Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? (33920 Views)

Phyno Vs Olamide..after Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? Part Two! / Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better / Wizkid Vs Davido Vs Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2013
Well,permit me...I have searched on this section and couldnt find what i was looking for..

Being a hardcore Music fan as a whole,i love indigenous songs so well,and i guess some other persons do too..

There Where 9ice,Mr Raw,And the late Dagrin...Damn,i loved Dagrin like hell,and his intonation and Command of the Yoruba Language,same With 9ice and his Infuse of Yoruba Lyrics...Mr Raw wasnt Left out too,He was reping his people Wella...

And there was 2face too,who Never fails to deliver his mother tongue,while still infusing that of other tribes......And the List goes on..

But then,The Words Out in The Street Now is that the Two current Best Indigenous Singers/rappers are Phyno and Olamide...No need using any Superlative to qualify them again,we all know They are Meticulously Awesome..Infact,the Lords Blessings Leaves them Both Lyrically inclined...They are just wonderful...

But then,here comes my Question: After That Murderous Hit Single "GHOSTMODE" Between these two Acts,Who has released the Better Tracks?...

Both are my favs,and so i find it hard to select the Better songs....But after a thorough Check,plays and replays,i came to the Conclusion That Phyno's songs were better...I still stand to be Corrected anyway...But the Song "street Music" killed it all.....AM I WRONG

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by airmark(m): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes you are wrong.Do your research again.

18 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
airmark: Yes you are wrong.Do your research again.
You cant say am wrong Without giving a point to drive home ur view!

5 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chanchit: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
All I can say to this issue is that they sing in different languages, so I think Phyno is big in the east while Olamide is big in the west. So maybe the northerners and southerners can come and help us out.

5 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by airmark(m): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
philfearon:
You cant say am wrong Without giving a point to drive home ur view!

Phyno is good but obviously Olamide is better. In creativity and ingredients you want in rap lyrics. I have n't seen phyno do d.ope multis in his lyrics. Wordplays are also limited or even not evident in his lyrics compared to olamide. May be if he brings out his album we could see more of him. But for now Olamide has brought more hits than phyno after Ghost mode. I was suprised you did nt know this.

27 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
airmark:

Phyno is good but obviously Olamide is better. In creativity and ingredients you want in rap lyrics. I have n't seen phyno do d.ope multis in his lyrics. Wordplays are also limited or even not evident in his lyrics compared to olamide. May be if he brings out his album we could see more of him. But for now Olamide has brought more hits than phyno after Ghost mode. I was suprised you did nt know this.
I will love You to Drop the hits of Olamide after Ghostmode.....As for lyrical contents and Wordplays,u just said this one out of over sentimentality.....
Phyno is full of wordplays bro......Listen to Man of the year,Street Music,His Freestyle on forty-eight,Wot R U W18 4,and then listen to all the tracks he has been featured in,e.g Bless My Hussle by Chidimma,30-40 by Ruffcoin,Eziokwu by Lynxx, Ofu ara by Spanxx,Onye ije by Splash,and a whole host of other songs he has featured in.........Go and check 'em out..

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chanchit: All I can say to this issue is that they sing in different languages, so I think is Phyno big in the east while Olamide is big in the west. So maybe the northerners and southerners can come and help us out.
Its still same thing...None will still undastnd the language...The Basis hear is good lyrical flow....In terms of Beatz,People will alwaz go for Phyno so i dnt wanna base it on that........
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chanchit: 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
philfearon:
Its still same thing...None will still undastnd the language...The Basis hear is good lyrical flow....In terms of Beatz,People will alwaz go for Phyno so i dnt wanna base it on that........

Odi, no go argue this outside o, currently Olamide is ahead. Olamide won 3 awards @ the just concluded award in USA, phyno got 1. Olamide is in #2 on the top 10 rappers in Nigeria, Phyno is in #3. So currently Olamide is ahead. His first single "eni duro" topped charts on radio, likewise songs like Seko wale, Badoo love, Ilefo Illuminati, Turn up, lemme not count his collabo's.

