Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations (33915 Views)

Burna Boy Bags Two Grammy Nominations at 2023 Grammys / Wizkid Goes Shooting After Losing Grammy Nominations (video) / 'Smile' Official Video - Wizkid Features His 3 Sons, Banky W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Buharidgeneral: 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
kestolove95:
Una think say ifeanyi death na just like that
How?
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by jaxxy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
more wins
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Zooposki(f): 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
They will use this Grammy to create fights and bad blood btw African countries. We better create our own before it’s too late. Nigerians are so colonized, it’s almost laughable.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Padipadi(m): 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
God when?
Emilokan!
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by BadBradley: 7:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
nlfpmod:
Elated Davido has reacted to his 3 Grammy nominations.

Davido was nominated in 3 Grammy categories:

Best Global Music Performance (FEEL, Davido)

Best African Music Performance (“UNAVAILABLE,” Davido feat. Musa Keys)

Best Global Music Album (Timeless, Davido)

Reacting, Davido posted on social media:

Congratulations!!! But global and Best African music categories are the equivalent of federal characters appointments in Nigeria and inclusivity policies in America.

These are useless categories as far as Grammy is concerned

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by We4all: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
MrTed:
Congratulations to Davido on his 3 Grammy nominations! He deserves to win for the following reasons:

He is a pioneer of Afrobeats. Afrobeats is a global phenomenon now, but Davido was one of the artists who helped to put it on the map. He has been releasing hit songs for over a decade, and he has collaborated with some of the biggest names in music, including Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, and Drake.
His music is innovative and exciting. Davido is not afraid to experiment with different sounds and genres. His music is always fresh and exciting, and he is constantly pushing the boundaries of Afrobeats.
He is a global superstar. Davido has a massive following all over the world. He has sold out stadiums and arenas on multiple continents, and his music is streamed millions of times every day.
His album "Timeless" is a masterpiece. It is a cohesive and well-crafted album that showcases Davido's versatility as an artist. The album features a mix of uptempo dance tracks and slower ballads, and it is sure to appeal to a wide range of listeners.
Here are some specific examples of why Davido deserves to win each of his nominated categories:

Best Global Album: "Timeless" is a truly global album. It features collaborations with artists from all over the world, including Nigeria, Ghana, the United States, and Jamaica. The album also incorporates a wide range of musical styles, from Afrobeats to pop to R&B.
Best African Performance: "Unavailable" is one of the biggest Afrobeats songs of all time. It has over 100 million views on YouTube, and it has been streamed millions of times on Spotify. The song is a catchy and upbeat tune with a positive message.
Best Global Music Performance: "Feel" is another massive Afrobeats hit. It is a slow-tempo ballad with a beautiful melody. Davido's vocals are on point, and the song is sure to touch the hearts of listeners all over the world.
I am confident that Davido will win at least one Grammy Award in 2024. He is a deserving artist, and his music is loved by people all over the world. I am excited to see what he achieves next.

Na whao! How much did Davido pay you to write this novel?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by PepeXKermit: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
viodemus:
Unavailable no sweet reach Rush - Ayra star.

Go plan another music.

which one is the latest to come out? Davido get mad us following. he will win atleast one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by ufuosman(m): 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
Congrats
Winning is sure
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by jojothaiv(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
ATEAMS:
A lot can happen in just 2 months. New body, new mindset, new money, new circle, new love, new everything. Go within, make a new decision, and start now.
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by DDIA: 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Dittodat:
Frog ain't winning shit
I no like frog voice but make him win all three so that e go humble arrogant burna boy.

Burna is too arrogant and pompous.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by pongwa(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sabadon:
grin

I pray he wins so he can silence the naysayers
David has payed his dues from the time of damiduro to kante
no cap, dami duro was a banger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Bigchristo: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2023
nlfpmod:
Elated Davido has reacted to his 3 Grammy nominations.

Davido was nominated in 3 Grammy categories:

Best Global Music Performance (FEEL, Davido)

Best African Music Performance (“UNAVAILABLE,” Davido feat. Musa Keys)

Best Global Music Album (Timeless, Davido)

Reacting, Davido posted on social media:

That’s lovely to hear, Davido is a blessed guy he keep winning 👏👏
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Ndidi2: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tjra:
shocked

This life ehn, no one knows tomorrow.

2 secs everything don burst.
naso my neighbor we de hustle kpomo,de carry gas for head go refill,de borrow money up and down don Japa with hubby last week go uk
Honestly this life e..
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Numerouno94(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
femijamz:
At least he will win 2 of this
LoL.grin
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Pikadili: 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How will the song win with the hits of Burna, Asake and Rema

And that's just Nigeria alone. Davido can only buy those awards. On merit, No way!

Bitter leaf spotted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by VaginaAcademic: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
Davido wan win Grammy before snoop dogg and Nicki minaj grin grin
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by udemzyudex(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2023
Fibonacci88:
I know say this one go over loud the nomination pass who go finally win the award
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Numerouno94(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2023
TheWinterBird:
He will definitely win this time. It's your time Davido. You've been deserving of a
Grammy/Grammies for far too long now. Congratulations in advance.

Deserving of Grammy/Grammies keh? U tink Grammy na beans? People like 2pac he might have won if he wasn't killed in his prime, Niki Minaj, Snoop Dogg, Sia, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Diana Rose, Bob Marley etcetera re yet to win despite all the nominations they had.

Though, winning a Grammy is not as competitive as b4.
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by macho44(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Another Grammy has and I didn't get any nomination chaiii lord when
You be musician?
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by dannyspeejay(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
God is always with us

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by tunize(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
RPG2020:
OBO IS BRING IN THE 3 award 💯 percent sure cool

Bookmark this comment

Brb grin
I love his music no doubt, he has paid his dues but if awards are really 100% transparent bro Davido is not winning anything you see Rema he might get double, burna is also there, Ayra Star this guys without sentiment at this moment forget them be fire compared to David.
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Orathird: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2023
FitCorper:
Congratulations bully. But I think WizKid is better and more down to earth.

And so?
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by PHAYOL81: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
Go on boy, you've paid your dues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by xjiggy: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
I have a strong conviction Asake is winning a Grammy
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by exnovio(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
Congratulations Kiing David,we taking the treble home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by UptownVibes(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
illicit:
BigWiz

Starboy for life

😎
Na you know undecided
Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by peacettw: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
Truly proud of Davido. My all time favourite artist. I hope you win this cos you deserve it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Chinex93(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
Baddest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by Theactor(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
ATEAMS:
A lot can happen in just 2 months. New body, new mindset, new money, new circle, new love, new everything. Go within, make a new decision, and start now.

mehn,u don't know how encouraging this ur post can be to some fellows out there
taking risk is all what it need, not taking risk will struck someone in poverty forever... and like I use to say,is better u take risk and lose than not taking risk at all,cos eventually with strong believe victory is gonna come one day but not taking risk will only make someone stay in a circle for many years,see davido,he has been pushing for Grammy all this years,but see now it come, he never stop and never stop taking risk as well by always making sure his songs came out and sound like Grammy rated own and alas it paid.
thanks man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by CaptainFM1: 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sabadon:
grin

I pray he wins so he can silence the naysayers
David has payed his dues from the time of damiduro to kante

So that David can sling down Goliath right?

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jestin:
We re taking it home this time around team Davido. Haters can cry blood
Let him win first.. And I'm not a hater grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? / Just Released - 9ice, New Album, Titled "red Eye Moda Foker"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.