Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,634 members, 7,840,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Kaduna's Economic Woes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna's Economic Woes (701 Views)

Hardship: Tinubu Not Responsible For Economic Woes – Ambode / I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Osinbajo SAN Attends The Kaduna Economic And Investment Summit (KADINVEST 6.0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2023
El rufais 8 year politics of bitterness really dealt kaduna many blows

I have never seen depopulation and its effects real time like in this once glorious state.

From unleased malls at shoprite, to numerous undervalued and unsold real estate, to everyday meetings with people moving out and none moving in.

The midget had a politics of bitterly fighting to win.

He might have won his battles , but kaduna is losing the war of development.

Up and down, slums are all you see.

He only paved roads in the elite Muslim neighbourhoods, sited his economic projects like the now dysfunctional shoprite in the same neighbourhood, and only engaged the Southern areas with his famed bitterness.

I feel sorry for this state; once the political capital of Northern Nigeria, it is now home to capital flight, human resources flight etc.

Even Muslim kano knows to treat human beings better than Mr el rufai. And so kano took a chunk of our businessme n away. So did niger/abuja our second illistrous neighbour .

The bloodshed of many years was already doing us harm, el rufai completely interred our remains.

I fear for this beautiful state.

I have one piece of advice for Mr uba sani , the governor.

Completely divorce yourself from el rufai....his politics of hate, his economics of divisiveness, his religious bigotry, and all of his bad energy.

El rufais energy that we saw was bad, and evil.

Kaduna cannot take anymore of that without becoming yobe or zamfara.

Mr governor, let love lead. It will be hard to woo back those who have left and tasted the sweetness of other sane states, but you can stop the haemorrhage. You can prevent more people from leaving, and from there build something better than your failed predecessor.

There are some of us here for good. We will always be here to help.

By the way did anyone witness the show of shame they called the kaduna trade fair last weekend?

I felt like crying

This state needs a state of emergency on the economy and investment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by XerXers: 9:52am On Nov 10, 2023
Kpele

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by MrEverest(m): 10:41am On Nov 10, 2023
It's quite sad. Kaduna used to be comparable to Kano or even better in many aspects. But it seems, it will eventually become the Warri of Northern Nigeria.

If they can't lease the small elite projects like malls or standard office/residential buildings, while slums keep emerging, then it means everyone is becoming poor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by JagabanB: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2023
So as large as Southern Kaduna is, they don't have collective leadership that will speak and stand for them to achieve common goals?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by SadiqBabaSani: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2023
JagabanB:
So as large as Southern Kaduna is, they don't have collective leadership that will speak and stand for them to achieve common goals?
SoKAPU led be Jonathan Asake and some other leaders are only interested in Political benefit for themselves. They are not serious about Economic development. I think the dvide and conquer adage works in all spheres of life

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Kukutente23: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2023
JagabanB:
Yeah yeah always shifting blame
How many times will they speak?
Face your bigot and stop blaming the victims

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2023
MrEverest:
It's quite sad. Kaduna used to be comparable to Kano or even better in many aspects. But it seems, it will eventually become the Warri of Northern Nigeria.

If they can't lease the small elite projects like malls or standard office/residential buildings, while slums keep emerging, then it means everyone is becoming poor.

That's the sad reality here. Poverty is advancing fast.
We are suffering the japa syndrome to other states. The few who have invested are angry because everything is depreciating.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2023
JagabanB:

Southern kaduna have been divided and conquered.

Now the visitors are leaving enmasse .

No newcomers.

Parents are sending children to school elsewhere.

The hausa fulani elite the midget was ostensibly working for stay in abuja most of the time.

So we are stuck in a dark slippery pit.
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 11:55am On Nov 10, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
SoKAPU led be Jonathan Asake and some other leaders are only interested in Political benefit for themselves. They are not serious about Economic development. I think the dvide and conquer adage works in all spheres of life

I'm.totally disappointed in Jonathan asake
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2023
XerXers:
Kpele

This is a very depressing situation.

Kaduna has the best climate in Northern Nigeria. Even better than Jos which some of us find too cold.

It feels like the south in many respects. Good for farming...Very hard-working native farmers. Educated cosmopolitan population.

But el rufai destroyed all that with his Islamic bigotry

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Zooposki(f): 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2023
MrEverest:

You are mentioning Warri. Meanwhile your shithole South East is a million times worse. Case of overlooking the log in your eyes while seeing the speck in your neighbors eyes. Fvcking criminal.
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Fujiyama: 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
Revealing thread.

Lessons for living. Other states should beware.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by U09ce: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2023
I still wonder how the decades old violence in Southern Kaduna is heaped on Elrufai, who governed less than 10% of the period. Imagine citing unleased shops as a reason Elrufai failed? Is Kaduna innocuous from the general economic downturn in other states? The roads that you claimed Elrufai built in 'muslim' areas, are they not used by christians? Why didn't you mention that he built roads in the so-called chrristian areas too?

