Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka (1788 Views)

Soyinka Calls Buhari ‘idiot’ For Banning Social Media In Nigeria In 2021 / Vector Queries Keyamo: One More Question? Are You An Idiot? / DSS Charges Nnamdi Kanu For Calling Buhari ‘An Idiot, A Paedophile, A Terrorist' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by DaddyJapan(m): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
Tochi3:
Liar, continue fooling yourself with emilokan propaganda lies & deceit

Soyinka is an elder, so learn to fight your own battles.
Stop getting bent out of shape because he did not support your principal - he did not support mine either grin

Grow a spine, and learn to chart your own course in life, instead of waiting on one of Nigeria's esteemed elders to take to the streets on your behalf. cool Show the world where your own talents and convictions lie.
Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Aboki99(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2023
DaddyJapan:

The emboldened statement in your post shows you know very little about the UK's HE sector.
I will say no more for now. cool

Is Leeds in the UK Russell Group, the equivalent of US Ivy league?

Is Leeds a top 10 UK University in any ranking from 1945 to date?

I am in the UK since 2014. How long have you been here and what University have you attended and what grades have you graduated with? Can you and I publicly post our credentials?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by DaddyJapan(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Aboki99:

I am in the UK since 2014. How long have you been here and what University have you attended and what grades have you graduated with? Can you and I publicly post our credentials?

Who gives a rat's arse if you've been in the UK since 2014?

Next time do some basic research before putting foot in the mouth.

I don't come here to shoot the breeze... cool

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Jerchance: 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
Why you come dey talk now. You for talk am when him dey office na. We know the grind baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Ikpunnegi01: 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
But you didn't say all these before, why now? Ngene ekwensu, vu#tures grill boy and co, come defend una daddy..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by fkelly(m): 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
If buhari is an idiot what will his supporters be?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Karemarealty288(m): 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
Baba why did you wait this long to tell him....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Tochi3(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Soyinka is an elder, so learn to fight your own battles.
Stop getting bent out of shape because he did not support your principal - he did not support mine either grin

Grow a spine, and learn to chart your own course in life, instead of waiting on one of Nigeria's esteemed elders to take to the streets on your behalf. cool Show the world where you own talents and convictions lie.
...tell your emilokan CORNfessor to keep his coward mouth shut when those fighting against the structures of criminality that he is representing take their destiny & future into their own hands grin grin

...He should concentrate filling his pockets with corn & stop dishing out worthless grammers to awwww & wow his ronu gullible miscreants grin grin

..the CORNfool is a fraud
Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Tochi3(m): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2023
Oghighirhighi:
Soyinka is free to abuse Buhari, but to claim that the Internet is being infiltrated by some unwanted characters, I'll say that he is a culprit here as he used the social media to call Patient Jonathan Shepopotamus and Jonathan, nebuchadnezer amongst other terrible abuses. But suddenly the old fool wants decency to reign because he is at the receiving end.
Dont mind the fraudulent CORNfooool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by OmoFiditi: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2023
Why didn't you say it when he was president?

Coward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Rilwayne001: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
Buhari’s wasn’t just an idiotic president, he was a foolish one too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Bigkoko: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2023
Typical coward. Now baba don comot there, na in you remember to call am idiot.

Abeg go Siddon one place. Buhari is one hundred percent better than a renowned cultist!

Antoeni:
Nobel laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka has said that former President Muhammadu Buhari was an “idiot” for banning Twitter in Nigeria.

Soyinka said this in an interview with Arise News Television at the CANEX Live Theatre closing ceremony of the 3rd Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF) 2023, convened in Cairo, Egypt by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank), in collaboration with the African Union and African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).

He said while the internet and social media space had been infested with foul communications and languages by people of “lower intelligence, integrity and sense of concern of involvement, regulation of social media should be constructive, methodical and structured”.

According to Soyinka, Nigeria and Africa, in general, may have to totally reverse their educational systems to take in what he described as a new monster.

He stressed that the internet and social media are a valuable contribution to the entire human enterprise.

Soyinka said, “I see everything of value being debased; values which I grew up with as a child and that includes language, use of appropriate language.

“When I see a space being infested, a communication space infested by the people of lower intelligence, integrity, sense of concern of involvement, then existed in the print media; we should also remember that this internet, there is nothing novel all about it, it is an enhancement of something we have always been doing before.

“It is an enhancement of the print medium and there is a more critical approach to the print medium - the editor sits down, even letters to the editor particularly go through full vetting processes.

