election / Yahaya Bello Mobbed In Lokoja Today(photos) / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, And His Car Spotted At Hilton, Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.