19 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chanchit:

Odi, no go argue this outside o, currently Olamide is ahead. Olamide won 3 awards @ the just concluded award in USA, phyno got 1. Olamide is in #2 on the top 10 rappers in Nigeria, Phyno is in #3. So currently Olamide is ahead. His first single "eni duro" topped charts on radio, likewise songs like Seko wale, Badoo love, Ilefo Illuminati, Turn up, lemme not count his collabo's.
I had to Delete "eni Duru" after downloading and listening To it...That song was overhyped i tell u...Its nt even popular compared to Omotoshan,Ilefo Illuminati,First of all,Duru Soke,Baddo luv......Currently,Only "Duru Soke" and "Fucking With the Devil" wow's me....I still go with my Beatz stuff....But i must tell you,as much as i luv Olamide,he is really being Overhyped.....

20 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chanchit: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
philfearon:
I had to Delete "eni Duru" after downloading and listening To it...That song was overhyped i tell u...Its nt even popular compared to Omotoshan,Ilefo Illuminati,First of all,Duru Soke,Baddo luv......Currently,Only "Duru Soke" and "Fucking With the Devil" wow's me....I still go with my Beatz stuff....But i must tell you,as much as i luv Olamide,he is really being Overhyped.....

Yea, Eni duro is too raz, it can not be compared to his subsequent releases. The single became a hit because of the Video.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chanchit:

Yea, Eni duro is too raz, it can not be compared to his subsequent releases. The single became a hit because of the Video.
Thats my point....

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chanchit:

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by airmark(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
philfearon:
I will love You to Drop the hits of Olamide after Ghostmode.....As for lyrical contents and Wordplays,u just said this one out of over sentimentality.....
Phyno is full of wordplays bro......Listen to Man of the year,Street Music,His Freestyle on forty-eight,Wot R U W18 4,and then listen to all the tracks he has been featured in,e.g Bless My Hussle by Chidimma,30-40 by Ruffcoin,Eziokwu by Lynxx, Ofu ara by Spanxx,Onye ije by Splash,and a whole host of other songs he has featured in.........Go and check 'em out..

Thank God you have dropped those hits by baddoo after ghost mode in your subsequent posts. So I don't need to do that for you. I tell you olamide was the one who made that ghost mode track huge. Have u gone to their shows where the track was rendered? Olamide's part was too dope. Besides that, voice of the street,durosoke, turn up, going to heaven, light in the air, picture and many other do.pe collabos are all there for u. I like phyno and have listened to most of the tracks u mentioned, but olamide is the hottest rapper in naija right now. Ybnl is the best album at NEA. Phyno needs to release an album then we can (•͡˘˛˘ •͡) more of him.

18 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
Chanchit:

Who be #1?
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
tony ayo:
Who be #1?
Mode9....
I actualy saw the List,but the title is "most talented rapper",not best rapper...

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
philfearon: Well,permit me...I have searched on this section and couldnt find what i was looking for..
Being a hardcore Music fan as a whole,i love indigenous songs so well,and i guess some other persons do too..
There Where 9ice,Mr Raw,And the late Dagrin...Damn,i loved Dagrin like hell,and his intonation and Command of the Yoruba Language,same With 9ice and his Infuse of Yoruba Lyrics...Mr Raw wasnt Left out too,He was reping his people Wella...
And there was 2face too,who Never fails to deliver his mother tongue,while still infusing that of other tribes......And the List goes on..
But then,The Words Out in The Street Now is that the Two current Best Indigenous Singers/rappers are Phyno and Olamide...No need using any Superlative to qualify them again,we all know They are Meticulously Awesome..Infact,the Lords Blessings Leaves them Both Lyrically inclined...They are just wonderful...
But then,here comes my Question: After That Murderous Hit Single "GHOSTMODE" Between these two Acts,Who has released the Better Tracks?...
Both are my favs,and so i find it hard to select the Better songs....But after a thorough Check,plays and replays,i came to the Conclusion That Phyno's songs were better...I still stand to be Corrected anyway...But the Song "street Music" killed it all.....AM I WRONG
For me I think they are both good but I'm gonna be partial in my judgement too. grin

As an Igbo guy and as a guy who understands Igbo language...I'M GONNA GIVE IT TO PHYNO! Phyno is the best!
I don't know for Olamide because I don't understand what he's saying.