We have to learn to be fair. Governance is not a matter of black and white. Don't just paintbrush someone as if he's overall a total failure

Elrufai performed incredibly in urban infrastructure, schools and health centres. However, I think his approach to renewal of markets was too aggressive and ill thought. If I were the one at the helm, I'll make sure most occupants of those shops get the new ones. But overall, Elrufai performed well.

If anyone have questions, I'm ready to answer from my vantage position.
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by igwebuike01: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
Straybullet:

No newcomers.

The hausa fulani elite the midget was ostensibly working for stay in abuja most of the time.

My sister abandoned the house they built at Kateri and put it for sale yet no buyer for almost two years now. They have settled down here in the East now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by igwebuike01: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Zooposki:

You are mentioning Warri. Meanwhile your shithole South East is a million times worse. Case of overlooking the log in your eyes while seeing the speck in your neighbors eyes. Fvcking criminal.
South East has enormous human resource. No go try wetin SE de do for your minority region

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by MrEverest(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
You're already cursed and it's manifesting in you. Your dumb parents thought you how to hate Igbos from the womb yet Igbos have remained far ahead of you or wherever godforsaken dump you're from. Even in your state, Igbos own the best assets while your generations continue to suffer to death.

Poor thing cheesy cheesy

Zooposki:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2023
U09ce:
I still wonder how the decades old violence in Southern Kaduna is heaped on Elrufai, who governed less than 10% of the period. Imagine citing unleased shops as a reason Elrufai failed? Is Kaduna innocuous from the general economic downturn in other states? The roads that you claimed Elrufai built in 'muslim' areas, are they not used by christians? Why didn't you mention that he built roads in the so-called chrristian areas too?

We have to learn to be fair. Governance is not a matter of black and white. Don't just paintbrush someone as if he's overall a total failure

Elrufai performed incredibly in urban infrastructure, schools and health centres. However, I think his approach to renewal of markets was too aggressive and ill thought. If I were the one at the helm, I'll make sure most occupants of those shops get the new ones. But overall, Elrufai performed well.

You have no vantage position if you cannot see that el rufai left the state worse than he met it.

A man that publicly admitted his choice of Muslim Muslim ticket was to subdue and subjugate Christians.

A man that admitted he paid money to foreign terrorists out of state coffers.

Whatbisnthe result of his "incredible" performance if.our state is littered with houses abandoned by their owners because insecurity has rendered the area unlivable?

Why are there so many houses of relocated people vacant and up for sale with no interested buyers?
Why is the millennium city project failing with no meaningful attraction of human resources?

Why is the television garage to sabo road still abandoned after scraping away the little one people were managing...?

Which road did he do in sabo, television, gonin gora, romi, karatudu, federal housing, buwaya?, to mention just a few...

You can earn your pay without trying to mislead the public. We are right here on the ground. El rufai hated the Christian half of kaduna. That half has reciprocated , because many of them are the investing visitors who are now leaving in droves.

I hope el rufai manufactures investors out of thin air to come back and get this economy moving...

1 Like

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
igwebuike01:

My sister abandoned the house they built at Kateri and put it for sale yet no buyer for almost two years now. They have settled down here in the East now

That is the reality staring us all in the face.

The useless wicked bigoted governor putbthe final nail into the coffin
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
Did anybody witness the show of shame called kaduna trade fair last weekend? I strolled in there and almost wept....TRADE FAIR for crying out loud!

Kai!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by MrEverest(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2023
Straybullet:

That's the sad reality here. Poverty is advancing fast.
We are suffering the japa syndrome to other states. The few who have invested are angry because everything is depreciating.

I understand the situation. However, I think it's affecting the entire North and not just Kaduna. After Abuja, Kaduna is where most Northern elite call home. So, if the situation is that bad in Kaduna now just know the rest of North is in dire situation.

Poverty was already very high prior to Tinubu's government then one can only imagine how terrible it will be now.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
MrEverest:

I understand the situation. However, I think it's affecting the entire North and not just Kaduna. After Abuja, Kaduna is where most Northern elite call home. So, if the situation is that bad in Kaduna now just know the rest of North is in dire situation.

Poverty was already very high prior to Tinubu's government then one can only imagine how terrible it will be now.

Well...maybe , but kadunas issue is outsized. See kano, no matter how, things are still keeping up to an expected level...kaduna is just too low for what you'd expect her to be...I'm serious.

Even our artisans are leaving in droves to lagos and elsewhere for work....carpenters , painters ...I'm telling you hard fact on the street
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by James91: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
That man really destroy kad, before I relocated the lands I bought I could not sell them, nobody is coming to buy, some of my friends that wanted to sale their houses, the house the bought land, dig water, spent almost 10 millions to build that time cement was 2500, someone will price you 6 million naira.
Straybullet:
El rufais 8 year politics of bitterness really dealt kaduna many blows

I have never seen depopulation and its effects real time like in this once glorious state.

From unleased malls at shoprite, to numerous undervalued and unsold real estate, to everyday meetings with people moving out and none moving in.

The midget had a politics of bitterly fighting to win.

He might have won his battles , but kaduna is losing the war of development.