“But now you can have any kind of pig from the gutter who simply because he’s got a paw and therefore can put that paw in the dirt, in filth and then imprint it on the nearest space, that is the internet has become.

“Having known better from childhood, all the way through my development, it is an abysmal stage of one’s compelled existence to have to confront things like that.”

According to the literary icon, “something drastic has to be done about it”.

“The publishing enterprise has a huge role to play in this. Maybe we even have to organize weeklong, monthlong seminars across the African continent so that let this garbage come from elsewhere. Why should it be coming from my own society? A society that has produced engineers and doctors who are valued all over the world.”

Soyinka said it riles him to see “some garbage simply because they have access” foul up the society.

He added that he hopes he “will never meet any of them responsible in a dark alley,” because they will find out he can be young.

When asked if he strongly believes in regulation of the internet, he said, “Theoretically, if you are going to regulate, who regulates it? How does he go about it? Does regulation begin from education – new education? Do we include teaching from the level of primary schools because even children now speak a language which I don’t understand - internet language? Watch them at work there, I’m like an illiterate and I will never compete with that.

“So, maybe we will have to totally revise our educational system to take in this new monster which, however, is a valuable contribution to the entire human enterprise.

“So, while we talk about regulation, I want us to be very careful there. I don’t want some dictator like this last one (immediate former President Muhammadu Buhari who banned Twitter) attempted to do; who woke up and said I’m banning Facebook (Twitter), Idiot!

“You just wake up and say you are banning Facebook, that is nonsense! Do something constructive, methodical, structured about it, including making the criminals understand that they deserve to be somewhere else.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/12/buhari-was-idiot-banning-social-media-wole-soyinka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by OmoFiditi: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
Aboki99:

Post your credentials let us peruse, if you truly have earned the proper education that you claim to possess.
Any educated person like you who think Buhari should not be captured like a baboon and locked up for wrecking the country, is the biggest buffoon with a waste of education.

Soyinka is a hypocrite and coward but Buhari is a blood thirsty criminal with an empty head who foisted himself on the people just to wreck the country. Why should he go scot-free?
Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by DesChyko: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
TooNoisy:
This man speaks the truth 100% of the time.

You are absolutely right!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by DesChyko: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Aboki99:
Can you and I publicly post our credentials?

Is it the same 'ceremonial document' that can be easily obtained from 'third party vendors' in one's sleep that you're bragging with? 😁

Y'all inconsistent as hell
Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Couldntfigurean: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2023
If buhari is an idiot according to Wole Soyinka,is it wrong to say that his Yoruba people that supported the “Idiot” twice are bigger idiots?

I just see that Soyinka hates non Yoruba leaders,the same way he was insulting Jonathan and his family now he has moved on to buhari,but will never say anything about his tribeman who is currently wrecking the Country as we speak

Typical Yoruba man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by VinnyBaba: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
Why is this Thread not on FrontPage yet?🤔🤔

because it's not PETER OBI, Ahmed Datti or an Igbo Politician that that made this statement, Abi? 😏😏

And where is Yarimo, Helinuis Boy, Afamed, LeodeCraze,
and other renowned Agbadorian MISCREANTS on this Thread?🤨🤨

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by ugofulfilled(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2023
The Prof inadvertently finds his voice again.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Tochi3(m): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Why is this Thread not on FrontPage yet?🤔🤔

because it's not PETER OBI, Ahmed Datti or an Igbo Politician that that made this statement, Abi? 😏😏

And where is Yarimo, Helinuis Boy, Afamed, LeodeCraze,
and other renowned Agbadorian MISCREANTS on this Thread?🤨🤨
..or from the East grin grin. The @Op should play a fast one, change the title to Senator Abaribe..& see the magic grin grin

..being insecure as a human creature is the worst thing that can happen to a miserable soul

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Fredics: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Antoeni:
Nobel laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka has said that former President Muhammadu Buhari was an “idiot” for banning Twitter in Nigeria.

Soyinka said this in an interview with Arise News Television at the CANEX Live Theatre closing ceremony of the 3rd Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF) 2023, convened in Cairo, Egypt by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank), in collaboration with the African Union and African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).

He said while the internet and social media space had been infested with foul communications and languages by people of “lower intelligence, integrity and sense of concern of involvement, regulation of social media should be constructive, methodical and structured”.

According to Soyinka, Nigeria and Africa, in general, may have to totally reverse their educational systems to take in what he described as a new monster.