Phyno combines Igbo language with the tongue of an Agbero and makes it sound like 2pac and all that!

I understand a little yoruba so I'm gonna say Olamide is trying! SIMPLE!!

PHYNO IS THE MAN OF THE YEAR!

54 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Chanchit: All I can say to this issue is that they sing in different languages, so I think is Phyno big in the east while Olamide is big in the west. So maybe the northerners and southerners can come and help us out.
You make sense grin

But then again

Almost all southerners are Igbos. E.g Delta Igbos,Rivers,some part of Bayelsa and Edo etc

1 Like

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
god_of_music:
Olamide is trying! SIMPLE!!

PHYNO IS THE MAN OF THE YEAR!

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
[quote author=philfearon][/quote]Lol, you saw just that?? grin
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by philfearon(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
god_of_music: Lol, you saw just that?? grin
Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by airmark(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
grin Clowns are here
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Eifeh(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
Phyno is best in Igbo
Olamide is better in Yoruba
lets do it like this
Phyno vs Zoro
Olamide vs Reminenacis or what is the name,
Zoro is better than Phyno for me.

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Stunner1(f): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Definately phyno naa n reminisce is way beta dan olamide

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmm, this is a real conundrum

The simple truth is dat Yorubas that don't understand igbo are crazy abt phyno's songs like MAN OF THE YEAR. My yoruba friend loves d song like die, but I can't say the same thing abt Igbos lovin olamide.
I'm igbo and I like olamide esp durosoke but his type of songs don't appeal to everyone, to some it comes accross as rass, but same cannot be said abt phyno.

Phyno has dat combination of class and ...
They are both good, bt as an igbo boy, I prefer phyno.
I downloaded his song with chidinma just of his verse, he nails everything including his verse in skuki's voom va

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Big4wig(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Come to think of it,i think most of nairaland Mods are on strike(ASUU) cos the type of thread dat makes front page are no longer informative...imagine PHYNO & OLAMIDE who might be on top of a lady now,makin front page...mscheww

Abeg if you support the fact dat ASUU should call off(so dat nairaland go get its glory back),click LIKE

8 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Chiscomax(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
let us talk about paperboy
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Eifeh: Phyno is best in Igbo
Olamide is better in Yoruba
lets do it like this
Phyno vs Zoro
Olamide vs Reminenacis or what is the name,
Zoro is better than Phyno for me.

Who is zoro biko, is he ur broda?

6 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Phyno's lyrics in voom va and 30,40 got to me. Every time I hear him, I just get a bottle of Ooh Mpa and relax undecided

Olamide's lyrics don't get me Ooh Mpa undecided

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Austeenxx: 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Honestly, I think Olamide's tracks are banging everywhere.

Baddest guy ever liveth.

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by dopeJemi: 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
I'm 4rm d south and I say Phyno has fared better, wetin oLamide dey sing, Arrant Nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by mrcassanova(m): 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Common..

Olamide is far far better..
Re: Phyno Vs Olamide..After Ghostmode: Who Has Fared Better? by Raybel(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
Phyno and olamide. Hmmm, wot can i say. Both are good at woh dey do. Buh wen it comes to creativity bro, i giv it up to phyno. Dude thinks outside the box always. Listen to all his songs from ghost mode, to man of the yr, to kush muzik, ana m achi kwanu by oga boss etc. I luv ds guy so much. Olamide is on top of his game. And bear in mind that phyno is yet to drop am album buh olamide has. So i giv it up to phyno.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album / Just Released - 9ice, New Album, Titled "red Eye Moda Foker" / Free Mp3 Musics To Dawnload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.