Up and down, slums are all you see.

He only paved roads in the elite Muslim neighbourhoods, sited his economic projects like the now dysfunctional shoprite in the same neighbourhood, and only engaged the Southern areas with his famed bitterness.

I feel sorry for this state; once the political capital of Northern Nigeria, it is now home to capital flight, human resources flight etc.

Even Muslim kano knows to treat human beings better than Mr el rufai. And so kano took a chunk of our businessme n away. So did niger/abuja our second illistrous neighbour .

The bloodshed of many years was already doing us harm, el rufai completely interred our remains.

I fear for this beautiful state.

I have one piece of advice for Mr uba sani , the governor.

Completely divorce yourself from el rufai....his politics of hate, his economics of divisiveness, his religious bigotry, and all of his bad energy.

El rufais energy that we saw was bad, and evil.

Kaduna cannot take anymore of that without becoming yobe or zamfara.

Mr governor, let love lead. It will be hard to woo back those who have left and tasted the sweetness of other sane states, but you can stop the haemorrhage. You can prevent more people from leaving, and from there build something better than your failed predecessor.

There are some of us here for good. We will always be here to help.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Straybullet: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
James91:
That man really destroy kad, before I relocated the lands I bought I could not sell them, nobody is coming to buy, some of my friends that wanted to sale their houses, the house the bought land, dig water, spent almost 10 millions to build that time cement was 2500, someone will price you 6 million naira.

I almost bought another piece of land recently, in addition to those I.have...but I just can't. I rather buy goods and sell. The situation is dire.

By the way , I'm not even a northerner, just that I was born here. I love the state , but things need a boost , quickly
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by U09ce: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
Straybullet:

You have no vantage position if you cannot see that el rufai left the state worse than he met it.

A man that publicly admitted his choice of Muslim Muslim ticket was to subdue and subjugate Christians.

A man that admitted he paid money to foreign terrorists out of state coffers.

Whatbisnthe result of his "incredible" performance if.our state is littered with houses abandoned by their owners because insecurity has rendered the area unlivable?

Why are there so many houses of relocated people vacant and up for sale with no interested buyers?
Why is the millennium city project failing with no meaningful attraction of human resources?

Why is the television garage to sabo road still abandoned after scraping away the little one people were managing...?

Which road did he do in sabo, television, gonin gora, romi, karatudu, federal housing, buwaya?, to mention just a few...

You can earn your pay without trying to mislead the public. We are right here on the ground. El rufai hated the Christian half of kaduna. That half has reciprocated , because many of them are the investing visitors who are now leaving in droves.

I hope el rufai manufactures investors out of thin air to come back and get this economy moving...
Whether you accept or not, the issue of insecurity occasioned by banditry is not peculiar to christian areas or even the whole state. It's a north west and north central issue. How you keep blaming Elrufai for something that's responsibility of FG is what I'm yet to fathom. The lives and properties lost in Kaduna Central in recent years, outnumber that in Southern Kaduna. The records are there. There's no LG in Southern Kaduna that's not readily accessible. But a large LG, Birnin Gwari which is muslim dominated, has become a Bermuda triangle of sorts. But since the LG is muslim, you barely hear about their sordid situation.

As for what Elrufai said about some Christians, I'm not supportive of that. I am of the opinion that he said that to massage the egos of the Muslim audience that was there, which is an attribute of most politicians. His utterance was at variance with what he's known for. He doesn't give a damn about the religion or tribe of people he works with.
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by Zooposki(f): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by JagabanB: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Straybullet:

No newcomers.

Nobody can divide what's not divided.
U don't just divide adults like they are kids, they lack leadership and that's a fact.
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by JagabanB: 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2023
Kukutente23:

Yeah yeah always shifting blame
How many times will they speak?
Face your bigot and stop blaming the victims
Leadership is way beyond speaking, it's about acting decisively, they can continue to môàñ while they remain in oblivion, none of my business, just a care for them.
What I know about southern Kaduna is that anyone who has little money will pretend they are not from southern Kaduna instead of looking for how to build and uplift their home.
Speaking without acting shows lack of leadership

1 Like

Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by JagabanB: 11:46pm On Nov 10, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
U can't be divided and blame outsiders for ur division.
It's siblings who are divided and blame others for their division.
Nobody has d capacity to divide a group unless the group is willing and open to division then the divider exploits that weakness.
They need to wake up and be responsible.
Re: Kaduna's Economic Woes by grandstar(m): 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
U09ce:

I too found the attack on rufai too one-sided and very unfair blaming the present malaise on the city on him.

Kadunas decline mirrors the decline of the Nigerian economy as a whole.

Kadunas decline started with the shutting down of textile mills which were the foundation of the city's economic base. The city also suffers from the pull of Abuja. What's funny is that most of his critics did not mention the harm the kaduna train kidnapping had on the city.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fake Products And The Only Way Out Of It / “he Is Asking For Oduduwa Nation” – Miyetti Allah Calls For Arrest Of Sunday Igb / Soludo Shut Down Onitsha, As He Opens New Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.