He stressed that the internet and social media are a valuable contribution to the entire human enterprise.

Soyinka said, “I see everything of value being debased; values which I grew up with as a child and that includes language, use of appropriate language.

“When I see a space being infested, a communication space infested by the people of lower intelligence, integrity, sense of concern of involvement, then existed in the print media; we should also remember that this internet, there is nothing novel all about it, it is an enhancement of something we have always been doing before.

“It is an enhancement of the print medium and there is a more critical approach to the print medium - the editor sits down, even letters to the editor particularly go through full vetting processes.

“But now you can have any kind of pig from the gutter who simply because he’s got a paw and therefore can put that paw in the dirt, in filth and then imprint it on the nearest space, that is the internet has become.

“Having known better from childhood, all the way through my development, it is an abysmal stage of one’s compelled existence to have to confront things like that.”

According to the literary icon, “something drastic has to be done about it”.

“The publishing enterprise has a huge role to play in this. Maybe we even have to organize weeklong, monthlong seminars across the African continent so that let this garbage come from elsewhere. Why should it be coming from my own society? A society that has produced engineers and doctors who are valued all over the world.”

Soyinka said it riles him to see “some garbage simply because they have access” foul up the society.

He added that he hopes he “will never meet any of them responsible in a dark alley,” because they will find out he can be young.

When asked if he strongly believes in regulation of the internet, he said, “Theoretically, if you are going to regulate, who regulates it? How does he go about it? Does regulation begin from education – new education? Do we include teaching from the level of primary schools because even children now speak a language which I don’t understand - internet language? Watch them at work there, I’m like an illiterate and I will never compete with that.

“So, maybe we will have to totally revise our educational system to take in this new monster which, however, is a valuable contribution to the entire human enterprise.

“So, while we talk about regulation, I want us to be very careful there. I don’t want some dictator like this last one (immediate former President Muhammadu Buhari who banned Twitter) attempted to do; who woke up and said I’m banning Facebook (Twitter), Idiot!

“You just wake up and say you are banning Facebook, that is nonsense! Do something constructive, methodical, structured about it, including making the criminals understand that they deserve to be somewhere else.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/12/buhari-was-idiot-banning-social-media-wole-soyinka
he helped win election

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Khyrvxjzy: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Antoeni:
This man speaks too much lately,you cant say which side he belongs.

There isnt anything Nobel about this Man.

Chinua Achebe was Better Off

this is why ibo need to learn

if soyinka need to insult tinubu tomorrow he will do so
Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by 90dbest: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
Tochi3:
...tell your emilokan CORNfessor to keep his coward mouth shut when those fighting against the structures of criminality that he is representing take their destiny & future into their own hands grin grin

...He should concentrate filling his pockets with corn & stop dishing out worthless grammers to awwww & wow his ronu gullible miscreants grin grin

..the CORNfool is a fraud
Soyinka, lately has become a disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Aboki99(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
DesChyko:

Is it the same 'ceremonial document' that can be easily obtained from 'third party vendors' in one's sleep that you're bragging with? 😁

Y'all inconsistent as hell

Go and operate on a patient without the right certificate then!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by HopeSpencer: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2023
Aboki99:
Wole Soyinka is an operated idiot who gets his head puffed up because of a Prize that everyone knows is highly politicised. Wole's thinks and believes that intelligence begins and ends with rote-memorising a bunch of verbose vocabularies to bamboozle the semi-educated and morons.
The University of Leeds he attended in the UK is a non-elite University. If Wole was the smart Scholar he thinks of himself, he wouldn't have settled for Leeds, idiotic one-eyed old man living in a village of the blind.

Wonders, they say, shall never end. Almajiris now having opinions on nairaland.

Re: Buhari Was An Idiot For Banning Social Media –wole Soyinka by Aboki99(m): 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Wonders, they say, shall never end. Almajiris now having opinions on nairaland.

Yes, because my great grand parents in Kanem Borno knew how to read and write over 100 years b4 the white man came and bring ABCD to you people at the coastal area. Then your great grant parents were going about in the bush stark unclad. The Yoruba historian Toyin Falola knows and confirms this fact!

Go and read history, young man/woman!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo's Sister, Boma Exposes The Atrocities Of Nysom Wike / Obidients On Twitter Beg Peter Obi To Dump Labour Party / Those Who Warn Against Voting Tinubu Were Well Guided, We Apologise- Mahdi Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.