Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria (28119 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Wigwe University Project (Video) / Herbert Wigwe Was Building "The Best University In Africa" For His People(Video) / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Kushites: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2023
Banking Tycoon Invests in New $500 Million University in Nigeria

Wigwe to lure tycoons including Dangote to mentor students

University targets to enroll 10,000 students in five years

Herbert Wigwe, co-founder of Nigeria’s biggest bank by assets, Access Bank, is investing in a new $500 million university to help build skills needed for the finance and technology industries in Africa’s most-populous nation.

Wigwe University will begin admitting students for undergraduate courses next year, Wigwe, chief executive officer for Access Holdings Plc, said in an interview in Lagos. The scholars will be able to chose management, science and engineering, information technology and creative arts courses.

The institution will need as much as $500 million to scale up in five years, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-11/banking-tycoon-wigwe-invests-in-new-500-million-university-in-nigeria

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by 1TrippleCee: 10:51am On Nov 13, 2023
God bless me with money. I also want to impact this world. Hit the like button to tap i to this prayer too

213 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Maize247(f): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2023
That's a lots of money.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Fredics: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2023
Better than reinventing abroad with Nigerian Money like your Leaders in power

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2023
This Ikwerre man, nice one sha

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Kenochi(m): 11:11am On Nov 13, 2023
God bless you sir for investing in Nigeria,there is a lot of money to be made in this country and I really encourage our elite to help with investment and creating employment for our people
In Education, ICT,Health,Electricity,Transportation etc the opportunities are mind boggling.Just like some of us have decided to invest our resources here in Nigeria
If only our leaders can see reason and create the environment for investment to grow and stop all this voodoo economics
Kindly visit this link to see and key into our estate
https://www.nairaland.com/7905627/introducing-strongtower-estate-ode-omi#126875204

5 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by DaddyJapan(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2023
Kushites:
Banking Tycoon Invests in New $500 Million University in Nigeria

Wigwe to lure tycoons including Dangote to mentor students

University targets to enroll 10,000 students in five years

Herbert Wigwe, co-founder of Nigeria’s biggest bank by assets, Access Bank, is investing in a new $500 million university to help build skills needed for the finance and technology industries in Africa’s most-populous nation.

Wigwe University will begin admitting students for undergraduate courses next year, Wigwe, chief executive officer for Access Holdings Plc, said in an interview in Lagos. The scholars will be able to chose management, science and engineering, information technology and creative arts courses.

The institution will need as much as $500 million to scale up in five years, he said.

More From Bloomberg. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-11/banking-tycoon-wigwe-invests-in-new-500-million-university-in-nigeria

$500 million university? Okay, I have a bridge that connects Nigeria to France to sell.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2023
DaddyJapan:

$500 million university? Okay, I have a bridge that connects Nigeria to France to sell.

Lol.

grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by kettykin: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2023
Thank God everyone is now having a mindset if giving back to the society. I hope this investment is in ikwere land

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by RenaissanceGuy: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Students that would graduate and start looking for paid jobs or the ones that will put what they studied in practice, creating jobs in the process, just as it's in developed countries?? What Nigeria needs is not more universities, it's aggressive industrialisation. In fact, let's even begin with the easiest—agricultural industrialization, which can turn Nigeria into a developed country within 25 years!
tctrills:

No county ever became developed via agriculture. Not even one.
Netherlands of 17m people makes about $79B yearly via agricultural export, that's aside the massive blue-collar millions of jobs provided to the citizens while Nigeria with so-called black gold makes meager $39B - approximately half of it. Do you think if Nigeria has a very organised national mechanised agriculture tens of millions of currently unemployed Nigerian graduates won't be working in those farms as agronomists, electrical and mechanical engineers, accountants, geneticists, animal nutritionists, IT experts, veterinarians, hydrologist, farm nurses and doctors, marine scientists, unlike the current system where the agricultural sector is handled by 90% old men and women using hoes and cutlass and who are majorly illiterates etc?? Even those who did not read agaric-related courses will hop in, because of the avalanche of jobs in the sector. And the prosperity from that sector would then trickle down into other industrial sectors such as steel, shipbuilding, car, electronics manufacturing, etc. This is how countries such as the USA, China, Malaysia became what they are today!

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by TheSuperX(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
He should create more jobs instead, imagine building universities while graduates are still jobless for decades due to unemployment.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by christejames(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind before them go say na because I no like school undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Hedonisco: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
TheSuperX:
He should create more jobs instead, imagine building universities while graduates are still jobless for decades due to unemployment.

Mumu. So it is not human beings like you that would work in the university as lecturers, admin staff, cleaners, security men, maintenance, etc? It is not Nigerians that would be used to build the university?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Blitzking: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
TheSuperX:
we av graduates who are unemployable..we need to revamp what is taught in schools.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by seborrhic: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Is it today you knew Nigerians like floating superfluous figures to feel big and important?
In Nigeria a goverment official will tell you we are a country of 300m people and that in next 5 years the economy will be bigger than that of China and US combined.
Where is Wigwe going to source for $500m (₦500b)within 5 years or people think he would conjure up that amount from his pocket?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by orisa37: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
GOOD INVESTMENT. IT'S SUPPORTED.
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by banku: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
About time privileged Nigerians woke up and start investing at home.

All the money laundered abroad will ouiive you and used for the benefit of the countries you laundered to.

Thank you sir.

Kenochi:
God bless you sir for investing in Nigeria,there is a lot of money to be made in this country and I really encourage our elite to help with investment and creating employment for our people
In Education, ICT,Health,Electricity,Transportation etc the opportunities are mind boggling.Just like some of us have decided to invest our resources here in Nigeria
If only our leaders can see reason and create the environment for investment to grow and stop all this voodoo economics
Kindly visit this link to see and key into our estate
https://www.nairaland.com/7905627/introducing-strongtower-estate-ode-omi#126875204
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
The worst bank in 9ja. I opened account with Diamond bank una get mind buy de bank come de deduct my money anyhow una like. God no go 4giv wuna

10 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by TheSuperX(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hedonisco:

Mumu. So it is not human beings like you that would work in the university as lecturers, admin staff, cleaners, security men, maintenance, etc? It is not Nigerians that would be used to build the university?
You are so f**lish, can you compare those rubbish to industries and companies that can hire thousands of people?

Abi you go like become cleaner and security man? Ozuor!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by nedu666: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
Na today. Graduates full berekete for ground. No jobs

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by 5ThChild: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
He should create an industry in the production sector instead... We have enough schools already churning out graduates with no jobs already

14 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by NaijaCover(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by sotall(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Sirchiboy: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
He should assist me with just $1m to build my life.
Please pass the message to him

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by waternogetenemy: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
gidgiddy:
This Ikwerre man, nice one sha

And wat are the Ikwere clan?

What is W igwe

Wigwe simple means Nwa-Igwe shortened.

which is King pikin or child.

9 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Build a factory rather than school.

Because after school comes unemployment in Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
Schools especially universities have not really added to anything in Nigeria. There are millions of university graduates doing menial jobs- Keke drivers, bus conductors etc.

Technical Colleges and factories are what Nigerians need now. Learn a practical skill that is admissible!

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground / What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths / Drama In Edo: Teacher Cant Read Her Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.